Sushi

We are taking our first cruse on NOS in August. My question is The restaurants that are included are MDR, WJ and Jade- Correct

Jade appears to be a sushi restaurant as well as Izumi? I have seen great reviews on Izumi- Any one tried Jade?

We are taking our first cruse on NOS in August. My question is The restaurants that are included are MDR, WJ and Jade- Correct

Jade appears to be a sushi restaurant as well as Izumi? I have seen great reviews on Izumi- Any one tried Jade?

Jade is just a section of Windjammer that has Asian food items. Our experience has been that sushi was offered at Jade only during the Windjammer evening dinner hours.

I've not been on Navigator since Izumi has been added, so I don't know if sushi is still offered in Windjammer (Jade).

Yep, Jade is just cafeteria oriental.

Ya got go to Izumi for the good stuff and it's worth every penny and quite reasonable to boot. One of our newer faves onboard.:p

2dmccp3.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

There is also the promenade café, but it's not really a restaurant per se. Good place to grab a quick sandwich or pizza, though.

I don't recall seeing any mention of Jade on Navigator at all. No mention in the ship description, either:

"Main Dining Room with complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner

More complimentary options including Windjammer Café, Café Promenade for coffee and pastries/snacks, and room service"

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=NV&br=R

I don't recall seeing any mention of Jade on Navigator at all. No mention in the ship description, either.

Could be they have removed it since they have Izumi now.

Since the OP was asking about sushi, I'll also add if your cruise has the sushi-making course at Izumi, it's a lot of fun to try and you end up with enough food to make a nice snack (when I did I made 1 roll, 1 hand-roll and 2 sushi).

As a sushi lover, windjammer sushi would make anyone averse to ever trying it. It is bland and nasty. I am not a complainer. Izumi is fabulous, as is most of the sushi in Qsine. IMHO.

I agree I wasn't too thrilled with offerings of sushi at Jade in the Windjammer.