***Live from the Sojourn 14 Day Grand Med***

Well after have been flying all night we landed in Barcelona at 1:30pm and were at the cruise terminal at 2:00pm. Embarkation was very simple and hassle free in Barcelona. First impressions of the Sojourn...she's no little sister let me tell you and I almost felt lost for the first 3 hours while being onboard. The Guest Services Manager Alister was very helpfull in getting some Suite item ste ups sent to our suite such as the Complimentary Wine List so that I can report back to all of you the quality of the wines. We had lunch at the Patio Grill since the Colonade was a ZOO!!! I thought they were giving away free cash and no one called me!..LOL

We just finished the Muster Drill whereby now Seabourn is extremely strick about people attending. You either attend or you are thrown off the ship the following morning in Palma Mallorca. I thought we were going to have 2 paxs test this new policy as they did not show up until the very last minute...how embarassing for these two poor souls.

We are minutes from leaving the Port of Barcelona as we are awaiting our pilot to come onboard. The ship is GORGEOUS, immaculate and in prisitne condition. I wouldn't say you feel like a number onboard but the feel is certainly much different then on the Legend. As we are here onboard for 14 days I am sure we will get to know everyone and they in turn us as well. I am so relieved that we booked the Oddysey for 42 days this upcoming December from Singapore to Auckland after only being onboard the Sojourn for 3 hours or less. Our Suite has very little wear and tear and you can see that they freshened up the ship in Genoa this past month in drydock whereby carpeting etc. has been replaced in passenger common areas.

The plan tonight for us is going to be very informal and casual as we are both dead beat tired from the flight over and having to work all day yesterday up to flight time. I don;t know how I am going to keep the standard and bar that I have set upon myself with detailed menus everyday for ALL venues as I did on the small sisters...it looks to be a full time job on this size of ship!...Lord help me....yikes!

Well off to get a Mojito and sit out on deck for sailway from Barcelona enroute to Palam Mallorca tomorrow morning at 7:00am.

More to come from the jewel of the Sojourn enroute currently to Palma!...stay tuned.;)

Seabourntraveller,

Thanks for the "Blog" pelase keep up the good work, hope that you have a restfull night after your long flight.

Look forward to more tomorrow.!!

We are off on Seabourn Quest in one week so reading about the Sojourn is making it more bearable to wait. Look forward also to the winer lists.

Seabourntraveller,

Thanks for the "Blog" pelase keep up the good work, hope that you have a restfull night after your long flight.

Look forward to more tomorrow.!!

We are off on Seabourn Quest in one week so reading about the Sojourn is making it more bearable to wait. Look forward also to the winer lists.

LEESRE, will do and report back ASAP as to the wine lists etc....the sunset leaving Barcelona this evening is just amazing and seas are calm....and thank goodness there is more than just FOX news on my TV as well...LOL!;)

Gosh how excited was I to see the familiar ** Live from the .....**. LOL!

I am looking forward with anticipation to your wonderful tales from the Grand Med on your Sojourn home away from home, and especially so as you are in the same time zone as me this time!

I am sure you will come to enjoy this bigger sister as much as the little ones - just wait till you try out the delicious bites on offer in Seabourn Square!

Now I promise not to ask you about those critters if you promise not to wax lyrical about them and make me jealous :p

Rest well and have a wonderful time - hope you had a well deserved glass - or three - of champagne in your hand as you enjoyed the sunset!

Mrs F

Self appointed secretary of the ST fan club! (;):p:D)

Dear SeabournTraveller

What a joy to read your travelexperiences again. I have so enjoyed reading your stories from the Legend last time.

Wish you a fabulous 14 days on the bigger Sister.

Cheers,

Peter

For those interested in knowing our itinerary for this 14 Day Grand Mediterranean Quest cruise, there is not even 1 Sea Day on this 14 Day cruise.:D...I will need a vacation from this vacation with such a port intensive cruise!:p

