Terrible recent cruise on MSC Opera

luv2cruise304

:mad: On 1/7/07 - 1/14/07 I went on a 20th Birthday Cruise sponsored by QVC on the MSC Opera. On embarkation, the entire group of passengers took 4 hours to board and were given no drink or food to sustain them. When I did board with my sister, at approx. 5:00 pm, we went to our cabin, which was not totally ready for guests. We then went up to the buffet thinking it would be a sumptious array of food, after all people were still boarding until after 7:00 that night, and all that was there were scraps of salad, dried out rice and fish and chicken. Basically this was what was to be the entire cruise. The food was awful, either dried out or cold, no variety what so ever. Everyday it was the same, salty pasta, you couldn't even have a sandwich and they stopped serving iced tea after 2:00 pm. There was not a scrap of food except for pizza between 2:00 and 4:15, and at 4:15 they put out a tray or 2 of cookies and dried out slices of cake. None of the crew spoke english and it was extremely hard to communicate with them. The ship was not geared for anyone who was handicapped. When we tendered at ports, people in wheelchairs had to remain on board as there was no way to get them ashore. This was the cruise from HELL!!!!! I paid alot of money for the cruise and there were people on board who paid $99 - $285 as the ship was not sold out.

I am looking for other passengers who were aboard this ship for the same sailing. I have written to QVC and have not heard back from them. I am eager to know what other people thought. We did have a meeting on board the ship on Saturday, 1/13/07, but it was only by word of mouth. I know there are other people who feel the same way about this ship as I did. Looking forward to hearing from you. As far as I am concerned, MSC cruises do not know how the American cruiser dines nor do they know how to treat us.

LUV2cruise304

I wasn't on your cruise but we followed you. As to your comments, all I can say is Amen!!! For the first time ever I completed a review which can be found on this site.

I completed a nine page "comments" section and I do not expect to hear from MSC. It was the good with the bad. My group refuses to allow anything make a cruise a "bad" cruise but they certainly tested us this time. The 8 of us had a good time despite the issues.

Pat

Sorry you did not have a bad cruise..Have read several recent very good reviews on this ship. we are going on 3/10 and can't wait. I sailed msc 3 yrs ago on a tired old ship and they were great. I love that they don't hound you,i love that they don't spend their time running around trying to

brown nose you and i for one thought their food was very good. Needless to say I can't wait to get on a brand new ship that even the bad reviews agree is gorgeous. And as for the showers in the cabin,i discovered years ago thats what the nice comfortable showeres in the spa were for..Anyway sorry you had a bad time,i'll try to make up for it for you:cool:

and as for your pricing problem I don't care what cruise you go on their are people that pay all levels of pricing.This should be a lesson to always shop around before you buy.I personally have a great deal on a single rate for my 11 night cruise but it will not ruin my trip to find out others paid less, i would just want to know their secrets so i can go on more cruises

Don't believe what people tell you they paid.. LOL... I cannot abide those who constantly go on and on about what they paid blah blah, on any cruise... they cannot resist telling. Amazingly I have always paid a few hundred $ less than they did, and perhaps I'm in a better cabin.. what a laugh to see their faces;) I probably spoiled their whole holiday & they then went away and wrote a bad review hoping for some money back.

:mad: On 1/7/07 - 1/14/07 I went on a 20th Birthday Cruise sponsored by QVC on the MSC Opera. On embarkation, the entire group of passengers took 4 hours to board and were given no drink or food to sustain them. When I did board with my sister, at approx. 5:00 pm, we went to our cabin, which was not totally ready for guests. We then went up to the buffet thinking it would be a sumptious array of food, after all people were still boarding until after 7:00 that night, and all that was there were scraps of salad, dried out rice and fish and chicken. Basically this was what was to be the entire cruise. The food was awful, either dried out or cold, no variety what so ever. Everyday it was the same, salty pasta, you couldn't even have a sandwich and they stopped serving iced tea after 2:00 pm. There was not a scrap of food except for pizza between 2:00 and 4:15, and at 4:15 they put out a tray or 2 of cookies and dried out slices of cake. None of the crew spoke english and it was extremely hard to communicate with them. The ship was not geared for anyone who was handicapped. When we tendered at ports, people in wheelchairs had to remain on board as there was no way to get them ashore. This was the cruise from HELL!!!!! I paid alot of money for the cruise and there were people on board who paid $99 - $285 as the ship was not sold out.

I am looking for other passengers who were aboard this ship for the same sailing. I have written to QVC and have not heard back from them. I am eager to know what other people thought. We did have a meeting on board the ship on Saturday, 1/13/07, but it was only by word of mouth. I know there are other people who feel the same way about this ship as I did. Looking forward to hearing from you. As far as I am concerned, MSC cruises do not know how the American cruiser dines nor do they know how to treat us.

LUV2cruise304

You need to check out the QVC birthday cruise board!!!! Alot of controversy going on ove there! I felt as a first time cruiser that MSC did a good job, really enjoyed the food, and didn't expect food 24/7 because Italian people don't horde food like us Americans. Just some cultural research. QVC dropped the ball for all of us on this cruise. They haven't stood by their product(the cruise) this time. Hopefully they will satisfy their customer!!

Archived