Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Another evening outfit

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295397.884139.jpg.194e8f423beebda2582f3633c0529dff.jpg

My second formal night dress

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295420.212604.jpg.db0cdaee080a0d6fb2d4e50d92cd2a71.jpg

The necklace im considering... What do you guys think??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295447.901254.jpg.a8945913c70caa89a496e07b840c85dd.jpg

Another formal dress for chops grille... I love this one as it has the cool gold straps. (Unfortunately my sister broke part of it and I'm goin to have to try to tie it together since I can't fix it)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295467.102113.jpg.270aaf4c21bffb2bd39d0f7bc230da66.jpg

My last evening outfit, and probably what I'm going to wear on the drive down (12 hours straight, yikes).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295578.542210.jpg.31a43c74d5cb63f267968d6fcb880345.jpg

And I bought a clutch this time for evening to put my lanyard in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295533.802304.jpg.97fefcf7edf28f01eacb2706fb524b2b.jpg

Time for another question: I think I'm going to do my nails myself and change colors midweek.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429295717.836021.jpg.ca6df6c71930f2a99ddea37670967d29.jpg

I'm thinking start with the purple then switch to the pink (since the green dress would look weird with purple I think and it's at the end of the week). Do y'all think this is a good idea? Also sorry for the blurry pictures, I took them with my phone, when you shrink them they look weird.

Abercram: Thank you for posting Outfits Photos! All look cruiseworthy. My favorites are the blue dress w/ gold straps (hope you can fix it!), the orange dress and your Embarkation outfit.

IMHO: The necklace (at least from how it looks in the photo w/ your dress), blends in to the dress and isn't very noticeable...could be that in person, that isn't the case.

I like both nail polish colors! Take them and do your own mani. That will be a fun change of color:).

sunndaygirl: Being on vacation and cruising puts on a couple extra pounds, but getting out the bicycle is a good way to burn those pounds away! You have a realistic goal and no doubt, will achieve positive resultsicon14.gif!

MY packing is 98% done. With DH...I'm at the gently hinting stage: "It would be helpful to have your shirts, pants, shorts, shoes to start packing, dear." Next time my message will be more direct: "It's time RIGHT NOW to get your clothes to the Cruise Room....dear!":rolleyes:

Here's what's in my suitcase:

Shoes: 4 pairs sandals, 5 pairs wedge sandals, 1 pair heels = 10 shoes

Tops: 12 assorted

Bottoms: 11 (pants, Capris, skirts)

Dresses: 3 (1 sundress, 2 cocktail)

Handbags: 6 (crossbody/evening)

Jewelry: 13 little bags (1 per outfit)

Swimsuit + Coverup and 1 Cardigan

AND there is still room for some of DH's clothes:cool:.

Thank you Indiana! Now, you have to tell me, how do you fit all those items in your suitcase?? :) I'm using the packing cubes this time and am having a hard time fitting stuff, however I also have a giant first aid kit the same size as a large cube.

Bottom (because it isn't flat because of the rods):

Underwear, swimsuits

I try not to fold a garment if it fits in flat, i.e., my Capris fit exactly from one edge to the other.

Tops: fold in half, horizontally

Each layer goes in so that there aren't any humps.

Shoes tuck in on the sides, wherever they might fit.

HAVE EACH LAYER GO FROM ONE EDGE TO THE OTHER. That keeps all those clothes that were so carefully placed from sliding and wrinkling.

Jewelry is in individual bags, marked for each outfit and placed in one of those free bags you get with cosmetic counter promos.

And I use tissue paper if a layer isn't smooth.

THE KEY IS to press down on each layer and pack as tightly as possible.

My salon says a 99% alcohol wipe to take off that residue

Yes that is the correct thing to do, the final residue is removed with 99% isopropyl alcohol after the top coat has cured as it leaves a "stickiness".

With CND Shellac and gel polishes like Axxium etc., the hand massage then really has to be done after the nails are polished as you don't want them too oily. Most techs after they have finished the hand massage will wipe over the nails again to make them shine removing an lotion left behind.

Since I'm at the Lake House AND Lilly Pullitzer is a favorite designer, it made sense to travel to Erie Target on Monday.

Such naive thinking!!! Would never have guessed that Target opened an hour earlier on Sunday...that women were lined up to get in...and ALL Lilly P was gone in half an hour:eek:! I had no idea she was that popular!!!

Then on the news, footage of women with cartloads of Lilly were shown. They were buying anything to sell (allegedly) on E-Bay:eek:!

Ugh!!!! My hope is that anyone expecting to sell at a profit, doesn't make a sale.

To assuage my disappointment I went to Macy's...and found two dresses for the Family Cruise! Both on sale, one purple mock wrap for Formal Night, the other, multi-colored and will be worn for an evening. I felt a little better, but still can't believe how fast Lilly P was sold out...should have guessed when the Target site crashed shortly after midnight when her designs went on sale...

Many of the pink and green prints you see were designed by Lilly Pulitzer or inspired by her...not just in South Florida (although they would be a good choice there!) She hasn't been high profile for awhile, but the Target deal has brought back her popularity.

Her clothes are perfectly suited for CCFs...but the higher end clothes cost LOTS more than the Target line, i.e., a dress at Target would probably have cost no more than $40...V $140 for a similar non-Target .

