2nd Solo Cruise - I'm ADDICTED

cynt

I just completed my 2nd official solo cruise. I'm beyond addicted to having my own cabin. 1st time was a inside on Carnival Elation. This time a Boardwalk view balcony on RCCL's Allure. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to sharing a cabin unless it was with a boyfriend or husband. :D

If you're sailing solo check your roll call board. I had the greatest time hanging out with my roll call buddies.

Hi Miss Daisy, I agree completely. I adored being able to spread out in the cabin, put all my things where I wanted them in the bathroom, etc. It was also nice to be able to take a nap or watch a little TV, just because I wanted to, no pressure to do anything I didn't want to. :)

• 1 month later...
I just completed my 2nd official solo cruise. I'm beyond addicted to having my own cabin. 1st time was a inside on Carnival Elation. This time a Boardwalk view balcony on RCCL's Allure. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to sharing a cabin unless it was with a boyfriend or husband. :D

If you're sailing solo check your roll call board. I had the greatest time hanging out with my roll call buddies.

I took my first cruise earlier this year on celebrity and I had the pleasure of having a balcony. I totally enjoyed having the room to myself. At this point I am in the same boat as you.. I refuse to share a room. my family is talking about doing a family reunion on a cruise and I already told my aunt she needs to price me for a room by myself. But before then I already booked my next solo adventure for May 2014 on the Explorer of the Seas..

In any event I hope you continue to enjoy cruising... I Know I am.

LOL...love this kind of thread.......I have been on close to 40 cruises

solo and ready for my 41st:D

I am totally jealous right about now.. But I am also heartened to hear that someone who has been on so many cruises can still find cruising to be fun. Hopefully that is me 39 or so cruises from now.

I am totally jealous right about now.. But I am also heartened to hear that someone who has been on so many cruises can still find cruising to be fun. Hopefully that is me 39 or so cruises from now.

Hi, this is my vacation of choice:).....I love being pampered:D;)

As for fun? That is definitely part of the mixture as well:)

Going on my first solo cruise in Dec and I am really looking forward to it! I even booked a second solo cruise for Jan since the deal was too good to pass up.

This might end up being my preferred way to travel:)

I have only been on one cruise and I can tell you that it is already my preferred travel option, especially when a port is only a 30 minute ride away.. have a good time on your upcoming cruises.

Glad you had a wonderful time! I've got my first solo coming up, and have little doubt I'll enjoy the heck out of it! Only bummer is that my roll call decided to move to Facebook. I'm too paranoid/overly cautious to let a bunch of strangers know my name, where I live, all about my life, etc., and that I'll be traveling alone, so I didn't join them. But I'm sure I'll make friends, if and when I want. :p

I fear the solo-cruise addiction!!

Glad you had a wonderful time! I've got my first solo coming up, and have little doubt I'll enjoy the heck out of it! Only bummer is that my roll call decided to move to Facebook. I'm too paranoid/overly cautious to let a bunch of strangers know my name, where I live, all about my life, etc., and that I'll be traveling alone, so I didn't join them. But I'm sure I'll make friends, if and when I want. :p

Hi,:) hope you have a great time.....as for that other site? I don't do it

at all and maybe you will find other folks who continue to chat on here.

Actually, at the top of all the roll call forums, there have been several

annoucements about NOT promoting FB.....

I chat on Cruise Critic for cruises:)....it is all I need.

Edited by Lois R

I have only been on one cruise and I can tell you that it is already my preferred travel option, especially when a port is only a 30 minute ride away.. have a good time on your upcoming cruises.

Thanks! Hope you have a great time too! Will be looking forward to a review of your cruise in May.:)

Have a great time. I'm looking to book my first solo next year.

I took my first cruise earlier this year on celebrity and I had the pleasure of having a balcony. I totally enjoyed having the room to myself. At this point I am in the same boat as you.. I refuse to share a room. my family is talking about doing a family reunion on a cruise and I already told my aunt she needs to price me for a room by myself. But before then I already booked my next solo adventure for May 2014 on the Explorer of the Seas..

In any event I hope you continue to enjoy cruising... I Know I am.

LOL!! I AM planning the family cruise and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to tell everyone I'm getting my own cabin. We're a tight sibling group of 7 w/ a slew of kids and I'm one of the aunties w/out kids so the extras go in my room normally on family vacations. LOL! No big deal in a hotel room but a cruise cabin - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST!!! Enjoy!!

Hi Miss Daisy, I agree completely. I adored being able to spread out in the cabin, put all my things where I wanted them in the bathroom, etc. It was also nice to be able to take a nap or watch a little TV, just because I wanted to, no pressure to do anything I didn't want to. :)

Hey you!

I completely agree. Now I'm sooo spoiled with that cruise deal we got in Sept. I'm having to get over the sticker shock on regular solo cabins. But I don't care I'm going to have to suck it up and take the plunge.

So far the hardest pre-solo-cruise part has been not having anyone to get excited with. Since I've thus far only cruised with friends/BF, I've always had others to talk to about excursions, or ship activities, etc. While everyone is happy for me to get to go solo, they can't share my level of excitement, and they get tired of listening to me babble about what I'm going to do (so I try hard not to babble!). And to me, that's a good chunk of the fun, the anticipation (especially since it lasts so much longer than the cruise itself). Do you other solos find that too, that you miss having others to get giddy with? Or have you learned to just talk to yourself, or to contain your giddiness? 'Cause right now I'm just 17 days from sailaway and I can't freaking wait!!!! :D:D:D

I totally know what you're talking about.

First time I cruised was with colleagues. We had a wonderful time, no doubt. But then six months later, I went by myself. And I had the time of my life. You get the best cruise experience, by yourself imho. You're more rawn to other people. If you're travellin gtogether with others, you're very likely to stick within your own group and are more hessitant meeting up with others.

I won't share my cabin with anybody else. Or maybe one day, my girlfriend. But only if she ask real nice, though :p

LOL!! I AM planning the family cruise and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to tell everyone I'm getting my own cabin. We're a tight sibling group of 7 w/ a slew of kids and I'm one of the aunties w/out kids so the extras go in my room normally on family vacations. LOL! No big deal in a hotel room but a cruise cabin - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

I totally agree that cruise cabins are too small to hold someone else's luggage as storage. I cannot speak for you but I tend to over pack when I go on cruises and that means there is not enough room for other people's belongings. that means you have to be around when people need the things that are inside your cabin.. just sounds like a major inconvenience to me. well I hope you are able to stand your ground on that one and tell your family to pack sensibly..

I was in a similar situation so I set up a second facebook account under a false name and included very little personal information to trace me. That way I could keep up on the roll call without risking my internet safety. Hint. You have to use a new email account.

Hi there! I'm looking at booking a solo cruise next fall... I scored some really cheap airfare to Europe and I have three weeks to kill, so I'm looking at a Baltic cruise. But I'm nervous about solo cruising. I've cruised with groups before and loved it, but I'm worried about going it alone. I think dinners will be the hardest - I'm sure I'll be busy enough during the day :) Would you recommend it?