PV Pirate Ship Excursion

TheCruisingBrewers

Hey all,

We are looking for something new to do, and the PV pirate ship excursion looked interesting. There is one during the day and another at night. Is this a drunken party boat or just a really good time? We are looking for our two friends and going with my two kids aged 16 and 20. Willl the kids hate it?

Any advice good or bad is welcomed!

I have personally not done this paticular one but that being said, i just came back from staying at my timeshare in P.V and a lot of people talk at the pool!

I meet several people that took it and loved it. One couple was in their mid 40's and said food was o.k but the experience was alot od fun. Another couple i was talking to as well said they had done it before and had a fun time. I also have heard that the day time one is more for familys with little kids as opposed to the evening one is geared for your kids age group on up.

Do a search on some P.V websites and you will find positive feedback.

I think Tripadvisor forums could help.

We are just off the Sapphire Princess and we did the Pirate Ship. We had 3 kids ages 17,16,10. We all had a great time. Do not expect to of the line food. There was chicken, ribs, corn and salad. The quality was as you would expect for this type of event. They had unlimited drinks. We don't drink alcohol so don't know if it was included. There were several different beach activities available. Snorkling for about 30 minutes, kayaking, banana boat, boogie boards-all included in the price. You are only at the beach for about 2 hours and the lounging area is not very good. You are on the boat 2 hours each way and they work very hard to make sure you are entertained. The whole thing does seem to be a bit more geared toward younger children, with a pirate show and all. The boat does rock quite a bit so you may want to take precautions. I have one son that is prone to sea sickness and I gave him ginger and bonnine and he was fine. DH & I did Las Calletas a few years ago and I think you may be happier with this excursion. You don't take as long getting to and from the beach, therefore you have longer at the beach. There are better lounging areas, a better lunch (served on the island not the ship) spa services ($25 for a half hour massage in a hut on the hill top-wonderful). They also have snorkling which my DH thought was better the that at the Pirate Ship. They have a little nature hike too. You may want to look into this excursion. Similar type of outing, but more geared toward adults. Please let me know if you have any questions about either.

• 1 month later...

We did the PV pirate ship with our kids, ages 6 and 3, so I don't think there is any minimum age. They enjoyed it. There try to reach all ages. There are fun, silly games for the little ones, more "racy" type games for the adults/teens. It's a good show.

One thought I had while on this tour, is that this trip is NOT for anyone with mobility problems. Though there are plenty of people to help, you have to step from the motorboat onto a stairway (with both boats moving with the waves), walk around on a deck littered with obstacles (life jackets, benches, backpacks, etc.) and the stairway down to the dining room is sooooo steep they have everyone go down it backwards. Plus, the boat rocks heavily, so walking on the deck makes everyone look like stumbling drunks! Plus, when the small boat takes you to the beach, you jump down into a few inches of water and walk to the beach. They carried the kids to the sand.

But, I'm not criticizing -- we loved the tour. I was just thinking about anyone who had trouble walking.

Archived