Is there anything to do right at the port in St. Maarten?

Erin Dreamer

I have some mobility issues so most of the ship's excursions are not good choices for me. If there are shops, craft markets, or restaurants right at the port, we sometimes like to enjoy a little shopping or getting a snack at a restaurant. Can anyone tell me if there are shops or restaurants right at the port? I understand Celebrity docks in the Old San Juan port. Thanks so much!

I have some mobility issues so most of the ship's excursions are not good choices for me. If there are shops, craft markets, or restaurants right at the port, we sometimes like to enjoy a little shopping or getting a snack at a restaurant. Can anyone tell me if there are shops or restaurants right at the port? I understand Celebrity docks in the Old San Juan port. Thanks so much!

Are you interested in St Maarten to San Juan PR?

In St. Maarten you can shop or you can get a taxi or a tour right from the port area.

Chesterfield's at Dock Maarten is about a five minute walk away and its a great place for lunch. It's on the water and is open air and it always makes our list for lunch when we vacation on the island.

Thank you both for the information I appreciate it. A 20-minute walk would be too much for me, but knowing there are shops right at the port is very helpful.

I should try to get information on where the water taxi brings us. And thank you for the restaurant suggestion.

St. Maarten has a trolley you can ride to get you from the ship to the shops at the dock. It can be very windy there(and dangerous if you're no very stable on your feet) and it covers a fair distance if you have problems walking. The water taxi is a good alternative and will get you right at the boardwalk (10 - 20 min. on foot depending on your pace) with some great bars and food options. Price for a return from the cruise terminal to the board walk was around $6 or $7, I don't recall the correct price.

St. Maarten has a trolley you can ride to get you from the ship to the shops at the dock. It can be very windy there(and dangerous if you're no very stable on your feet) and it covers a fair distance if you have problems walking. The water taxi is a good alternative and will get you right at the boardwalk (10 - 20 min. on foot depending on your pace) with some great bars and food options. Price for a return from the cruise terminal to the board walk was around $6 or $7, I don't recall the correct price.

Great information about the trolley! Thank you! Jan

The Cruise Facility has about 12 actual full 'shops' and another 12 vendor 'stands' on the property.

th_DSCN3849.jpg

(click)

There are a number of bars right near the head of the pier as you depart or head back to the ship.

gary

• 8 months later...

Last 2 times I was there, it was right at the point where we disembarked the ship. It drove the distance between the ship and the port. While it is not the longest dock you'll encounter at the Caribbean, it is a windy one, so it's more of a safety net when you're not comfortable walking the strong winds.