Apr 13th Barcelona

Apr 14th Palma de Mallorca, Spain 8:00am-6:00pm

Apr 15th Palamos, Spain 8:00am-6:00pm

Apr 16th Marseille, France 8:00am-6:00pm

Apr 17th Monte Carlo, Monaco 8:00am-6:00pm

Apr 18th Portofino, Italy 8:00am-6:00pm

Apr 19th Portoferraio, Italy 8:00am-6:00pm

Apr 20th Civitavecchia, Italy 7:00am-5:00pm

Apr 21st Livorno, Italy 7:00am-8:00pm

Apr 22nd Ajaccio, Corsica 9:00am-6:00pm

Apr 23rd Porto Torres, Sardinia, Italy 7:00am-3:00pm

Apr 24th Mahon, Spain 8:00am-6:00pm

Apr 25th Ibiza, Spain 8:00am-6:00pm

Apr 26th Valencia, Spain 7:00am-5:00pm

Apr 27th Barcelona arrival 7:00am

Good Morning from the sleepy Sojourn. Of course I would be Kevin's (bless his tired poor soul) first customer at 6:15am in seabourn Square! I have to tell you a big difference from going from my cabin here on the Sojourn on Deck 4 to Seabourn Square...quite the trek and not like on the little sister's up two flight of stairs and bingo I was there. It was a very quiet night last onboard the ship and Room Service got KILLED with orders. Would you believe last night's themed menu in the Colonade was Surf and Turf serving Filet Mignon and Nigerian Shrimp!....arrrrgggg...someone obviously called ahead and new I was coming!:mad:

A couple of quick Observations before I post the Menus and Activities of last night. The ship is in immaculate condition....as on all ships you could eat off the floor! The crew are extremely friendly and helpful. Our Cabin Stewardess Radka (from Bulgaria) is so sweet and understanding. We gave her the night off when she wanted to do the turn down service and freshen up the cabin. She looked so surprised and kept asking us "Are you sure it's no trouble at all..." We knew she was swomped with guest complaints/requests etc and all we wanted was a hot shower, a movie and something later to nibble on.

We ordered off the Dining Room Menu and each had the crusted Tuna Tartar, a Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad, the Old Filet Stand-By for me Medium Rare, with Garlic MAshed Potatoes and a medly of Vegetables and my other half tried the Mustard Crusted Veal Chop which look divine. Dessert was nothing to get horny about, some Chocolate/Ganache Mousse Cake and a Apple Crumble Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream. Never made it to the Movie part of the evening as we looked at the "E" Channel occasionally surfing past the FOX Channel.:rolleyes:

I would say a good portion of the crew seems new to the ship and/or Seabourn but very willing to go out of there way to provide excellent attention and great service. As I am typing away here no one has discovered Seabourn Square almost like Early Morning Risers Coffee on the Legend. I still haven't received the Complimentary Wine List we requested yesterday afternoon to our Suite but everything else requested has arrived promptly.

We plan on going to the Colonade shortly after they open at 7:30am and get some breakfast before taking the first shuttle bus into Palma. Palma is a beautiful island (expensive at times) but very nice and easily walkable for taking in the sights.

More to come later this morning from the Sojourn shortly about to dock in Palma de Mallorca, Spain in a couple of hours time.;)

Note to Self: When carrying back two Americano's from Seabourn Square to my Suite ask for paper sleeves or wear kevlar mitts!....my goodness was I doing a fire dance back to my Suite with two HOT Coffee's in hand.:eek:

Weather Update today in Palma de Mallorca, 68F or 19C and sunny and seas are very clam thus far....stay tuned for more aboard the Sleepy Sojourn making our way ever so closer to Palma de Mallorca.

Bon Voyage ST.

Sure hope your Sojourn trip will be as fun as ours.

Now stay away from the N-S.

Thank You Mariner....from the looks of it we will. This ship is simply stunning and could be happy not even leaving the ship for the next 14 days. A lot of these ports we have already done many times over.

Following your instructions about the Nigerian Shrimp, although very hard to do as they stuck it in my face on the Menu on Embarkation Night in the Colonade....LOL:eek::eek::cool::cool:

We just came back from a leisurely breakfast outside on deck in the Colonade Restaurant which was very nice, great open spaces and nothing like the ZOO and STAMPEDE on the Legend when the Verandah would open at 7:30am. This morning was not very busy at 8:00am when we finally arrived. I have to say the service was excellent and so was the food but then again it's pretty hard to screw up breakfast IMO. The croissants onboard the Sojourn are on STEROIDS...never seen croissants so HUGE in my life...big enough to share with two people. I had a continental breakfast with some museli/yogurt and side plate of cheese strips and selected cold cuts. Was an abundance of variety of foods to choose from including todays special of Chocolate Chip Pancakes.

We will be staying onboard this morning and discovering this amazing ship and then will be heading out after lunch in Palma de Mallorca. Saturday's in Palma isn't the best day to visit IMO with most shops closing in the early afternoon and re-opening after 5:00pm again. We have 3 other cruiseships alongside with us today in Palma de Mallorca. Current temperature is 18C or 68F and sunny skies at 10:00am.

