Taxi's in PV to Dolphin Adventure?

Love Boat Dream

sorry to post this again, but I didn't want my question lost in the other thread.

Does anyone know the cab fare from the pier in PV to the Dolphin Adventure? On the other thread, someone was kind enough to tell me she paid $25 each way for the cabs right outside the pier. But, at that fare, I might as well book the tour on the ship.

Does PV have cheaper cabs outside the pier? Anyone have any idea what the fare would be to the dolphins?

Thanks

Susan

to the dolphins in nuevo vallarta i was told it is about 10 per person

and then a lil cheaper when you come back..

if you book it online... including the taxi you still save $$$

you figure on line its like 110 per person for 2 220,,taxi 40$ total.. 2 people

on the ship its 185 pp

370 total

you save about 100!!!!!!

check out www.dolphins-adventures.com

sorry to post this again, but I didn't want my question lost in the other thread.

Does anyone know the cab fare from the pier in PV to the Dolphin Adventure? On the other thread, someone was kind enough to tell me she paid $25 each way for the cabs right outside the pier. But, at that fare, I might as well book the tour on the ship.

Does PV have cheaper cabs outside the pier? Anyone have any idea what the fare would be to the dolphins?

Thanks

Susan

The airport and maritime terminal are federal property and are served by white taxis. They charge on a per person basis and are 1.5-2 times more expensive as the city taxis. Exit the port property and walk east toward the main street. Puerto Vallarta is served by nearly a thousand yellow taxis. They work on a fixed rate/zone system and the cost is per taxis with up to four passengers.

Typical fare from the marina (just to the north of the maritime terminal) to the Nuevo Vallarta area (dolphin excursions) should be around 130 pesos (USD$13). Since the port is a little further south, my guess is the cost per yellow taxi will be $14 or $15 USD. The price is per taxi, not per person.

This site has good information concerning PV and its transportation system. http://www.vallartainfo.com/puerto-v...port.html#taxi This site has very good maps too.

Nuevo Vallarta is in a neighboring state (Nayarit) and is served by a different taxi company. They just happen to be painted white in Nayarit but are not the same company that you will find at the port or airport. The rate coming back will be per taxi and should be about the same, maybe a dollar or two higher. We paid 120 pesos, two years ago, from the Grand Velas (Nuevo Vallarta) to the airport.

The official exchange rate tends to hover around 10.5 to 1. For the sake of doing business quickly, 10 to 1 is often used for taxis. If you shop downtown, make sure you negotiate a final price in both pesos and dollars to see what works best for you. Do not expect to get US currency in change and they generally do not accept US coins as payment. The exchange rate for purchases can vary from store-to-store and from day-to-day. I always travel with a wad of dollar bills and fives. Think of each US dollar bill as a 10 peso note when making small purchases or paying taxi fares. I vacation in Mexico annually, for several weeks at a time, so I tend to do all business transactions in pesos and often enjoy discounted prices when paying cash.

Enjoy!

Archived