Is it worth 960.00 more to move from ocean view to Boardwalk balcony on Allure

We are booked on the Allure for Christmas, 2012. Right now we are on the third floor in a ocean view room. Two rooms. It sounds like the Boardwalk Balcony rooms are really cool. We could move to 10725 and 10727 for 960.00 more. It is the second and third room from the back of the ship on deck 10. Is it worth it? Are they that much better and how well can you see the aqua show from those balcony's? Thank you so much for your advise!

I don't think it's worth $960 to have a boardwalk balcony. When I was on the Allure, I hardly ever saw people on those balconies.

There's so much to do on the ship. The little time you spend on the balcony isn't worth that much more money. IMO

If you can't get a seat for the aqua shows, you can use the public aft balconies. We watched from deck 7 from rock wall area and it was a great view. I would use the money for specialty restaurants instead.

Boardwalk Balconies are my favorite on the Oasis/Allure but not $960 worth. For $960 we can buy a cruise for 2 on the Liberty, or two cruises for two on the Majesty. Nope, just not worth it.

Maybe you'll be lucky like us, we got upgraded from an inside to a cp balcony (Allure) and a boardwalk balcony (Oasis)

Boardwalk Balconies are my favorite on the Oasis/Allure but not $960 worth. For $960 we can buy a cruise for 2 on the Liberty, or two cruises for two on the Majesty. Nope, just not worth it.

Maybe you'll be lucky like us, we got upgraded from an inside to a cp balcony (Allure) and a boardwalk balcony (Oasis)

Wow two upgrades, never been able to get one!

Thank you for your help. It is a total of 960.00 for both cabins, a total of six people. We did not get a upgrade, I am just thinking about changing my rooms, and that is how much more it would cost. Where is the best spot for the Boardwalk balcony's?

I haven't been fortunate enough to sail on the Oasis or Allure yet. However, there's nothing more rewarding or relaxing than the view of the open sea from my balcony. Just my opinion.:) Enjoy the Allure!

For six people and two cabins for a holiday cruise, $960 sounds like a pretty decent deal...about $21 per person per day. You will get fresh air when you want it. A view of the aqua shows. People watching. A place to sit while others are napping, dressing, etc in the room. If it is in budget, I'd probably do it. then watch for price drops before final payment; never know, it might happen. Mind you, I would not pay that if it were for one cabin for two.

PS. I like deck 11 or 12 better than 10, because those decks have aft under-utilized public decks...if similar cabins are available on those decks, I might select them.

Here is the view from 10329 the balcony at the very end. Your view would be almost exactly the same but on the other side of the ship. Our friends had 10327 and LOVED it!

IMG_3280.jpg

You have a wonderful view out the back of the ship, and a perfect view of the Aqua Theatre. We had no issues with noise at all. The only problem with these rooms is that it is a loooooooooooooong way down the hall if you forget something in your cabin!

Wow, thanks for the picture, that really helps being able to see it. Thank you to everyone else for the great advise. I really appreciate it. Cruise Critic is so helpful!

......and your final decision is......................

You can't just leave us hanging!! ;) :)

I was in the last cabin 10729 on the Oasis. I didn't like it- it felt like everyone could watch you on your Balcony. not private at all! Also I have a fear of heights and I was scared on my Boardwalk Balcony - I felt like it was just hanging on the wall of the Boardwalk, its size is like a half circle and was small for a Balcony.

I never went out on it and I love Balconies. Never again, I will have a ocean view Balcony if we cruise on the Oasis Class ships next time. Not worth almost a thousand dollars for that upgrade!

I have sailed Allure but not in a balcony. We have a 4 yr old and spent alot of time on the Boardwalk. In my opinion, there is no privacy. Everyone can look up and watch you from your balcony. I agree with the other posters, stick to your Ocean View. Besides, will you really want to deal with the noise of the Boardwalk on a regular basis. On Allure you miss seeing the Ocean. Even though you still have a view of it, I would opt for more privacy. Good luck!

I have sailed Allure but not in a balcony. We have a 4 yr old and spent alot of time on the Boardwalk. In my opinion, there is no privacy. Everyone can look up and watch you from your balcony. I agree with the other posters, stick to your Ocean View. Besides, will you really want to deal with the noise of the Boardwalk on a regular basis. On Allure you miss seeing the Ocean. Even though you still have a view of it, I would opt for more privacy. Good luck!
Absolutely and totally agree.:eek:

I would not make the move. If I am going to pay for a balcony I want it facing out to sea. There is so much to do on Oasis that I would not get enough use out of an inward facing balcony to make it worth the extra cost. Being on one of those boardwalk balconies would remind me of being in a condo complex with zero privacy.

My two cents again. To all the naysayers regarding loss of privacy on inside balconies. I enjoy every aspect of MY cruise and have no interest in what others are doing on their balconies and never felt that ANYONE was looking at what we were doing on our balconies. I do advise you close the drapes at night when your stateroom light is on - especially changing. And I guess seeing the ocean doesn't matter to me that much since I live in Fort Lauderdale and my other three or four cruises a year I have ocean balconies.

I also understand we weren't the only lucky ones to get upgraded on the Oasis Class, it happens pretty often to those booked in inside cabins since there aren't that many inside. If they need cabins for extra Royal personnel (one time they needed multiple cabins for a crew of engineers who were working a project - that got us upgraded) and sometimes they need extra cabins for groups they gave free cruises to. Then they'll upgrade some of their loyals from inside cabins.

We are booked on the Allure for Christmas, 2012. Right now we are on the third floor in a ocean view room. Two rooms. It sounds like the Boardwalk Balcony rooms are really cool. We could move to 10725 and 10727 for 960.00 more. It is the second and third room from the back of the ship on deck 10. Is it worth it? Are they that much better and how well can you see the aqua show from those balcony's? Thank you so much for your advise!

Put the question to you another way:

if they offered to upgrade you for free from your Oceanview to an inside balcony, would you take it?

I personally think the food chain goes (worst->better)

inside

inside balcony

oceanview

oceanview balcony

...so I would thus consider oceanview->inside balcony to be a downgrade... but that is me.

Put the question to you another way:

if they offered to upgrade you for free from your Oceanview to an inside balcony, would you take it?

I personally think the food chain goes (worst->better)

inside

inside balcony

oceanview

oceanview balcony

...so I would thus consider oceanview->inside balcony to be a downgrade... but that is me.

I think that RCI might think that way also. For your preferences one of the options that they give you is to not accept an "upgrade" from an ocean view cabin to an interior balcony category.

We went on Allure in January '11 and had an oceanview balcony midship on about the 10th floor. Loved it.

Went on Allure November '11 and had 3 balcony cabins on the Boardwalk, the last three cabins, 11729, 727 and 725. Loved it!

Booked our cruise for February '13. Snagged up cabin 11729 AGAIN. LOVE THIS LOCATION.

You get a view of the ocean and see all of what is going on on the Boardwalk. We could sit and watch the performers practice at the AquaTheater.....which was amazing! I never got the sense people were staring at us while on our balcony.

To each his own, but I loved this location and walking out of the cabin door and walking 5 feet or so to a huge public balcony where I could sit in private and see nothing but water!

Archived