Essential Oils

BunnyLove123

I love my essential oils and have recently started using them, for just about everything, headaches, sleeping well, germ fighting/sanitizing, etc.

I'm thinking I'm going to bring some of my oils with me on my trip. Problem is, how do I pack them since they are in glass bottles? I'm doing a checked bag, but also a carry on. All of my bottles (the few that I'll bring) are 3 oz. and under.

Do any of you use EO's? What are your thoughts on traveling with them on a cruise? :confused::)

I buy the little bottles (5 ml) to travel with. This week alone I have flew 3x with a baggie of my favorites in my purse. Not issue with TSA...on the other hand, the 4 pound block of homemade raw Jarlsberg got me stopped for some questioning.[emoji4]

• 1 month later...

I've been looking for a post from other EO lovers! I will no doubt be traveling with all my oils! I'm not flying so I don't have to worry about that but I would take them in my carry on. But I believe you want to avoid them being put through X-ray. I'm not positive but I believe asking them to wand them is better.

I will be using them for all my normal stuff like face, in my water, allergies, sleep, etc but I will also be using them to keep us healthy from all the germs you are exposed to when traveling with thousands of people. :)

I take the itty bitty bottle of something like Thieves' blend in my zippie bag, and either pack or pick up one of the small squirter bottles (along with another to spray water on my hair - mix with a drop of conditioner, you have detangler) to dump some in & add water so I can spray it, then trash the squirter bottles once I'm done (since the mechanism on the cheap ones dies quickly when using it with oils anyway) so I don't have to pack it on the way home.

I double ziploc-bag them (I use the snack-sized bags), wrap a piece of bubble wrap around it and put them into a small, clear plastic makeup bag that I then pack in my checked luggage. The ones that I would be using on the plane, I just double ziploc-bag them and put them into my 1 quart TSA bag. I only use two of them on the plane so they don't take up much room in the quart-sized TSA bag. Works like a charm every time with never any breakage or spill.

Edited by mousey

For our last cruise, I made a small "travel kit" of my oils. It's a plastic box with clasps on each side to hold it closed. It's actually a crayon box - so you can imagine the size - it's not too big. I was able to put it in my carryon on the plane because the total of all the bottles was not even close to 3 oz. I bought 1/4 or 5/8 dram size bottles and filled them with the oils I thought I might use. When I got home I made a list of the oils I wish I'd taken - lol. I also made some essential oil wipes to use on the plane - one set with thieves oil and the other set with "calming" wipes for my un-love of flying. :) I'll take some pics of my box and post them after this.

For our cruise in May, the whole family is going so I think I'll just pack my regular size bottle in my check luggage. I bought these cases. They are very compact and won't take up much room at all.

http://www.planttherapy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=225&products_id=1067#.VSRdG5VFDIU

I plan on taking more blends this time instead of single oils because it was a little hard to mix them.

One of my favorite things I took was a lavender spray that I made. It was great for after-sun and all kinds of other things (like the blisters I got because I wore brand new sandals to walk around Key West on the first day!) :o

Here's my travel kit

208f6caa5f885e116303583df8d3c278.jpg

2af8f8d40518a29d8e3c5c08ab4f4b44.jpg

I was able to fit twelve small bottles and two larger ones as well as some bandaids in the 3x4x1.5 inch box. It worked well. Filling and labeling those tiny bottles was tricky though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

What are your favorite oils or blends to take with you. I am definitely taking OnGuard (Thieves' "competitor"), Digestzen, and for sure my Liquid Xanax Blend to ease the stress of travel. Do any of you go as far as bringing a diffuser on board?

• 8 months later...

2af8f8d40518a29d8e3c5c08ab4f4b44.jpg

I was able to fit twelve small bottles and two larger ones as well as some bandaids in the 3x4x1.5 inch box. It worked well. Filling and labeling those tiny bottles was tricky though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is an older thread, but do you care to share what oils you take on a cruise with you?

