Best Western Plus San Pedro

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Plus in San Pedro?

We normally stay at either the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza however the Best Western came up on Expedia with good reviews and pricing so I'm considering it.

Any insight/first-hand experience would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Plus in San Pedro?

We normally stay at either the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza however the Best Western came up on Expedia with good reviews and pricing so I'm considering it.

Any insight/first-hand experience would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Not yet were staying there next month just over night, in time to catch the the ship it was the cheapest.

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked it for our cruise next month. All the reviews I read were mostly good. The place looks clean, rooms look fairly large, pool area looks nice. I booked it with air mile points, so the cost was minimal. I have read the area is sketchy, but I think most areas there look a bit sketchy, that is what cabs are for :D

• 1 month later...

Hotel is on a noisy, busy street. Request a quiet room away from main road. However, if seeing the cruise ships in the morning is important, then ask for a Gaffey Street room.

Rooms are clean, somewhat Victorian style, have modern amenities and comfortable beds. Hotel staff is attentive. Breakfast is decent for pre-cruise meal. Shuttle to port is good, book the cruise package.

Surrounding community is working class. Convenience store across street. Taco Bell, Burger King within walking distance.

• 3 weeks later...

We stay here when we sail out of San Pedro. We are able to leave our car parked here for the week. I have walked to the shops nearby the day before our cruise. The hotel serves breakfast in the morning and has a shuttle to the terminal.