Can recipients of wine gifts have it at dinner?

Yungs

Hi, I am considering buying some bottles of wine for my parents as a bon voyage gift via the Princess website.

My question is whether or not they can take a bottle to dinner with them and have treated the same as bottles of wine bought on board? It would be really good if they could have it at dinner (ie. rather than having to drink it in their stateroom), so if they can't I might just give them a gift card and say buy it yourself. Also, they are not big drinkers and could never finish a bottle in one go, so being able to store it away for the next night is important.

Yes, they can have it at dinner with no corkage fee.

If you buy them a gift of wine, there will be a card in the cabin announcing the gift.

They can choose to call room service and have the wine delivered to the cabin (and bring it to the dining room themselves) or they can bring the card to the dining room and give their server the card and have the wine brought to the table.

If the bottle is unfinished in the dining room, the waiter can have it kept (by cabin number) for another day. It can be retrieved by a waiter at another dinner, even if in a different dining room or a specialty restaurant since it is stored by cabin number.

Thanks so much for the quick response!

Now for the next trick - actually buying it. I found the list of available wines on their website but can't see where to buy. Just call them I suppose?

Archived