Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Family Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Family Cruises Cruising with kids? Best Family Cruise Advice
Cruise Critic's Family Cruising Resources
Traveling with kids? Best Family Travel Advice
Family Vacation Critic's Family Travel Site

Old August 6th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default What to do in Nassau with 18mo?

Hey everyone, we're going to Nassau and HMC next month and we'll have our 18mo with us. Wondering what to do since we'll have a beach day in HMC, I don't particularly want to do a beach day in Nassau also.
Suggestions?

I know we can do the shopping and stay around the boat, or even take a cab over to Atlantis.....do I need a car seat in Nassau? Not sure if it's "illegal" or not like it is in the states, to not have car seat.....I know I may sound crazy, but I don't mind him sitting in my lap for the ride over.

I am thinking Atlantis would be good so he can run around, and see the sculptures and stuff there, and the aquarium.

If anyone can tell me what they did/plan on doing while in Nassau with their little one's I'd greatly appreciate it.

TIA!

Past:
Jan 2005 – Carnival Fantasy – Family Cruise – PC to Nassau
March 2005 – Princess Star Princess – Honeymoon – FL to San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, Princess Cays
Feb 2006 – Carnival Miracle – 1yr Anniversary – Tampa to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya
Jan 2007 – Carnival Elation – Cruise with A&W – PC to Nassau, HMC, Grand Turk
Jan 2008 – RCCL Sovereign OTS – 2nd Cruise with A&W – PC to Cococay, Nassau
Jan 2009 – Carnival Sensation – Family Cruise – PC to Nassau
Feb 2009 – Carnival Victory – SJ to St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts
April 2010 – RCCL Monarch OTS – with Jessie – PC to Nassau, Cococay
Sept 2010 – RCCL Monarch OTS – w/Dad and Maria – PC to Nassau, Cococay
March 2011 – Carnival Freedom – 1st long cruise after Kim’s surgery – FL to San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau
Sept 2011 – RCCL Monarch OTS – w/Dad and Maria – PC to Nassau, Cococay
Oct 2012 – Carnival Ecstasy – 1st cruise after Ethan – w/Dad and Maria – PC to Nassau, HMC
March 2013 – Carnival Freedom – w/o Ethan - FL to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Key West
Sept 2013 – Carnival Ecstasy – w/Ethan, Dad and Maria – PC to Nassau, HMC
Nov 2013 – Carnival Sensation – Thanksgiving cruise w/o Ethan– PC to Nassau
Jan. 2014 – Carnival Sensation – Family Cruise – PC to Nassau
March 2014 – Carnival Legend – w/Ethan, Niles and Maria – Tampa to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan
Oct 2014 – Carnival Freedom – w/ Ethan - FL to Grand Turk, Nassau, Half Moon Cay

Old August 6th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Check out the zoo, it is not what you would find in the states but a great place to spend a few hours. I believe it is Astrada but not positive. It does require a taxi or bus ride, but it is not far. Also it is just up the hill from the fish fry and beach if you want to stop there on your way back. My kids are much older but enjoyed the day. They have flamingos that walk around and do a show. Again, not big but cute.
Anthem of the Seas - 3 day - 3/16

Previous (75 nights and counting)-
RC Vision of the Seas - Western - 8/14 ** RC Allure of the Seas - Western - 6/13 ** RC Allure of the Seas - Eastern - 6/12 ** RC Navigator of the Seas - Med - 8/11 ** RC Mariner of the Seas - Mexican Riviera 8/09 ** NCL Gem - Cruise to Nowhere - 1/09 ** RC Freedom of the Seas - Eastern - 11/08 ** RC Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda - 6/08 ** RC Mariner of the Seas - Western - 6/07 ** Carnival Glory - Exotic Western - 6/06 ** RC Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas - 11/04 ** Carnival Imagination - Key West/Cozumel - 10/03 ** Carnival Holiday - Western - 5/88

Old August 6th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

No carseat required in a cab in Nassau (its actually not "illegal" to go without a carseat in a cab or public transit in NYC in case you're ever there!), but depending on the size of your toddler you might want to look into a Ride Safer harness. We've used them in cabs for my 2 yr old niece.