RCI Speciality Restaurant

sarah85

Hi

We're getting married on Indy on 6th May 12 and there'll be 39 of us in total. I asked about booking one of the speciality restaurants and was eventually quoted $3500 - however even after paying this we could only eat in 3 sittings! as they couldn't accommodate us all at one time!!

We're having a canopy and champagne reception after the wedding and then eating in the normal restaurant on the late sitting

:)

Hi

We're getting married on Indy on 6th May 12 and there'll be 39 of us in total. I asked about booking one of the speciality restaurants and was eventually quoted $3500 - however even after paying this we could only eat in 3 sittings! as they couldn't accommodate us all at one time!!

We're having a canopy and champagne reception after the wedding and then eating in the normal restaurant on the late sitting

:)

Lets us know how everything goes! We're marrying on Indy next year.

I didn't know renting a speciality restaurant was an option, is that just before voyage or mid voyage

Lets us know how everything goes! We're marrying on Indy next year.

I didn't know renting a speciality restaurant was an option, is that just before voyage or mid voyage

I asked the Royal romance coordinators to book it on my behalf and was told they couldnt book the restaurant as the wedding reception - this was before they dropped the wedding experience though! However I do know I can book it myself nearer the time before the cruise starts.

Apparently they only allow you to reserve small groups or so they told us when we tried to book it.

Our only option (other than the $3500) was to get everyone to book individually or in small groups and keep our fingers crossed we all got the same time. We decided against this and are sticking to main restaurant for dinner. We're in cloud nine for our champagne canapé reception.

We're getting married on the second day of the cruise but it is only a 4 night cruise so the speciality restaurants are always busy. Maybe on a longer cruise it wouldn't be as much of an issue

Jo x

From my understanding the TA can book the restaurants for large groups. The price will depend on the cruise ship/length of cruise. Also depends if you want to have a private party or allow others. If you want a private party they will make you pay for the empty tables.

We have rented out Chops Grille for our upcoming wedding. It was a hassle but we finally got it reserved. We originally tried to go through Royal Romance, they said it was good to go. A few weeks went by I called back asking for a invoice, then they advised me I needed to contact my TA to make the request. My TA had to contact the events coordinator for the ship to have it reserved. It took over a week to confirm availability and make payment.

Archived