Solo supplement on Oceania?

BlancaNoir

Does anyone know the solo supplement on Oceania? Also, do they price solos on the 2 for 1 price per person or on the brochure fare?

Cc review calls Oceania a great value and I'm wondering if that is also true for solos.

Thanks!

Solos do not get the 2 for 1 fare - I have asked and the answer is no.

The single supplement is 200% on popular sailings (ie you pay twice the fare quoted for each person when there are two in the cabin) but may sometimes be lower for off season or less popular cruises. I think Oceania got a bit burnt when things were bad in 2009 and they offered really great prices with single supplement of 125% - they got a lot of singles so the revenue was even further down than they planned when offering low prices to fill the ships.

I've checked Oceania and it's not a good value for solos. You're going to be charged a full 200% fare, and they base their prices on the brochure fare not the two for one. Seabourn does the same thing, as does Silversea although Seabourn's SS can be much lower if you choose run of house cabins.

As noted by jollyjones, I got one of those fantastic deals on in 2009. I could hardly believe it. My 12-night Greek Isles cruise ended up costing less than a similar one would have been with Royal Caribbean. I got 2-for-1 on early booking rate, with another $1k discount, and a 25% single supplement. It was a great cruise and a lovely ship. But, I don't know if such a deal will come along again. I'm keeping watch though...

Archived