Anthem ots some information

We have booked for silk this evening to have the Asian food but they have changed the menu to the best of the restaurants menu. So not much Asian and lots of food we have eaten already.

I don't know why they have started doing this. People have made their dinner plans for the cruise and in some cases this could be the only night that they were going to retry a menu and then it gets taken away.

If they want to showcase the other restaurants that's fine but leave the full menu of the restaurant that you booked available.

Another option would be to do this the first night and let people know that it will be done.

I don't know why they have started doing this. People have made their dinner plans for the cruise and in some cases this could be the only night that they were going to retry a menu and then it gets taken away.

If they want to showcase the other restaurants that's fine but leave the full menu of the restaurant that you booked available.

Another option would be to do this the first night and let people know that it will be done.

I wonder if it's to appease the whingers who chose classic but don't like asian food?

We have booked for silk this evening to have the Asian food but they have changed the menu to the best of the restaurants menu. So not much Asian and lots of food we have eaten already.

We had the same happen for us in Silk on day 2. The head chef is really proud of the royal evening menu - too bad he didn't ask us, we would have told him our opinions. We filled out the mid cruise survey and told Royal how disappointed we where with it, we had booked Silk due to their menu. So we went their yesterday again, skipping American icon grill.

The chef told on RTV they would repeat it again tonight. We had already decided on Izumi for tonight thank god. Otherwise we would probably just have gone to the Windjammer. I've been warning all we talked to on the subject :-)

Yes, fairly glad that we could skip Royal Evening crap (or to rephrase; easy highlights from other menus => less work for kitchen, and less whining from classic diners)

Izumi was good/acceptable - one of their luxury rolls (with tempura lobster) was prepared in advance and was soggy and cold, one dish was complete and utterly flavorless - but this was corrected with apology, and many other parts of many was good.

Seems a dumb idea to me, surely the point of DD is that YOU choose what cuisine you want on any given evening. Also if you have decided on going 'classic' one restaurant option is then taken away from you on each rotation. I thought the idea behind having a separate classics selection was if you were not a big fan of your chosen restaurant's menu you could choose something plain.

This smacks of a lazy head chef trying to make life easier in the kitchen by making the culinary equivalents of those compilation cds. You spend your money for a load of things you don't want so that you get something you're keen on having.

NOW; Dining !!

I'll be really disappointed if they do this next week. I've booked Silk because I want Asian cuisine.

I get the point of a "taster" menu on the first night to showcase the variety served on board in the various restaurants but not on other days.

I'll be really disappointed if they do this next week. I've booked Silk because I want Asian cuisine.

I get the point of a "taster" menu on the first night to showcase the variety served on board in the various restaurants but not on other days.

My advice is to ask the first night which day(s) they do the "Royal Evening Menu" and make sure the restaurant you choose that day is not chosen because of the menu. Those nights I would eat at speciality restaurants or the WJ.

Really felt betrayed the night at Silk we shoved up wanting to have their signature dishes and where shown the Royal menu.

Btw managed to take a foto of the menu they had the same in all 4 complimentary dining rooms. https://www.dropbox.com/s/njc04xv0ytuchzo/2015-04-24%2000.15.59.jpg?dl=0

Edited by BigDane

My advice is to ask the first night which day(s) they do the "Royal Evening Menu" and make sure the restaurant you choose that day is not chosen because of the menu. Those nights I would eat at speciality restaurants or the WJ.

Really felt betrayed the night at Silk we shoved up wanting to have their signature dishes and where shown the Royal menu.

Btw managed to take a foto of the menu they had the same in all 4 complimentary dining rooms. https://www.dropbox.com/s/njc04xv0ytuchzo/2015-04-24%2000.15.59.jpg?dl=0

Very disappointing menu-- especially if I showed up at silk wanting Asian.