Although the ship is FULL and not one empty cabin it doesn't feel full because of the ships design and expansive common areas. The Big Sisters for sure have a different feel to them then the little sisters but different is good sometimes and so far we are in LOVE with the Sojourn!

More to come later today from the Sojourn in the beautiful port of Palma de Mallorca.;)

Dinner Options for Tonight, FORMAL NIGHT ONBOARD:

The Restaurant:

First Course

Malossol Caviar, potato shallot cake remoulade, spiced greens

Seared Venison Carpaccio, pickled artichoke, tapenade crostini

Pan Fried Foie Gras & Berry Compote, carmalized pears and crunchy salad

Puff Pastry Baked Parmesan & Prosciutto Consomme, navy beans, black truffle essence

White Asparagus Soup, tarragon foam, smoked fish tortellini

Dandelion Leaves & Crisp Shallots, balsamic dressing

Tossed Tomato & Grilled Bread, cucumber and toasted pine nuts

Main Course

Pan Roasted Halibut Fillet, creamy asparagus risotto, roasted mushrooms sauce

Butter Poached "Open Lobster Ravioli" sweet corn and mushroom fricasse

Herb Crusted Lamb Chops, fondant potatoes in mustard jus, peas and wilted lettuce

Chateaubriand, roasted filet of beef tenderloin, glazed vegetables, potato sticks, sauce bearnaise

Vegetarian- Crisp Polenta with Eggplant and Olive Relish, braised fennel and oven dried tomatoes

Restaurant 2:

Chef's Cocktail, Crispy Foie Gras, Port Wine Splash

Lobster Roll, Yogurt Caviar Sauce

Bacalaito Fritter, Avacado & tomato Salad

Seared Panela Salmon, White Bean Salsa, Piquillo Couscous

Shiraz Braised Oxtail Presse, Manchego Potstickers

White Asparagus Vanilla Cappucino, Mushroom Toast

Drunken Turbot, Porcini & Swiss Chard, Hazelnut Vinaigrette

Tuscany Braised Veal, Mascarpone Mashed Potato

Dark Chocolate Ganache, Espresso Citrus Panna Cotta, Condensed Milk Ice Cream

The Colonade- STEAKHOUSE

Appetizers

Seared Beef Tataki

Pickled Vegetable, Ponzu Jelly

Tahini Puree

or Roasted Garlic Soup, Chive Chnatilly

Crunchy Rosemary Brioche

or

Crispy Corn Crushed Prawn, Fennel Slaw

Romesco Sauce

Main Course

Cowboy Steak

Filet of Beef Tenderloin

Veal Chop

Fillet of Fresh Salmon with Lemon Caper Sauce

Served with Sweet Peas & Corn

Truffled Mashed Potatoes, Carmalized Onion Jus

Desserts

Fresh Blueberry Cheese Cake, Graham Cracker Walnut Tuille

or

Port Wine Poached Pears, Lemon Sherbert, White Chocolate Crisp

PATIO GRILL- CLOSED

Today at a Glance of Activities onboard:

9:30am Computer Assistance/WIFI Assistance in Seabourn Square Deck 7

10:30am Golf Putting Enthusiasts, the Retreat Deck 11

2:00pm Informal Bridge Play, Card Room deck 7

2:30pm Navigational Bridge Visit, Observation Bar Deck 10

3:30pm Scrabble Get Together, The Club Deck 5

4:00pm Afternoon Tea Time and Piano Melodies, Observation Bar Deck 10

5:00pm Friends of Dr. W. Meet, Conference Room #1, Deck 5

5:30pm All Aboard

6:00pm Departure for Palamos, Spain

Formal Night Onboard:

6:30pm Panoramic Piano Moods with Pierre, Observation Bar Deck 10

6:30pm-8:00pm Club Cocktails, The Club Deck 5 featuring Ria followed by Michael Liebler on guitar

9:30pm Smooth Melodies with Pierre (until midnight) Observation Bar

9:45pm Captain's Welcome, Grand Salon Deck 6

10:00pm SHOWTIME: "Can't Stop The Music", Grand Salon, Deck 6

Have you had time to take breath since you boarded?????

Now you and Mariner are soooo naughty to mention those delicious "critters" - see I refuse to name them!!! :p:D

Palma de Mallorca is indeed a beautiful place and especially in the lovely weather you are having.

