How to Set Up a Cruise Critic "Meet & Mingle" (or, Meet & Greet) on your NCL Cruise

LauraS

• Administrators

How to Set up a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on your NCL Cruise

The information below has been compiled from the NCL Forum, and is based upon individual experiences by members. It should be made VERY clear that there is no official sponsorship of Meet & Mingle Parties on board Norwegian Cruise Line ships. We appreciate the generosity of NCL in setting up these gatherings as they recognize the loyalty of Cruise Critic members. However, it should not be expected that each ship will offer the same amenities, or anything at all. Remember, too, that “paid” groups on board may take precedence over non-paid groups, and there are often many groups on board vying for the same space.

All of the above said, let’s get started with the party planning!

1) Before contacting anyone at NCL, your first step should be to poll everyone on your ROLL CALL to see if they are interested in attending a Meet & Mingle on your cruise. It would be helpful to consider your daily itinerary, and obtain a general consensus as to when our fellow cruisers would be most likely to attend. More than likely someone has been keeping a general “who’s sailing” list on the ROLL CALL throughout its duration. Keeping this listing fresh encourages others to continue to participate and to join in on the fun! Please make sure your efforts are coordinated so that only ONE person from each sailing is contacting the cruise line. Common senses says, if multiple people contact NCL over and over for the same sailing, at some point they'll just turn their hands up and say "enough"! Please only one person should be the contact -- and don't fight over who it should be please. I'll be happy to mediate if necessary; don't let it get to that point!

2) Once you have determined that there is enough interest, you should contact the NCL Group Events Coordinator for your ship about 2 to 3 weeks before your sailing. The email address is:  SpecialeventsSHIPNAME@ncl.com.

Simply replace SHIPNAME with your ship (Dawn, Gem, Jewel, etc).

For Pride of America, use this email address: groupeventamerica@ncl.com.

Include the Sail Date in the subject line of your email. Request your Meet & Mingle, supply them with an estimated number of attendees and include your booking reservation ID number.

The Group Events Coordinator will then contact the ship for space approval and get back to you with the date/time/location of your Meet & Mingle, usually within two weeks.

Effective January 2024, there is a webform which you may need to use instead:  https://nclh.my.salesforce-sites.com/SpecialEventRequestWebForm

Tips on Having a Successful Meet & Mingle on Your Cruise

Tip from LauraS: If you RSVP that you are going to the Meet & Mingle, PLEASE GO! If the cruise line takes the time to set up a special gathering for Cruise Critic members, we should definitely do our best to attend.

Tip from LauraS: When you attend the gathering, DO NOT SIT DOWN. This is often the kiss of death at these events. Although there are usually NCL Officers at event, the entertainment really is….you! Remember that your main purpose is to meet your fellow Cruise Critic members. Get up, and MINGLE!

Tip from Member Terrymtex01: “To be honest. to me it is the people who attend that make it or break it. Having stuff to do at one is nice, for sure, but I enjoy getting to know all the people there. It is such a treat to see them all during the cruise here and there. We organized the one on our Pearl sailing last Oct and enjoyed doing that very much. For the one we organized, it was just sitting around getting to know each other after the officers came, introduced themselves and then left. Can't say how others felt, but I will remember those folks for a long long time and hope to see them again on other cruises. ….I bring name tags with our Member Names and real names (if known) for all to wear, and we had a great time just talking and getting to know each other. It set a nice tone for the whole cruise."

Tip from Member Noreddye: “We had a gift exchange to "break the ice". The gifts had to be something that represents your state and no more than $10.00. For example, I am from Kentucky and we are known for bourbon (yes, also horses) so I brought bourbon balls."

Tip from Member Auntie Barb: “Mingle, mingle, mingle!" 😄

Tip from Cecilia, Asst. Community Manager: "Plan ahead for activites, such as a slot pull & cabin crawl."

Tip from CruisinBill3: Put a person's name on adhesive name tag and place on BACK of every person. Have everyone look for their name on someone's back and introduce them self. * Put name of everyone attending on a small card and put the cards in a pile. Have people come by and pick up a card and look for that person and introduce them self * $10 gift exchange. Number each gift and place on a gift table. Put numbers on a card from 1- total number and have each person select their gift from the number on their card.

Many thanks to members Noreddye, Terrymtext01, AuntieBarb and our Assistant Community Manager, Cecilia for their contributions to the above information. If you have any information to add to the above, please drop me a note at community@cruisecritic.com. Corrections/comments are welcome as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• CC Help Michell changed the title to How to Set Up a Cruise Critic "Meet & Mingle" (or, Meet & Greet) on your NCL Cruise