Champagne reef?

cancan

Hi

I believe it has been improved slightly,we were there at xmas and there is now a sort of jetty to walk along then you walk over the rocks to get in the sea.

There was a rubber mat to help you get in and out.

Sorry don't know about any trips as we just got a taxi there

Terry

Hi

I believe it has been improved slightly,we were there at xmas and there is now a sort of jetty to walk along then you walk over the rocks to get in the sea.

There was a rubber mat to help you get in and out.

Sorry don't know about any trips as we just got a taxi there

Terry

How much was a taxi ride? We've done the falls and emerald pool before and just want to do a quick snorkel there and wander around town when we are done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Forums mobile app

If you don't take a boat but enter from the beach, how far a swim is it to the reef? My husband and I are not strong swimmers.

The bubble area is about 200' from the shore! The coral and fish are another 300'.

You will have a floatation device on so you can relax between the two. Your will really enjoy the trip

Dave

If you don't take a boat but enter from the beach, how far a swim is it to the reef? My husband and I are not strong swimmers.

The bubble area is about 200' from the shore! The coral and fish are another 300'.

You will have a floatation device on so you can relax between the two. Your will really enjoy the trip

Dave

• 2 months later...

From a Carnival cruise we took a snorkel excursion to Champagne reef by boat. The shore was quite a ways and rocky, I would highly suggest the boat entrance.

Here is a short video we took, I did take a picture of shore, you can see how far away the people are.

From a Carnival cruise we took a snorkel excursion to Champagne reef by boat. The shore was quite a ways and rocky, I would highly suggest the boat entrance.

Here is a short video we took, I did take a picture of shore, you can see how far away the people are.

I have this excursion booked for my November cruise with Carnival. Did you find the Carnival boat crowded? How was the boat? The reef? Was all those people on the beach with your group or another group waiting for their turn at the reef? It looks like alot of people. Was the reef crowded?

right now this makes our 3rd snorkeling excursion and my DH doesn't want to snorkel 3x. I'm thinking of cancelling it since the other 2 snorkels are in Grenada for the Underwater Sculptures and in Martinique on a Catamaran.

I'm hoping you can tell me it was FANTASTIC and not to cancel so I can talk my DH into keeping the excursion.

Edited by girlscruise2011

The Carnival excursion was fine. The boat was a 2 level, and was full but not overly crowded. We didn't have a long wait to get into the water. I really can't tell you a whole lot about the group part of the excursion because my 10yo son (autism) was freaking out about the sea water and we ended up with our own personal tour guide who was absolutely amazing. He is in the video bringing up warm water in his snorkel for us.

I didn't get to see much of the reef. Basically what I showed in the video was the extent of what I got to see. If you have to cancel one maybe this one would be it....my husband is a science teacher and was REALLY excited about seeing the volcanic activity so this was a must do for us. Thank goodness he is my other half and we tag teamed the boy so we could both enjoy it :)

FWIW he did perfectly fine in Grand Caymen snorkeling on a previous cruise...we just keep moving forward! :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of cancelling it since the other 2 snorkels are in Grenada for the Underwater Sculptures and in Martinique on a Catamaran.

I can't comment on the Champagne Reef as I've never been. But from the video it looks like the bubbles are cool, but not that much to see otherwise? Perhaps I'm totally mistaken though.

But what I can say is whatever you decide, do not cancel your Grenada snorkel. We just went to the Underwater Sculpture Park last month and it was amazing!! :cool:

Edited by canadarocks

I can't comment on the Champagne Reef as I've never been. But from the video it looks like the bubbles are cool, but not that much to see otherwise? Perhaps I'm totally mistaken though.

But what I can say is whatever you decide, do not cancel your Grenada snorkel. We just went to the Underwater Sculpture Park last month and it was amazing!! :cool:

On no, the Grenada excursion is on the must do list. Thats why unless I have a really good reason to keep this for the 3rd excursion, we'll cancel but thank you for letting me know how much you enjoyed it.

The Carnival excursion used a boat that said "Dive Dominica" on the side.

http://www.divedominica.com/snorkeling/

Yes, I contacted them for a private excursion and they told me they were in contract with Carnival and to be through the ship. Thank you for sharing your experience but based on the video and your experience, it seems like something nice to do but not a must do. Chances are we'll end up cancelling it :(

• 1 year later...

I went in Jan 2015 would not go again rough large rocks waves making it dicey to get into the water

They have a long rubber mat you can scoot on to help. The snorkle is pretty bad overall a waste of time. Really a joke to be honest.

I went in Jan 2015 would not go again rough large rocks waves making it dicey to get into the water

They have a long rubber mat you can scoot on to help. The snorkle is pretty bad overall a waste of time. Really a joke to be honest.

We did it by boat to avoid the rocky entry which made it more enjoyable ... but it's not something we'd care to do again. ;)

LuLu