23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Hi all,

Please find the LOSE 2 CRUISE here from now on. I will post some results from time to time on the rollcall.

CC Name.......Loss (this week)....Total loss (since 1 June 2013)

MicCanberra..........................1.5kg........ ........................1.9Kg(4.2lbs);

RosieCanberra......................1.6kg.......... ......................1.8kgs(4.0lbs);

Chefcaw...............................1.5lbs........ ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................3lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Spinnychick..........................1.5lbs....... .. ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Bagelme...............................3lbs........ ............................6lbs (2.7kgs);

Betzjohn..............................5lbs........ ...........................2lbs (0.7kgs);

WV4891...............................0.5lbs......... ..........................-0.5lbs (-0.2kgs);

Marsda.................................1lbs....... ............................2.6lbs (1.2kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Scrappytraveller....................0lbs.......... .........................0lbs (0kgs);

NZbelle................................0kg....... .............................0kgs (0lbs);

JWooooo..............................0lbs......... ...........................0lbs (0kgs);

Good luck everyone

cheers mic :D

Edited by MicCanberra

I am all for the interactions and encouragements among people trying to improve themselves in any way. I also can appreciate why people feel the need to lay out their entire lives, including personal information regarding their toilet (in the original French sense of the word). Moreover, the September 23 Solstice cruise thread is one of the largest on CC ... due to such interactions among its posters.

Now, when new people join the thread as departure approaches, the bulk of such personal information might easily deter the new visitor from reading through the entire thread and glean much information that had been posted earlier and is still very pertinent. The use of this new thread for L2C will encourage new people to review the history of the thread without the statistics of individual weight loss.

I encourage everyone to use this thread for such personal history and comment and leave the original thread to those who are merely looking for information about the cruise, etc. or arrange meet-ups on board or within organized day trips.

Again, I appreciate the move, although I will undoubtedly be the brunt of more snide remarks from others who do not see the wisdom of the separation or have no real sense of decorum. 'Twas ever thus!

Harry

I am all for the interactions and encouragements among people trying to improve themselves in any way. I also can appreciate why people feel the need to lay out their entire lives, including personal information regarding their toilet (in the original French sense of the word). Moreover, the September 23 Solstice cruise thread is one of the largest on CC ... due to such interactions among its posters.

Now, when new people join the thread as departure approaches, the bulk of such personal information might easily deter the new visitor from reading through the entire thread and glean much information that had been posted earlier and is still very pertinent. The use of this new thread for L2C will encourage new people to review the history of the thread without the statistics of individual weight loss.

I encourage everyone to use this thread for such personal history and comment and leave the original thread to those who are merely looking for information about the cruise, etc. or arrange meet-ups on board or within organized day trips.

Again, I appreciate the move, although I will undoubtedly be the brunt of more snide remarks from others who do not see the wisdom of the separation or have no real sense of decorum. 'Twas ever thus!

Harry

No side comments from me, Harry. I think you are out of line

Chris

Thanks Mic for taking the extra time to do this...above and beyond, I'd say. Can't wait to meet you, as you surely seem to be the dapper gentleman. :D I'll continue to enjoy both threads going forward.

Pat

Harry

You know, Harry, THIS thread is about L2C, and I find your lack of decorum of posting your opinion about this move somewhat offensive. But, I will say, it's a great motivator for me to scurry off to the gym this morning and punch out some of my frustrations. Thanks.

As I mentioned earlier and after much consideration, I will post the updated list for the benefit of the other people and so they can see how magnificent we are all doing with our fitness regimes. We can use this thread for collating all the losses (and the subsequent L2C chit chat) and then when complete, say the Tuesday arvo of each week, I will publish the list on the rollcall so it is only the one post there.

cheers mic:D

As I mentioned earlier and after much consideration, I will post the updated list for the benefit of the other people and so they can see how magnificent we are all doing with our fitness regimes. We can use this thread for collating all the losses (and the subsequent L2C chit chat) and then when complete, say the Tuesday arvo of each week, I will publish the list on the rollcall so it is only the one post there.

Excellent plan, Mic! I appreciate your extra efforts, thanks!

Excellent plan, Mic! I appreciate your extra efforts, thanks!

No problems, I will just need everyone to report on Monday (only if they want to) where ever they live and by the Tuesday or Wednesday, I can post the list both here and on the rollcall.:D

No problems, I will just need everyone to report on Monday (only if they want to) where ever they live and by the Tuesday or Wednesday, I can post the list both here and on the rollcall.:D

Thanks Mic. You are a great diplomat. And are to be applauded for taking on even more tasks. Can't wait to meet you - and your new skinny self!

well now that we don't have to worry about the posting police, anybody want to share what they're doing to try to slim down?

