Celebrity with a 17 month old

nyyhoneybee

Anyone done it? Reviews? Thoughts? We are considering a cruise next December (early Dec) on Celebrity Eclipse for DH and my 30th birthdays. We've never sailed Celebrity so I figure it doesn't hurt to ask if they are toddler friendly.

In Feb of this year I was on Silhouette with wife, 8 month old daughter and the in laws. There were some things Celebrity did well and other areas they let us down a bit but overall fantastic and would do it again. See link below for my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1794896

It's a little long but tailored for those travelling with little one. Any questions let me know

Anyone done it? Reviews? Thoughts? We are considering a cruise next December (early Dec) on Celebrity Eclipse for DH and my 30th birthdays. We've never sailed Celebrity so I figure it doesn't hurt to ask if they are toddler friendly.

Celebrity offers babysitting services for a fee. It is supposed to be in room but they may ask if it is OK if you drop the little one at the Children's camp. All you need to do is set up a reservation (minimum three hours) and if approved, drop off the child, along with diapers and everything else that is needed.

We did this with our almost three y/o and our 1 1/2 y/o in order to take a tour of the bridge and have a quiet lunch overlooking the wake.

Another thing I want to add is that we had anytime dinning. We had a table assigned to us near (not next) to the entrance of the restaurant. Any time any of the little ones would start to act up, one of us would take them out of the restaurant in order to keep them entertained. This would self-resolve once the food arrived at the table. In passing we had a few passengers thank and congratulate us for doing this. The little ones even made friends with some of the passengers at the dining room.

Archived