Vera Bradley bags

LilD

Another VB fan here, I use them almost exclusively and have never, ever had quality issues on one. They have such a variety of styles and patterns, and I much prefer a bag that weighs so little empty to a leather bag that already weighs 2-3 lb before you even put anything in it.

Guest maddycat
Evidently I am in the minority but I think VB bags are right up there with Crocs!:D:D

Sherri:)

I agree with you. I'm not a fan of their patterns.

I'll join you. Too busy for my taste.

Vera Bradley used to sell an eyeglass case I loved. I bought three and used them for ages and when I wanted to replace them........ gone.

They were for a single pair of glasses and were slim and no bulk to them. All I can find now (including on e-bay) are soft cases that hold two glasses and the hardshell cases that take too much room in my purse.

If anyone knows where I can find the slim case, PLEASE let me know. :) Thanks.

I'll join you. Too busy for my taste.

IMO, yes I find VB handbags to be a bit too busy for everyday use, but I love their travel and toiletry bags! They're lightweight, extremely durable, fun to match with my solid color luggage and easily machine washable. I own two sets to go with the two sets of luggage I have. Use is dependent on type and length of trip. They include a weekender bag, hanging toiletry bag, medium fabric toiletry bag, medium vinyl toiletry bag, small makeup bag and small jewelry holder. Super-functional, fun and cute! I waited until the pattern I liked was on sale and then bought it all in one fell swoop!

KK

There's also a Merle Norman that carries VB in Titusville near the Walmart.

I have tons of VB, and it's never fallen apart. Besides, VB has so many styles that Coach doesn't have an answer for or which would be way too heavy. A Vera Weekender is a nice bag for a carry-on; the same thing in leather would weigh a ton before you even put anything in it. And I can't imagine the scratching it would endure.

I LOVE my weekender! I use it as a carry on for the plane and the trolley sleeve makes it so easy to carry through the airport on top of my suitcase! Love it!

My daughter got Vera Bradley luggage when she went to college(2002). It carried her thru 4 years of college(with MANY trips) and it never failed her. She just replaced it this past Christmas. Hope it lasts as long as the original.

I bought my daughter Vera Bradley luggage in 2001 . It is still going strong !

Vera Bradley used to sell an eyeglass case I loved. I bought three and used them for ages and when I wanted to replace them........ gone.

They were for a single pair of glasses and were slim and no bulk to them. All I can find now (including on e-bay) are soft cases that hold two glasses and the hardshell cases that take too much room in my purse.

If anyone knows where I can find the slim case, PLEASE let me know. :) Thanks.

I have two that have never or barely used, just sits in my drawer. LoL.

• 3 weeks later...

is the Miller.

I have more than a weeks worth.

I use them for work AND travel.

One outer pocket, 6 inner areas to tuck stuff.

Awesome for keeping things neat. For car travel, I use one to keep travel maps/brochures snacks, etc. neat in the car.

THE ONLY bag I have that is way worn is my daughters Miller that she wore the hell out of the handles, but I kept it anyway...to store yarn in. The rest of it is in perfect condition.

I LOVE being able to wash these bags...I took a black quilted one (different style) to Europe twice so the bag didn't look oversize.

Vera should be my middle name. I leave my Coach bags home when I travel. Bernadette

I agree Vera Bradley patterns are way too wild for me.

Also, there are other choices besides Vera OR leather. I don't think either one (as a purse or carry on) would be very good for a traveler. What do you do if you get stuck in the pouring rain while you're out walking around with a fabric purse? Or if your luggage gets soaked?

I love the Kipling (for cross-body bags) and Baggallini (for carry ons) luggage lines. Lightweight, very durable -- and water resistant. (Also, no wild patterns.)

Guest maddycat

I have several LeSportSac bags that I use when I travel. They're extremely lightweight, have multiple zippered compartments and are washable. I have a mid size shoulder bag, a small crossbody bag and a large tote bag.

https://www.lesportsac.com/

Edited by maddycat

I brought a large black quilted Vera for plane travel, used it for both trips, but for touring around Europe, I used a small Pac Safe. I upgraded to a larger, flatter pac safe for the second trip cause the other bulged out too far when I wore it cross-body.If we had a car and driver, I would leave a larger bag with odds and ends in the car...

I've used a back pack in the Caribbean. Been caught in passing showers each time we went to St. Thomas, but passed over quickly.

I have been pretty lucky....only rain I remember being caught in in Europe was in the Grand Bazaar in Turkey- but we waited till it passed....so getting anything wet wasn't a problem..

I'm not an Elite cruiser yet, I've cruised many times, but I have never packed a raincoat or umbrella- so I do not carry leather or super expensive bags...

I do toss a large zip lock in my bag case of rain in case I have some valuables I don't want drenched...like a camera...I also fold a very light weight string back pack in the bottom of my pac-safe- in case of purchases...used that a bunch of times...so small, it didn't weigh me down or take too much room in the small bag.

Bernadette

• 4 weeks later...

Bratdel, My sis got me a VB, l am hooked.....

l love it cos so lite to carry, colors vibrant, they make me happy so for this cruise Dec 14 2014.

l have on order (no outlets) from Amazon the small backpack to carry my kindle, my camera, an binocs...and tissues for rambling around the ship. Can't wait til it comes in on Monday (tomorrow) l am way behind the fads but at ripe old age of 68 l don'have to be :-)

Mary Ann

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I have several LeSportSac bags that I use when I travel. They're extremely lightweight, have multiple zippered compartments and are washable. I have a mid size shoulder bag, a small crossbody bag and a large tote bag.

https://www.lesportsac.com/

Another vote for LeSport Sac bags. I have one set in a black and white with 4 purses and tote bag that I have taken really around the world 3 or 4 times and they are still good looking 20 years later. I like them because if I have set them where I should not (Turkish toilets come to mind) I can easily hand wash or throw in the washing machine and dryer (yeah they have to be tough for me:D). They are excellent for use as a toiletry bag because they can hang from a coat hook by the strap and they have pockets for this and that -- like main compartment toiletries. Side pocket for makeup and small pocket for nail polish. A smaller crossbody purse works well as the bedside tote where flashlight, radio, Kleenex, cough drops and all charging chords go -- easy to pack in the morning as all just replaced in the small purses. Because all the bags are the same pattern -- anything in that pattern signals me that it better move on with me. I travel maybe 90 days a year (retired lucky me) and having these sets of bags make packing up so easy.

Strong/ Lightweight/ Washable! Many styles -you can choose one that fits your needs /Long Lasting and at a medium to economy price. Many colors and "fashion styles" that can go over the years -- never in style and never completely out of style:o but easy to id as yours.

• 2 months later...

I always use my Vera Bradley for my carry on (the weekender) and then I use the hipster purse when traveling too!! The "Vera" makes a great carry on too! I even use it for once we arrive to take on excursions for sunscreen and such. I gifted myself the rolling luggage in Boysenberry a few years ago, but after watching luggage handlers at the airports and at the cruise terminals I only use it when we travel by our car. :) After carrying for awhile, you will notice wear and tear on the handles.

I know this is a little off the Vera bradley subject, but has anyone ever used the LL Bean duffel bags? I am thinking of replacing our daughters hard side that was destroyed on our trip to Hawaii. I was embarrassed to pick it up at baggage claim. It was all pretty and zebra strip when we left, not now :confused: They seem get great reviews on the web site! And the extra large is even on sale right now. I didn't know whether or not to get the "rolling".