At the moment, I'm just trying to be good but I'm not dieting. Basically I eat my normal 3 meals but if I need to snack during the day I eat fruit with yogurt or a small piece of cheese. My exercise is walking the dog (about 45 min/day at a good clip). I'm not a gym girl - I'm kind of allergic to real excercise. :cool:

Anyway, it's off to a slow start for me, but I'm not aiming to lose a lot. I'd be really happy with 8-10lbs. I just want to feel good in my clothes, not have things be too tight all the time. If I don't see slow and steady progress by mid July I may have to take it up a notch and use the Weight Watchers system again.

oh and Mic, I think you should take my name off the list because I don't think I'll give a number every week. I'm not making excuses, I swear, bur my scale really is giving crazy results. :o

I don't trust the number. In my first 2 weeks it's swung almost 3 lbs up and down, makes no sense for what I'm doing.

well now that we don't have to worry about the posting police, anybody want to share what they're doing to try to slim down?

At the moment, I'm just trying to be good but I'm not dieting. Basically I eat my normal 3 meals but if I need to snack during the day I eat fruit with yogurt or a small piece of cheese. My exercise is walking the dog (about 45 min/day at a good clip). I'm not a gym girl - I'm kind of allergic to real excercise. :cool:

Anyway, it's off to a slow start for me, but I'm not aiming to lose a lot. I'd be really happy with 8-10lbs. I just want to feel good in my clothes, not have things be too tight all the time. If I don't see slow and steady progress by mid July I may have to take it up a notch and use the Weight Watchers system again.

I joined Weight Watchers online program on April 3....couldn't wait for the official L2C start date. It's been a very slow process of weight loss, but my glucose readings (I'm type 2 diabetic) have dropped to normal for the first time in 3 years. But I consider exercise essential for getting healthy and losing weight, so I've committed to walking 3 miles on M,W,F and weight workout on T, Thurs and Sat. It's hot and humid here in central Texas, so I really dislike walking outside. Consequently, I use the treadmill at the gym. Actually it's in the cardio theater, so I watch a movie when I walk. It makes the time go by really fast! So far I'm happy with this positive change of healthy eating and exercise. Even though it's slow, I am VERY happy that I am down 14 lbs since Apr 3.

Marsha

oh and Mic, I think you should take my name off the list because I don't think I'll give a number every week. I'm not making excuses, I swear, bur my scale really is giving crazy results. :o

I don't trust the number. In my first 2 weeks it's swung almost 3 lbs up and down, makes no sense for what I'm doing.

No problems, I can take you off. There is no pressure here except for what you put on yourself, you can just post in from time to time if you want.:D

I joined Weight Watchers online program on April 3....couldn't wait for the official L2C start date. It's been a very slow process of weight loss, but my glucose readings (I'm type 2 diabetic) have dropped to normal for the first time in 3 years. But I consider exercise essential for getting healthy and losing weight, so I've committed to walking 3 miles on M,W,F and weight workout on T, Thurs and Sat. It's hot and humid here in central Texas, so I really dislike walking outside. Consequently, I use the treadmill at the gym. Actually it's in the cardio theater, so I watch a movie when I walk. It makes the time go by really fast! So far I'm happy with this positive change of healthy eating and exercise. Even though it's slow, I am VERY happy that I am down 14 lbs since Apr 3.

Marsha

Good work with the weight loss. :D

My weight loss plan is to

• Cut down on alcohol, through the week, I do not drink, which leaves Saturdays only.
  • Cut down on starchy type foods like bread, potatoes, pasta and rice. I still eat them in smaller portions but have more vegies and salads to compliment the meal.
  • Snack on fruit& nuts, instead of biscuits.
  • Move more, I increase my exercise by walking more and occasionally fitting in an extra game of indoor soccer. This is the most important part of my weight loss regime.:D

This is not really dieting but tweaking what I do normally anyway, and I try bring Rosie along on the tweaks.

My weight loss plan is to

• Cut down on alcohol, through the week, I do not drink, which leaves Saturdays only.
  • Cut down on starchy type foods like bread, potatoes, pasta and rice. I still eat them in smaller portions but have more vegies and salads to compliment the meal.
  • Snack on fruit& nuts, instead of biscuits.
  • Move more, I increase my exercise by walking more and occasionally fitting in an extra game of indoor soccer. This is the most important part of my weight loss regime.:D

This is not really dieting but tweaking what I do normally anyway, and I try bring Rosie along on the tweaks.

