3 adults in one cabin ????

Yes you can do it! We travel with 3 adults and prefer cabins with the sofabed option so you may want to see if that is available. One bathroom and 3 ladies may be a challenge,but be sure to check out the showers in the fitness center! Before dinner on our cruises my husband will shower in the stateroom and my daughter and I use the fitness center showers.

We just sailed FOS with three adults (my wife and I and her sister) in an aft junior suite. It was fine but still a little tight. The sofa bed is very short. I can't imagine anyone over 5'6" being comfortable there. On the positive side, there was plenty of storage space and the deep balcony had plenty of room for us. Great trip!

Bill

I would like some opinions. One cabin with myself (mom) and 2 adult daughters. Will that work? I've heard 4 adults is pushing it and really not recommended by seasoned cruisers.

Thanks. We're going on Brilliance next year to New England.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 females and one bathroom.. NOT my idea of a fun time.

Three is definitely do-able but as suggested I would look at a JS for the extra space.

When my kids hit the teen years we started getting two cabins. Now that my oldest is not sailing with us (or sailing her fiance) we have 3. We did a balcony on Allure and it was tight, especially storage wise. We did go with the pullman/sofa bed combo so we would not loose the floor space and my son actually preferred the pullman.

We just did a JS on Vision and having the extra space was worth the few extra $$ to us :D.

DH and I have shared a cabin with our son (during his teens and early 20’s) a couple of times, and it was not a problem because he was rarely in the cabin at the same time as us (other than when we were all sleeping). On our last cruise with him we had a Junior suite, and that little “extra” elbow room did make a big difference.

When my two sisters and I shared a cabin, it was a different story. We tended to stay together most of the time, and consequently were usually in the cabin at the same time getting dressed or preparing for our daily activities. It did feel like we were bumping into each other a lot. We travel with lots of clothes, so there was a shortage of clothing space. 1) We requested additional clothes hangers from the cabin steward, who happily obliged our request. 2) I kept my casual stuff and lingerie in my suitcase, but that meant I had to pull out the suitcase twice daily to select what I was going to need. 3) In the morning and before dinner, I packed up my “stuff” (outfit, hair prep, makeup) and went to the fitness center for my showers and grooming (the bathrooms/showers in the fitness centers on most ships are very nice).

We took turns on sleeping in the Pullman bed (upper berth). The sofa bed pullout is a nice option, but as a previous poster pointed out, it takes up a lot of space.

Bottom line: a few minor inconveniences at a time when our travel budget just didn’t allow for that second cabin. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

We've done 1 adult and 2 teens in an inside cabin and it was perfectly fine. But 3 adult women might be a little tight. Not alot of room for you all to get changed at the same time and all sharing the tiny bathroom might be a bit of a challenge. Storage space for all the clothes & shoes may be issue too. Make sure you put your empty suitcases under your bed because every bit of extra space will count.

Edited by aussielozzie18

We've done 4 and 3 (our adult kids 24 and 26) in an inside cabin we had the pullman beds I would think that would be better than a sofa bed, as I have never felt a comfortable sofa bed yet! It's tight but how much time are you going to spend in the room anyways? We just use it to sleep and shower.

Had Pullman once in an ocean view. Never again. The way the room was laid out Pullman hung over the bed so couldn't get up without walking into it. Sofabed is away in the daytime so never really caused an issue. DD has never complained of bed being uncomfortable. Did complain she couldn't sit up on Pullman.

I too would recommend JS, lots more space and larger closet.

Just a tip but we take one hanging cosmetics/toiletries bag per person and hang in the closet when not needed. Don't run out of space in bathroom then:D

Edited by Spurschick

Our upcoming cruise next Oct, there will be my husband & I and adult daughter. I asked if she wanted a cabin by herself and she said she didn't mind sharing. I know both she & I won't be in the cabin that much during the sea days, so the showering might be an issue but as others said there is always the gym. Haven't had the need to use it up to now.

3 "adults"...related as mom and daughters are, should be ok...it will be TIGHT...so be prepared for that.

Unrelated people...NO WAY!

I have done it with my two daughters and once with DH and one daughter. I just went to the cabin about 20 minutes before,anyone else to take my shower and get dressed for dinner. It was the only time that it,seemed to be too many people in a small space

My wife and myself with our seventeen year old daughter have done 3 cruises with no issues at all, I'm booked for July on the Independence in a basic balcony room with us 3 again. The rates are really good on this type of room right now so we are happy to go again..

I think the bathroom situation esp. on formal night is the hardest part. I know on Celebrity and Princess I'd treat my kids (adults but before they got married) to a holiday cruise and I'd put all 3 of them in one cabin. One of them would go to the spa area where they have showers in the locker rooms. The showers are much nicer and bigger anyway. So they weren't all trying to get ready at the same time.

I can't recall if there are showers in the spa area of RCI but I would assume there are.

I cruised with my Mom and my younger sister about 2 years ago in a D-1 with a sofa bed and a upper Pullman. I found the Pullman to be more comfortable.

We were celebrating my mom's 65th birthday. It had been a long time since I had shared accommodations with my sister. My mom and I have always traveled well together and are relatively low maintenance. I talked to my sister before the trip and we agreed to switch beds halfway through the cruise. I slept on the upper Pullman first. Well, when it was time to switch, I mentioned to my sister our previously arranged agreement. She simply stated "I am not going to sleep up there." OK..... What!?!?! I chose the path of least resistance in honor of keeping the peace for my mother's sake. I sucked it up and did not complain about it again.

If that was not enough, my sister also took an extraordinarily long time in the bathroom. So much so, that it was nearly impossible to get to dinner on time. The second night, I decided to go to the showers in the gym. When I suggested that my sister and I take turns doing this, what did she say? That's right, you guessed it! She said "I'm not doing that." I took my showers for the rest of the week in the gym.

I am not normally such a martyr. I am not afraid of sticking up for myself. However, I felt that the trip was not about me and that it was easier and better for my mom to just deal with the situation passively. However, by the end of the week, I had more than enough of my sister. I started to remember all of the things that she did 20 years ago that got under my skin. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my sister. Having said that, I will NEVER share a hotel room or cabin with her again. I would rather pay the single supplement and cruise in my own room. I think that I am of an age (mid-forties) where I am not really willing to put up with this kind of thing anymore.

You will need to judge your own family dynamics and make the best decision for you. If you decide to go ahead with 3 to a cabin, make sure that you all talk about your expectations well ahead of time. I thought that I had done that and it still didn't work the way that I expected it to. If I had to do it over again, I would have been much more clear with my sister about how we could make the trip more equitable.

I chose the path of least resistance in honor of keeping the peace for my mother's sake. I sucked it up and did not complain about it again.

You did the right thing, looking out for your Mama, shame on your sister. :(

OP, Price out someone having a cabin to themselves just to see the price. Bear in mind if people live in different states, they may get resident discounts. If not, do it, just be fair and willing to compromise. :)

We are cruising on FOS in June. There are 5 of us. My Grandson (20 year old) and a friend have one cabin and my 2 daughters and I will be sharing a cabin. We haven't done this since they were pre-teens. We much prefer the pullman beds (MUCH more comfortable) so we chose a cabin with the pullman. We are actually looking forward to it. The three of us have never shared a cabin and we think it will be like a sleepover..just with wine and late night room service. We've had connecting cabins when there were four of us and we spent most of our time in one cabin getting ready together. We just plan to stagger shower time. We don't go all "Oscar red carpet" on formal night, even though we do honor the dress code. We just don't see it as a problem. We spend most of our time in one cabin when we have had two to a cabin.