distance to port

maxepic

• 2 months later...
which Amtrak station there are two of them.....one is by BWI airport and the other is Baltimore Penn in the city.... I think the BWI is the closer one.

Could someone confirm this.

No...just the opposite...the BWI Amtrak station has to be at least twice as far from the cruise port as Baltimore Penn Station.

No...just the opposite...the BWI Amtrak station has to be at least twice as far from the cruise port as Baltimore Penn Station.

Correct here. The BWI Amtrak Station is about 25 minutes to the port depending on traffic. Baltimore Penn Station is about 15 minutes depending on traffic.

Thanks njhorseman .....what is the area around Baltimore Penn Station like and would you know of any good hotels around there and also how much a cab to the pier is.

Baltimore Penn Station is on the north side of downtown. It's about 8 minutes to the Inner Harbor where there are many hotels. There is not much around Penn Station besides apartments and a college campus. A cab to the pier from downtown will be around $20-$25 depending on what part of downtown you are in. There is also a possibility that there may be a flat rate for taxi's to the cruise port, it's been a while since I was last there. If I'm a little off on taxi rates, someone please correct me. Thanks. :)

Thanks njhorseman .....what is the area around Baltimore Penn Station like and would you know of any good hotels around there and also how much a cab to the pier is.

Most of the hotels in downtown Baltimore are near the Inner Harbor, and are in the higher price ranges. (Hilton, Sheraton, etc)

There are more options near the BWI airport rail station. Most have a shuttle that will pick you up at the train station. The cost of a taxi from that area to the cruise port will be around $35.

Aloha,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Archived