I think cutting down on alcohol is very effective. I never thought that one or two glasses of wine a night was excessive, although my doctor has been telling me that it was for years. I really just thought he was telling me that because of the church he goes to (they frown on drinking). But this time I went completely off my beloved end of the day wine glass for the first 30 days and now only have one glass of wine for the week. I believe it has made a difference after all. However, the 2 weeks for this upcoming cruise vacation will have me relaxing daily with different varieties of wine and food pairings. Then back on the wagon post cruise.

I think cutting down on alcohol is very effective. I never thought that one or two glasses of wine a night was excessive, although my doctor has been telling me that it was for years. I really just thought he was telling me that because of the church he goes to (they frown on drinking). But this time I went completely off my beloved end of the day wine glass for the first 30 days and now only have one glass of wine for the week. I believe it has made a difference after all. However, the 2 weeks for this upcoming cruise vacation will have me relaxing daily with different varieties of wine and food pairings. Then back on the wagon post cruise.

Having one or two glasses of wine , every other night is not that bad for you, in fact, red wine can be beneficial in moderation of course. The problem is that Alcohol changes the way the body processes food, so losing weight is much harder with alcohol in the system.

As a wise doctor once said, the country is full of people eating diet meals while sitting on the couch watching weight loss shows. It shouldn't matter what you eat (or drink) if you exercise and burn those calories.:D

OK, so I'm now starting to take this a little more serious. I won't give up my pizza and wine on Friday nites and I am not changing my eating habits. Kicking the exercise up a bunch, with the good old treadmill.

Down 3.5 pounds this week.. I take it today is the day to report, as it is Monday in Oz, right Mic???

Well, you folks are going to think that I am fibbing or something fishy is going on. Maybe I have a somewhat unique situation.

This week I lost another 4.5 lbs. A lot of this was due to some illness I was suffering from the last half of the week. I had some flu type symptoms but no naseua really. I was tired, cold :confused: (although everyone else was enjoying the warm weather!) and had NO appetite. Yesterday was the first day that I felt "normal" again.

I do believe that most of the total loss is due to the fact that all this lost weight was all gained in April and May, after I became so inactive. Being back to work at least PT has helped a lot. The weight I'm now at again has been a big plateau for a long time, so going forward if I can lose even 5-10 more lbs before the cruise I will be very happy. I am doing low carb, which seems to be the only thing that truely works for me. I do not do the strict Adkins, which I did do many years ago with a lot of success, but now limit my fats a little and add in low-carb fruits.

Sorry, for the ramble! I just figured somebody would be wondering how in the world I honestly lost over 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I hope everyone is doing fine and accomplishing what they want to achieve!

Pat :)

OK, so I'm now starting to take this a little more serious. I won't give up my pizza and wine on Friday nites and I am not changing my eating habits. Kicking the exercise up a bunch, with the good old treadmill.

Down 3.5 pounds this week.. I take it today is the day to report, as it is Monday in Oz, right Mic???

Well done Bill :D

Yes that is correct, but Monday your time is fine as well. Whatever suits you best for weighing in. I find Monday morning, i.e. the same time of day, every week, best for loss/gain comparisons. :D

Edited by MicCanberra

Well, you folks are going to think that I am fibbing or something fishy is going on. Maybe I have a somewhat unique situation.

This week I lost another 4.5 lbs. A lot of this was due to some illness I was suffering from the last half of the week. I had some flu type symptoms but no naseua really. I was tired, cold :confused: (although everyone else was enjoying the warm weather!) and had NO appetite. Yesterday was the first day that I felt "normal" again.

I do believe that most of the total loss is due to the fact that all this lost weight was all gained in April and May, after I became so inactive. Being back to work at least PT has helped a lot. The weight I'm now at again has been a big plateau for a long time, so going forward if I can lose even 5-10 more lbs before the cruise I will be very happy. I am doing low carb, which seems to be the only thing that truely works for me. I do not do the strict Adkins, which I did do many years ago with a lot of success, but now limit my fats a little and add in low-carb fruits.

Sorry, for the ramble! I just figured somebody would be wondering how in the world I honestly lost over 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I hope everyone is doing fine and accomplishing what they want to achieve!

Pat :)

Well done Pat, keep it up and you will feel better for it. :D