Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old January 30th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Oasis of the Seas cabin upgrade

I will be sailing on the Oasis in 2 weeks. The ship is not sold out. What are the chances of getting an automatic upgrade? I am crown and anchor member at the platinum status. Has anyone ever received an upgrade?

Old January 30th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

We and my brother both were offered (and took) up sells - we paid more to get into suites. Brother even went from a JS to a CLS. Fantastic week!! Got called Thursday before we left.

Old January 31st, 2013, 04:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

I am Diamond with Royal and have never received a complimentary upgrade. Others with more cruises under their belts will say they have had the same experience. But there the occasional rare experience where some have been upgraded (or so I have read).

Last edited by SMASHROX; January 31st, 2013 at 04:56 AM.

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

We were booked in an Oasis cat 7 balcony in late November 2012. There were lots of suites available a week out from sailing. On the Wednesday prior to sailing we noticed our cabin was changed from a D7 to a Jr. Suite (we had selected automatic upgrade on our profile).

We are D+ with 250 days, this was our first complementary ever.

Lou

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Something for Nothing

Very rarely in life do you get something for nothing. I just book the cabin that I want and don't worry if I will get an upgrade. On our last cruise RCI wanted us to give up our cabin and they would give us a free cruise and refund all the money we paid for the cruise and airfare.
We didn't take the offer.
But they didn't offer to upgrade us for free.

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

I am only a Gold member I am guessing the upgrade fairy wont be coming to see me

Adventure Of the Seas May 9th 2015

Past Cruises:

Liberty Of the Seas Feb 9th 2008
Liberty Of the Seas Jan 16th 2011
Oasis Of the Seas Feb 4th 2012
Allure Of the Seas May 12th 2013
Oasis Of the Seas May 10th 2014

Old January 31st, 2013, 08:25 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Location: South Florida (previously lived in NYC, Washington DC, Israel, Cuba, Uruguay, & NJ)

We were plat when our connecting insides were upgraded to connecting CP Balconies. I've noticed Oasis class does more upgrades than other ships especially lower tiered. Maybe they want to liking balconies.

You didn't mention your cabin class. But good luck

The world is not going to come to you. The sooner you realize this, the more time you'll have to pack. Get out there!

Upcoming Sailings
I have no cruise control; it's like the cruises book themselves
11/6/2014 - Regal Princess - U.S. Inaugural (Inside) Princess virgins
4/6/2015 - Rhapsody - Queensland (JS) BOGOHO precruise to Sydney, Adelaide, McLaren Vale & Barossa wineries, Melbourne and Kangaroo Island
9/18/2015 - Brilliance OTS - 9 night New England/Canada (corner aft) BOGOHO

Upcoming Business land based
October - Mexico
November - Mexico

Past Cruise History
RCI - Enchantment 2X, Navigator 2X, Mariner; Grandeur, Jewels 2X, Majesty 6X, Allure 2X, Oasis 2X, Radiance, Liberty 6X, Independence, Monarch, Serenade 2x, Legend, Adventure
Celebrity - Reflection, Constellation, Infinity
Carnival - Glory; Destiny; Celebration
Disney - Disney Dream
Other Travel History
North America (includes Central & Caribbean): United States (45 of 50 states plus DC & PR), Canada (5 Provinces), Mexico (21 of 31 states) plus Mexico City, Jamaica, Haiti, Cuba (work related), Costa Rica, Panama, Dominican Republic, Barbados, Dominica, Belize, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin, St. Kitts, Cayman
South America: Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil
Europe: Germany, France, Finland, Ireland, England, Scotland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Vatacin City, Austria, Greece
Africa: South Africa
Asia: China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, India, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Philippines, Korea, VietNam

Old January 31st, 2013, 08:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

I have been offered a free upgraded once and it was on Oasis. Inside to balcony on deck 14

I believe the call was 2 weeks prior to sailing, it was in the evening around 7:45PM. Now 2 weeks before any sailings I stay home day and night waiting for the upgrade fairy to call.

I don't believe we were diamond at the time of the upgrade. I've read members with only 1 cruise have been upgraded.
May 1989 Sovereign, Apr 2001 Voyager - Wedding Cruise , Feb. 2002 Explorer, Apr 2003 Conquest, Apr 2004 Conquest, Apr 2005 Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2006 Glory, Apr 2007 Caribbean Princess Southern, Dec. 2007 NCL Dawn, Apr 2008 Freedom OTS 100th voyage! Nov. 2008 Grand Princess - 12 day Mediterranean, Apr 2009 Liberty OTS, May 2009 Carnival Liberty,Aug 2009 Crown Princess 12 day British Isles, Dec. 2009 Liberty OTS, Apr 2010 Liberty OTS, May 2010 Valor, July 2010 Ruby Princess 12 day Mediterranean, Dec 2010 Liberty OTS, Apr 2011 Carnival Liberty, Apr 2011 Oasis - 10th anniversary, June 2011 NCL Star 7 day Alaska, Dec 2011 Freedom OTS, March 2012 Oasis, May 2012 Crown Princess 12 day Rome to Venice, Sept 2012 Valor - Mother/Daughter cruise
Dec 2012 Freedom OTS, April 2013 Allure of the Seas
July 2013 Independence of the Seas - 14 Mediterranean Grand Suite, Dec 2013 Freedom OTS, March 2014 Splendor from NY

Old January 31st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

I've sailed the Oasis last January (2012) and Last week, both were in a Grand Suite and for both cruises we received calls the Tuesday prior to sailing offering the Upsell... But both years it varied, last year we were offered to upgrade to the Sky Loft Suite for $500 total (when we tried to take it, it was already gone since we missed calling them back in time). This year we were offered $750 pp to upgrade to a Crown Loft Suite and passed. This was the first time on RCCL we were contacted to change cabins
Carnival Imagination - 1999
Grandeur of the Seas - 2000
Enchantment of the Seas - 2001
Carnival Victory - 2002
Carnival Victory - 2005
Voyager of the Seas - 2006
Carnival Imagination - Feb. 2008
Jewel of the Seas - Sept 2009
Jewel of the Seas - Sept 2010
Oasis of the Seas - January 2012
Carnival Glory - June 2012
Oasis of the Seas - January 2013
Carnival Glory - June 2013
Oasis of the Seas - January 2014

Old January 31st, 2013, 12:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

We are also sailing on the Oasis on Feb 16th and have been able to get two upgrades/up-sells since final payment, but both times we had to ask.

We upgraded our kids from a CV (Central Park) Balcony to a BV (Boardwalk) balcony for no charge in December when the price dropped.
Then 2 weeks ago when they were trying to sell some of the remaining cabins and offered them as part of the Tuesday specials, we were able to upgrade from a D1 balcony to a JS for $20 each.

As there are still unsold cabins they will probably be offering up-sells, but in case they don't call you, you might want to consider calling them a few days before sailing and asking about upgrades especially if you are platinum