Nuremberg hotel

tennis7

Hi -

We have booked the Agneshof for 2 nights in September.

Seems to have reasonable reviews, prices not out of this world - and very close to the centre of town.

I can post our experiences when we return - if you are willing to wait.

Fran

p.s. Ingo_e ... unless you tell me this is a horrible choice :eek:, and I will cancel and book elsewhere!!!

Btw, here is the link to some hotels: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28528375&postcount=11

Franski: The Agneshof is in the very center, about half the way between market square and the Albrecht Dürer House. Have not heard anything bad about it, but can't really save... IF we need hotels, the main criteria - accessible by bus - is not given here. And as I live in the city, I don't need a hotel myself :)

Write me an email earlier, will you? :)

I like Le Meridien as we travel by train and it is convenient and a nice hotel. I am also influenced by my Starwood points when I choose hotels.:)

There is also a cute, smaller hotel we discovered two years ago, Steichele, that has a great restaurant as well.

On two successive Christmas cruises originating in Nuremberg we stayed in the Sheraton 2 blocks from the Train Station. A 4 star property, we liked it a great deal. Customer service was particularly good and it was convenient to our needs. Even in winter is was a Very easy walk from the train station. (Starwood points work here too)

We (3 couples) stayed at the Agneshof Hotel for 2 nights in late June last year. The hotel is very central in the old town,easy walk to town square where the markets are held, up to the castle and restaurants/cafes. The hotel allowed us to park our 9 seater van in the front forecourt(for a reasonable cost). Breakfast was good, rooms good, staff very helpful. Would stay there again.:)

We (3 couples) stayed at the Agneshof Hotel for 2 nights in late June last year. The hotel is very central in the old town,easy walk to town square where the markets are held, up to the castle and restaurants/cafes. The hotel allowed us to park our 9 seater van in the front forecourt(for a reasonable cost). Breakfast was good, rooms good, staff very helpful. Would stay there again.:)

Great to know...

Booked primarily for location - and this seemed very central and walkable to what we want to see.

I will post a review after we get back (extending for 2 days after our cruise in September....)

Fran

Btw, here is the link to some hotels: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28528375&postcount=11

Franski: The Agneshof is in the very center, about half the way between market square and the Albrecht Dürer House. Have not heard anything bad about it, but can't really save... IF we need hotels, the main criteria - accessible by bus - is not given here. And as I live in the city, I don't need a hotel myself :)

Write me an email earlier, will you? :)

Great list - and the Agneshof is on it.

Central was my first criteria, and the reviews seemed reasonable.

Thanks.

Fran

Thanks for the input! Our Dec. cruise departs from Nuremberg and I wanted to arrive a few days early (winter + travel= angst on my part.) I was there last May but went directly from the airport to the River Princess.

Archived