Royal Caribbean- Drinks included with card?

mudcatsstan

What drinks are included with the drink card I've read about when cruising with Royal Caribbean, specifically Freedom of the Seas? Planning first cruise for next summer, Western Caribbean, and really lookng forward to it! Is milk always free (17 year old milk monster)? Are soft drinks only fountain or also canned/bottled? What diet soft drinks are included? Iced tea? Hot tea? Any info appreciated.

The drink card is actually a soda card and is good for fountain drinks only, both regular and diet soda. Milk, tea, regular coffee, juice at breakfast and dinner and at the buffet are included in your cruise fare. Canned and bottled soft drinks, regular and diet, are not included in the soda card and are purchased separately. Juices ordered in a lounge or bar are not free.

Milk is included in your cruise fare and is available 24/7 in the Windjammer buffet, the main dining room, and through room service. They also have chocolate milk available. Also included in your cruise fare are coffee, hot tea (several different kinds of tea bags available, including herbal teas - all Lipton brand), iced tea, lemonade, and juice at breakfast.

The soda card is for fountain sodas only. In the fountain they offer Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Club Soda. It costs $6 per person per day plus 15% gratuity (kids 17 and under cost $4 per person per day plus 15% gratuity) and must be purchased the first day of the cruise for the entire cruise.

Canned sodas are not included in the soda card. Cans cost around $2.25 including the 15% gratuity. They have Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite. On some ships people have been able to get ginger ale and diet caffeine free coke in the cans as well.

I appreciate the great information. I understand water is never included, but the others you mentioned are. The milk monster will be pleased. The soda, teas/coffees would be included 24/7 then (not including specialty coffees) if I purchase the soda card on day one?

I appreciate the great information. I understand water is never included, but the others you mentioned are. The milk monster will be pleased. The soda, teas/coffees would be included 24/7 then (not including specialty coffees) if I purchase the soda card on day one?

I think you may have misunderstood what I posted.

Tap water, coffee, and tea are included in your cruise fare. You do NOT have to get the soda card to get those.

The soda card is ONLY for fountain sodas.

• 2 weeks later...

Great post! Thanks. I was thinking of getting a soda card for myself, but if it's $42 + $6.30 (15% gratuity), then I think I'll pass. I just don't see myself drinking almost $50 worth of soda in a week, especially when lemonade and milk are free (and, of course, "tap" water) and juice in the morning!

You will have an ice bucket in your room that the room attendant will fill twice daily. I use a lot of ice coming from the southern USA and have the attendant leave extra ice in a bigger ice bucket. I bring along lemonade packets and make my own in the room.

You can bring a reasonable amount of soda pop aboard with you. I have heard other posters that bring 4 and 5 12 packs without a problem. You can always buy more at your ports of call and bring it aboard. One way to have your soda pop and not buy the soda sticker (soda card is really just a sticker on your seapass) or at the bar. Warning though the refrigerators in the room are not very cold.

Archived