Also, I love your monogram on your nail polish. How in the world did you manage to do that? I have never seen it before.

I just saw this thread.. I'm a big oil fan :)

On my upcoming cruise, I will take:

OnGuard--Good for protection against infections, germs, etc.

Lavender--Cuts and sunburns, calming

Frankincense--I don't go anywhere without my Frank..If its good enough for Jesus, I'll try it on whatever ailment that might come up! haha

Ylang-Ylang--I can't sleep without Ylang on my feet

Digest-Zen--Upset stomach, digestion

I had a friend who took her diffuser on her cruise haha I'm not that bad, I value my suitcase space too much!

I love my essential oils and have recently started using them, for just about everything, headaches, sleeping well, germ fighting/sanitizing, etc.

I'm thinking I'm going to bring some of my oils with me on my trip. Problem is, how do I pack them since they are in glass bottles? I'm doing a checked bag, but also a carry on. All of my bottles (the few that I'll bring) are 3 oz. and under.

Do any of you use EO's? What are your thoughts on traveling with them on a cruise? :confused::)

Yeah!! So glad to see some EO lovers here!! I love them as well and will be taking some along with me. My cousin has traveled with hers and she puts them in her carry on! I'm also thinking about ordering a small diffuser for my cabin but would hate for it to get removed from my bag!!

I have taken my small diffuser on my last 2 cruises. It didn't take up too much space in my suitcase. I diffuse On Guard in the cabin when we first arrive, and I like to diffuse lavender and cedarwood at night to help with sleep.

I have taken my small diffuser on my last 2 cruises. It didn't take up too much space in my suitcase. I diffuse On Guard in the cabin when we first arrive, and I like to diffuse lavender and cedarwood at night to help with sleep.

Good oil suggestions!! May I ask what kind of diffuser you take with you? I'm looking for one now. Don't want to spend a fortune just in case it breaks or doesn't make it! But don't want a crappy one either! Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

I have been travelling with EOs since about 1999. Once the TSA's 3-1-1 carry-on rule kicked in, I always put the bottles into my 1-quart zip bag. So many people tell me they just stuff their oils into their purse and the TSA never looks twice, but all it takes is one TSA agent having a bad day, and there goes $300 worth of EOs.

Personally, I don't bother with a diffuser. I'm not in the cabin enough to think about it, and if I think I need oils at night, I either rub into my hands or drop my desired oils onto a tissue and put it in the pillowcase.

I carry only the absolute essentials (pun!!) when travelling: Thieves/OnGuard, Lavender (all purpose sleeping/first aid/sunburn/smell nice oil) and occasionally an analgesic blend (Deep Blue or my own concoction of Ginger, Black Pepper, Basil, Eucalyptus and Lavender.)

I'm a little concerned about the idea of oil diffusers... are they a fire hazard? The one's I've seen are either electrical, or have candles.

A plug-in diffuser no more harmful than a fan would be. Mine is an ultrasonic water diffuser that plugs in. My friend had hers with her on our last cruise and the steward asked if she was burning a candle..when she showed him, he thought it was the best idea ever :)

• 3 weeks later...
I know this is an older thread, but do you care to share what oils you take on a cruise with you?

Also, I love your monogram on your nail polish. How in the world did you manage to do that? I have never seen it before.

I am just seeing this - 2 months later - lol.

I've changed a little bit what I take now. In the box I showed above I was taking mostly single oils because I thought I would blend them as needed. But that was kind of a pain. Now I like to take blends when I travel, rather than single oils because they can be multi-purpose. I take a germ fighter blend, digestive blend, pain reliever blend, and lavender. I also take some liquid coconut oil in a spray bottle. I can spray a couple squirts in my hand and mix in a drop of oil to use.

As for the monogram on my nails, I have a machine that cuts vinyl so I made those. I love anything with a monogram so it was fun to put them on my nails. I put them over my gel manicure polish and the came off easily when it was time to change the polish. If you want some, let me know!