Christmas and New Years with NCL

karen327

We are thinking about taking a Cruise over the Christmas holidays in 2015 on the Sun in south america. Can anyone tell me what to expect on a holiday cruise? Will the ship be decorated? Will there be any special food, parties, etc. to celebrate Christmas and new years? Is there problems with excursions being canceled due to the holiday?

we did the sun xmas and new year last year, did the spirit 2011 and the pearl 2010

We had a blast, lots of decorations, parties, ballon drop, outside party with ice sculptures, champagne, carols around the atrium, holiday show etc etc

We love it and are doing Celebrity this year as we did 2012 - have to mix it up a it

We have sailed a couple of holiday weeks. As said above, special dinners, parties, decorations, etc. On one sailing we had sea days for both Christmas and New Year's Day, so no excursions. On another, we had a private cave tubing excursion booked in Belize on Christmas Day with no issues (we tipped our driver and guide extra for having missed the holiday with their families ☺️). The ship seemed to have most if not all of their excursions going as well.

Robin

I've cruised a couple of times the week before Christmas and the ship was indeed decorated. My cruise on the Epic was during Hanukkah and they had a menorah and Hanukkah gelt and dredels and everything.

I would love to book the BA for NYE but the prices are so high.

Anyone think they might go down a little?

NYE is a very popular time to cruise. Therefore, price drops are not usually expected.

Edited by camz

I booked BA for this Christmas back in March - prices dropped slightly for one or two days, so I called and got a slight adjustment, they stayed steady for quite a while, but they have been climbing ever since May 24 weekend or so. I'm happy I booked when I did - I do not really like to plan ahead, but for Christmas, I knew I'd have to. I'm pretty sure at this point, if you are booking for Christmas 2014, things are just going to keep climbing....

We did Epic last xmas and it was nice.

If you have kiddies, they gave out small presents but really early in the morning (guess Santa only comes at 7:30 am) and it is a first come first serve sort of thing...