" Enjoyed " reading your news of your wonderful Colonade breakfast whilst having my Saturday morning bowl of gruel:( ;)

Have a beautiful day and can't wait to read the latest news. See you are already getting high number of views, so I can't be the only one in the ST fan club!!:D

Complimentary Wine Selection OnBoard Sojourn:

White

Two Wines, Riesling, USA

Santa Margharita, Pinot Grigio, Italy

La Scolca, Gavi, Italy

Santa Alicia, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

Anakena, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

De Meye, Unwooded Chardonnay, South Africa

Louis Latour, Grand Ardeche, Chardonnay, France

Pascal Bouchard, Petit Chablis, France

Wingspan, Sauvignon Blanc, Spain

Duc de Foix, Chardonnay, Spain

Red Wines

Banfi, Chianti Classico, Tuscany, Italy

Serego Alighieri, Tuscan Red, Italy

Sirius Red, Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, Bordeaux, France

Trois Couronnes, Cotes du Rhone, France

Castle Rock, Cabernet Sauvignon, USA

Brassfield, Pinot Noir, USA

Arrowood, Merlot, USA

Rousemount, Shiraz, South Australia

Aromo, Merlot, Chile

Aromo, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile

Alsace, Pinot Noir, France

Duc de Foix, Cabernet Sauvignon, Spain

Blush/Rose

Beringer, White Zinfandel, Nappa Valley, California, USA

J.P. Chenet, Cinsault-Grenache, France

Sparkling Wines

Nicolas Feuillate, Brut, Champagne, France

Prosecco DOC, BRut, Carmine Maschio, Italy

From a first glance, I have to say the wine selection onboard looks to be weak compared to the extensive list on the Legend in December.

Have you had time to take breath since you boarded?????

Now you and Mariner are soooo naughty to mention those delicious "critters" - see I refuse to name them!!! :p:D

Palma de Mallorca is indeed a beautiful place and especially in the lovely weather you are having.

" Enjoyed " reading your news of your wonderful Colonade breakfast whilst having my Saturday morning bowl of gruel:( ;)

Have a beautiful day and can't wait to read the latest news. See you are already getting high number of views, so I can't be the only one in the ST fan club!!:D

I must say fairbourne I have been trying to keep up like on the Legend but being so much new to me here onboard the Sojourn it's almost a full time job doing this blogging!

I might need your secretarial services soon onboard...LOL:eek:

Back onboard from Ashore in Palma de Mallorca:

Today at afternoon Tea some German speaking man was grabbing items with his "mitts" and after deciding he didn't like what he selected after a quick bite taste, decided to toss some back on the platters!....mama mia!

Seabourntraveller - Mein Gott. Not Black Forest gateau by any chance?

Back onboard from Ashore in Palma de Mallorca:

Today at afternoon Tea some German speaking man was grabbing items with his "mitts" and after deciding he didn't like what he selected after a quick bite taste, decided to toss some back on the platters!....mama mia!

Seabourntraveller - Mein Gott. Not Black Forest gateau by any chance?

That will be Fritz with the mitts.

Complimentary Wine Selection OnBoard Sojourn:

From a first glance, I have to say the wine selection onboard looks to be weak compared to the extensive list on the Legend in December.

Many thanks for securing the list. I am guessing it will be similar on our Quest cruise in a few days.

Most of the wines seem to be verging on " plonk" but a small number appear to rise above the " cheap and cheerful" category.

Of these, I would be interested to know if you have tried the Louis Latour Grande Ardeche or the Tuscan red ( is it Banfi?) or the Brassfield pinot noir and particularly the Arrowood merlot that could be head and shoulders above the rest - unless I am mistaken! In any event, I will be trying them on the Quest ( if they have a similar list) but forewarned is forearmed!

Cheers

Many thanks for securing the list. I am guessing it will be similar on our Quest cruise in a few days.

Most of the wines seem to be verging on " plonk" but a small number appear to rise above the " cheap and cheerful" category.

Of these, I would be interested to know if you have tried the Louis Latour Grande Ardeche or the Tuscan red ( is it Banfi?) or the Brassfield pinot noir and particularly the Arrowood merlot that could be head and shoulders above the rest - unless I am mistaken! In any event, I will be trying them on the Quest ( if they have a similar list) but forewarned is forearmed!

Cheers

MARIANH, I have tried the Louis Latour Ardeche many a time on the Legend last Dec and Jan and is one of most "drinkable" favourites and looks to be on "stand-by" here on the Sojourn from the looks of it. Tonight I plan on trying a bottle of Pascal Bouchard, Petit Chablis. I'll have my other half order the "Banfi" Chianti Classico from Tuscany.

Archived