Thanks for posting this. I find this really annoying. I dont think its about letting people know whats on offer elsewhere, more a case of cost cutting by having a menu that is available across more restaurants. I wish they would stop meddling with the Dynamic Dining idea. Either stick with it and support it or drop it rather than fudging the edges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not liking this... Hopefully, if we sail on the Anthem (which won't be until at least June 2016), they get rid of this menu!

I don't think that's overly expensive.... Normal "London hotel" prices.

T

I keep hearing how drink prices are comparable with London hotel prices and have to say, it is a ridiculous comparison! We are not in a hotel in London.

I think the comparison should be with similar cruise lines eg P&O etc

I keep hearing how drink prices are comparable with London hotel prices and have to say, it is a ridiculous comparison! We are not in a hotel in London.

I think the comparison should be with similar cruise lines eg P&O etc

Agree.

Cruise lines pay very little for their alcohol with bulk buying power and duty free costs plus low labour costs.

Thanks for posting this. I find this really annoying. I dont think its about letting people know whats on offer elsewhere, more a case of cost cutting by having a menu that is available across more restaurants. I wish they would stop meddling with the Dynamic Dining idea. Either stick with it and support it or drop it rather than fudging the edges.

I agree that they should stop meddling with DD.

I'm on Anthem now and have experienced the sampler menu for the past two nights in Chic and The Grande. The food has been excellent but I can understand why people are upset that they are not getting the full menu as advertised. I think some people got an email telling them that this was going to be the situation. I guess for the chefs it's much easier and really just like the old system with one menu for the main dining room. Now the guests are just sitting in several different themed restaurants.

I'm on Anthem now and have experienced the sampler menu for the past two nights in Chic and The Grande. The food has been excellent but I can understand why people are upset that they are not getting the full menu as advertised. I think some people got an email telling them that this was going to be the situation. I guess for the chefs it's much easier and really just like the old system with one menu for the main dining room. Now the guests are just sitting in several different themed restaurants.

So they had the same sampler menu two nights in a row? That wasn't the way how the Dynamic Dining was sold to us when we booked the cruise. They could at least inform passengers before.

Might end up in quite interesting situations in the restaurant.

Edited by JezzaC

So they had the same sampler menu two nights in a row? That wasn't the way how the Dynamic Dining was sold to us when we booked the cruise. They could at least inform passengers before.

Might end up in quite interesting situations in the restaurant.

No, it's a different menu each night.

"Therefore, and in order for all of our valued guests to have the opportunity to sample dishes from all of the dynamic dining restaurants, a special menu has been introduced for the 3 nights sailing's, which includes several of the most popular dishes from each of the dynamic dining restaurants. There will be a different menu for each night of the sailing."

Edited by floridaglen

No, it's a different menu each night.

But it is anyway a same sampler for all 4 restaurants? So meaning that in Silk, you can't choose from full Silk list - but have also items from Grande, American Icon and Chic included?

But it is anyway a same sampler for all 4 restaurants? So meaning that in Silk, you can't choose from full Silk list - but have also items from Grande, American Icon and Chic included?

Yes, I have seen the 3 different menus on Facebook, which are made up of dishes from each of the complimentary restaurants. How many nights are you sailing?

Edited by floridaglen

Yes, I have seen the 3 different menus on Facebook, which are made up of dishes from each of the complimentary restaurants.

Thanks for clarification. Doesn´t sound very good. We have made the bookings based on menus and seems that now the whole Dynamic Dining has been completely trashed. Neither has been any information send to the booked passengers.

Maitre D and guest relations will have a quite a lot things to explain. We will have 12 day cruise - but have already made all planning between complimentary and speciality restaurants - complimentary ones based on menu.

EDIT: Quote from other chain from live review:

"At this cruise it is the same 'Taste of Anthem' in all four complimentary Dynamic Dining restaurants - I have asked and got the answer that is is only for this short 3 days cruise - at longer cruises they will have different menu's in the different restaurants.

The 'Taste of Anthem' is OK for this cruise. "

So this is the situation only for these short cruises. Nothing to worry for us then.

Edited by JezzaC