Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > World Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

World Cruising A place for world and extended length cruisers to share advice and experiences.

Old May 18th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp2000 View Post
How do you think prescription drugs would be handled.

I know my insurance only pays 1, sometimes 3 month supply?
Most insurance companies have a 'vacation' allowance for 2x normal so 6 months supply. We also renew as soon as possible so have a small cushion of meds.

Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

These are certainly helpful tips from everyone! I can't wait to take my first long haul cruise. I think it's a bucket list item! I had Panama and Alaska on the list and the world cruise is in the ' it will be my miracle! section of the bucket list...

Old June 7th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkymom View Post
These are certainly helpful tips from everyone! I can't wait to take my first long haul cruise. I think it's a bucket list item! I had Panama and Alaska on the list and the world cruise is in the ' it will be my miracle! section of the bucket list...
Life is short, the world is vast and truly amazing. Isn't that why we have credit cards!

Old July 17th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbcpa View Post
I just spoke with our cable company. They have a program called "Seasonal Billings". Instead of turning the cable/internet/telephones off, they charge a reduced rate and just reduce your service to the lowest (basic) rates for the three. The savings for us for all three services is over $150 per month. They ask for three days notice for initiating the program and two days notice for reinstating the services to their previous level of service.

That sounds pretty cool to me.

Has anyone ever tried something like that?
My mom does it every year for the summer. Like Keith said though, I know she had to call them and have them come out because they had done something in the neighborhood while she was gone and it now needed in house fixing.
Ocean Princess - Western Mediterranean - 10/10 -- Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean - 3/10 -- Island Princess - Coastal 5/09 -- Sapphire Princess - New Zealand/Australia 3/08 -- Sapphire Princess - Coastal 5/07 -- Tahitian Princess - Tahiti/Hawaii 7/06 -- Island Princess - Coastal/Alaska 5/06 -- Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean 9/04 -- Sun Princess - Coastal - 4/04 -- Sun Princess - Panama Canal - 4/01 -- Carnival - Caribbean - 11/00 -- Royal Caribbean - Caribbean 7/99 -- Grand Princess - Caribbean - 11/98 -- Pacific Princess - Mediterranean - 11/97 -- Sun Princess - Western Caribbean - 12/95 -- Regal Princess - Western Caribbean - 11/94 -- Dawn Princess - Mexico 5/93 -- Dawn Princess - Mexico 4/93 -- Fair Princess - Mexico - 12/92 -- Regal Princess - Alaska - 5/92 -- Regal Princess - Eastern Caribbean - 8/91 -- Fairsky - Western Caribbean - 4/87 -- Fairwind - Eastern Caribbean - 4/84

Old July 20th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

"The one thing I haven't noticed anyone mentioning is turning off the hot water heater and incoming cold water. This action is self explanatory.
If you use tankless water heaters or instant hot water appliances this is not necessary."

I WOULD DISAGREE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT. If a hot water line breaks, you don't need the extra cost of Gas to heat that leaking hot water.

Old July 21st, 2015, 09:33 AM
10,000+ Club

We have a electric hot water heater , I shut off the electric to it . I have our neighbor flush the toilets every 30 days
Holland: 16 voyages 233 days
Norwegian: 2 voyages 16 days
Princess: 16 voyages 154 days
Royal Carib: 5 voyages 35 days
Vantage:River 2 voyages 39 days
GRAND TOTAL: 71 Cruises 685 days

NOT YET SAILED
Eurodam Baltic Adventure 8/15-12 days
Eurodam Viking Passage 9 /15 -17 days
Prinsendam Amazon 11/15 - 25 days
Volendam Asia 2016- 93 days
Rotterdam Iceland 2016 -32 days