Where does NCL dock in Juneau?

sdmike

I'll also ask this on the POC board, but I'm trying to get a feel for where the ship docks. It looks like there are about 4-5 berths along the shore south of downtown. I'll be renting a car from National on Jacobsen Drive which is at the dock furthest south of town (Aj Dock). It would be awesome if that's where we docked, otherwise I'm going to have a nice jog at 7:30am :)

I'll also ask this on the POC board, but I'm trying to get a feel for where the ship docks. It looks like there are about 4-5 berths along the shore south of downtown. I'll be renting a car from National on Jacobsen Drive which is at the dock furthest south of town (Aj Dock). It would be awesome if that's where we docked, otherwise I'm going to have a nice jog at 7:30am :)

Not sure if this helps, but I took this last summer from the tram car going up Mt. Roberts.

norwegian-pearl-norwegian-cruise-line-pic6512.jpg

That's awesome! The car rental place would be right there by the ship. That would allow me to get my van at 8am when they open, and drop it off around 12:30 right before our excursion.

Thank you very much

AJ Dock is furthest from town, about 1 1/2 miles. We will be on NCL Jewel's first closed jaw Seattle to Seattle run, and have noted on the various Port sites that this is her berth 7:00-1:30 PM and NCL Pearl will take over beginning at 2 PM the same port day, hope that helps :p

That's interesting! I was wondering why the Jewel left so early..it's making way for the Pearl. :)

If you look at the itinierary, they are counting this as an At Sea day rather than listing the port name, (Juneau), as they do for our Ketchikan, Skagway and Victoria stops...

So an abbreviated stop in Juneau then the Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier cruising for another 6 hours. And if you are booking back to the ship for another excursion, it sounds like you'll be doing the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer catamaran cruise as well???

BTW, we'll be doing that as well as the Taku Glacier Lodge & Flightseeing...a day jam packed with sensory overload :D

AlaskaTracyArmiceicebaby.jpg.4c33ef7d426c4ed6374cc73d85350959.jpg

AlaskaaJuneau-DockJewelwillbewayoutthere.jpg.132cc94d824badf3f77630b30476ad29.jpg

Alaskaanativewalkabout.jpg.624e4a29d4c9608de9067581e6364a1a.jpg

AlaskaJuneauTracysKingCrabShackyowsa.jpg.2757cd0fe990011c259a24ac885e18cb.jpg

AlaskaNCLtoSawyerGlacierupclose.jpg.c15809b96a9b17188e730e393708903e.jpg

You're right. It's going to be a very busy day. Our plans are to take a rental van around Juneau for a few hours on our own ($70 total to rent a van for 6 of us instead of $150 per person excursion). I worked in Juneau for over a year so I know my way around. We'll drive out to Mendenhal on our own, then drive up the coast to the St. Therese shrine and Eagle Beach. On the way back we'll hit the fish hatchery near the airport, and get back in time to have some halibut fish and chips at Sand Bar. Our paid excursion will be the trip out to Tracy Arm on the smaller boat. It leaves at 1:15, and the Jewel departs 15 minutes later.

Hey SDMike,

How did you manage to get the rental rate of $70 for a van for 6 passengers from National? Is there a special code or something?

We arrive in Juneau on the Pearl at 2:00 pm. We're also a party of 6. National quoted us a total price of $120 to rent a mini-van from 2 pm to 8 pm. And Rent-a-Wreck quoted us $92 for the same time period. We're planning to hit the same spots that you mentioned (Mendenhal Glacier, St. Therese shrine, Eagle Beach, fish hatchery).

Care to share your low-rate secret? Thanks!

Hey SDMike,

How did you manage to get the rental rate of $70 for a van for 6 passengers from National? Is there a special code or something?

We arrive in Juneau on the Pearl at 2:00 pm. We're also a party of 6. National quoted us a total price of $120 to rent a mini-van from 2 pm to 8 pm. And Rent-a-Wreck quoted us $92 for the same time period. We're planning to hit the same spots that you mentioned (Mendenhal Glacier, St. Therese shrine, Eagle Beach, fish hatchery).

Care to share your low-rate secret? Thanks!

I booked through my corporate travel office. We have special National rates. :(

I saw that Alamo was $99 for a mini-van right there at the dock. You might want to check them too

Archived