B grade Cabins on Balmoral help needed

ligortig

We have been offered an upgrade from our D Grace cabin to a b grade on either deck 6 or deck 8 Has anyone any experience of cabins on either of these decks. I am worried that deck 8 has restricted views I would like to know how restricted. Cabins on deck 6 are below the promenade deck how noisy are these from joggers etc.

I notice that no-one has replied, so I will :)

We had an inside on Deck 6 and loved that deck. It is so convenient. We must have been below the theatre and sometimes in the late afternoon, there was a very faint sound of singing from rehearsals but had we had the tv on, we would have heard nothing.

I never saw any joggers on our cruise, just strollers :)

Enjoy your trip.

We have been offered an upgrade from our D Grace cabin to a b grade on either deck 6 or deck 8 Has anyone any experience of cabins on either of these decks. I am worried that deck 8 has restricted views I would like to know how restricted. Cabins on deck 6 are below the promenade deck how noisy are these from joggers etc.

Hope you don't mind me asking, how did you get the upgrade? Did you ask or did it come out of the blue. We have a D grade on Deck 5 and would love to go to Deck 6, having heard so much good about it.

Thanks

wft

We were on 8 Deck (cabin8031) on the Agatha Christie Cruise in October/November. The cabin had a partially restriced view, but the view was still very good - we were between lifeboats. We found the location, comfort and space of the cabin to be very good and in fact much better than the photo on the web site. However we were subjected to Force 8 conditions in the Bay of Biscay, and on looking around the ship, found that there was much less movement the lower down the ship that we went, so on reflection, if we go on the Balmoral again, we shall probably opt for a Deck 6 B Grade cabin. I am sure that you will love the Balmoral - we did.

We were on 8 Deck (cabin8031) on the Agatha Christie Cruise in October/November. The cabin had a partially restriced view, but the view was still very good - we were between lifeboats. We found the location, comfort and space of the cabin to be very good and in fact much better than the photo on the web site. However we were subjected to Force 8 conditions in the Bay of Biscay, and on looking around the ship, found that there was much less movement the lower down the ship that we went, so on reflection, if we go on the Balmoral again, we shall probably opt for a Deck 6 B Grade cabin. I am sure that you will love the Balmoral - we did.

As someone once put it to me - 'The more you pay, the more you sway':rolleyes:

We are in 8031 next year. Are there tea and coffee making facilities in the cabin.

The cabin had tea and coffe facilities with supplies replenished daily. Also a digital safe, and a hairdrier which worked very well for me - but I have short hair. There was also plenty on storage and two double wardrobes. If you look at the side view of the Balmoral, 8031 is where there is some framework between the lifeboats so that the view is good. Hope that this helps.

The cabin had tea and coffe facilities with supplies replenished daily. Also a digital safe, and a hairdrier which worked very well for me - but I have short hair. There was also plenty on storage and two double wardrobes. If you look at the side view of the Balmoral, 8031 is where there is some framework between the lifeboats so that the view is good. Hope that this helps.

Many thanks.:)

• 3 weeks later...