I had planned to stay at the Lake House until Friday. Weatherman is predicting possible snow showers tomorrow night and Thursday:eek:. Plan B was to stop at the outlet mall on my way home tomorrow...won't even do that! No way I want to wear a coat and run store to store. Oh well, the outlets will still be there in a couple weeks...

My plan was to stay at the Lake House until Friday...but Mother Nature changed all that:eek:! I left this morning with the thermometer reading 41. Quickly dropped to 36...rain and then SNOW!! No, No, No - please Mother Nature, make it stop!!

The evening before we went to the Lake House, our 15-year old hot water tank sprang a leak - not a big one, just a consistent drip. DH called for a new one and it's being installed right now.

Don't think I could stand to drive in snow and then not be able to get a shower this evening:rolleyes:.

Tomorrow, I'm staying in my house. It's time to put a little pressure on DH:rolleyes:. "Your clothes are needed TODAY."

The worksheets are ready for the June Family Cruise...might get a head start on that Process tomorrow, too.:cool: Weather isn't going to be much better so some Caribbean indulgence can't hurt!

Edited by indiana71

We are heading to Cancun next month to our first All Inclusive....our 2 daughters , son in law and a boyfriend are meeting us there too. We decided since our daughter got married 10 days before our 30th Anniversary last May that we would renew our wedding Vows on our 31st Anniversary on 5/27.This is what I chose to wear....the straps are filled with pearls...I know it's hard to see.

2674416_fpx.tif?wid=600&hei=510&fit=fit,1&$filterxlrg$

Ollie_WA

What a great gown. It is very nice.

indiana71,

Happy to hear that you are getting your new hot water heater in. cold showers are no fun! Our weather forecast says we might get some snow tonight too. Snow is a four letter word for us.:)

Ollie_WA

What a great gown. It is very nice.

indiana71,

Happy to hear that you are getting your new hot water heater in. cold showers are no fun! Our weather forecast says we might get some snow tonight too. Snow is a four letter word for us.:)

Thank you!!

Ollie_WA: Beautiful dress! White, but not bridey-white. Perfect for renewing your vows:)! Thanks for sharing!!

geocruiser: Right now, there are snow flakes flying around outside my window. I agree, snow is a 4-letter word!! Especially when May begins in a week:eek::confused:!

Just paid a couple BIG bills...taxes on the main house and lake house; and credit card for the 10 members of the Family Cruise!

The nice thing is - we're accumulating lots of points to redeem on future cruises:cool::)!

DH got the hint and laid some clothes in the Cruise Room...I better get busy packing...

Ollie, really lovely dress. Indiana, I feel your pain, I think our water heater has just about had it too... Dermatologist this morning, 22 spots burned & cut out, it's been a long day...

Ollie_WA: Beautiful dress! White, but not bridey-white. Perfect for renewing your vows:)! Thanks for sharing!!

geocruiser: Right now, there are snow flakes flying around outside my window. I agree, snow is a 4-letter word!! Especially when May begins in a week:eek::confused:!

Just paid a couple BIG bills...taxes on the main house and lake house; and credit card for the 10 members of the Family Cruise!

The nice thing is - we're accumulating lots of points to redeem on future cruises:cool::)!

DH got the hint and laid some clothes in the Cruise Room...I better get busy packing...

The snow flakes were flying here too. Car was covered. Melted by noon, but it was very windy and cold:mad:.

Frost here in Indiana. AND my leaky water heater was replaced Wed. Not an expense we were expecting.

Lovely dress, and perfect for your vow renewal. Only been to an AI once, but enjoyed it.

I take heart that forecasters say we're headed for an amazing May!

Before a cruise, I always make a dinner using tropical ingredients or Royal Caribbean cookbook recipes...we review the itinerary...and then DH gets a couple (clothing) gifts.

For the Family Cruise, he needs NEW STUFF! His shorts are showing wear, so today I shopped for him - a couple pairs of shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. And couldn't resist another Hawaiian shirt on TravelSmith website.

He's also getting two new bow ties for Formal Nights. We're taking Santa hats to wear for photos that will be used on this year's Christmas cards - sitting on the beach chairs on Labadee, with Santa hats and swimsuits; and/or Formal Night attire w/ Santa hats. If the photos are good, it will be the first time for us sending picture Christmas cards.

Finding a day to have that pre-cruise dinner will be the difficult part...he's busy umpiring high school and Legion baseball...and we have The Next Cruise two weeks from today!! (Suitcases are ALMOST finished...)

Also stopped at Goodwill this morning. Found a coral knit top (Banana Republic) and a silky print scarf to go with it. Not bad for $3.00!:)

Edited by indiana71

Before a cruise, I always make a dinner using tropical ingredients or Royal Caribbean cookbook recipes...we review the itinerary...and then DH gets a couple (clothing) gifts.

For the Family Cruise, he needs NEW STUFF! His shorts are showing wear, so today I shopped for him - a couple pairs of shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. And couldn't resist another Hawaiian shirt on TravelSmith website.

He's also getting two new bow ties for Formal Nights. We're taking Santa hats to wear for photos that will be used on this year's Christmas cards - sitting on the beach chairs on Labadee, with Santa hats and swimsuits; and/or Formal Night attire w/ Santa hats. If the photos are good, it will be the first time for us sending picture Christmas cards.

Finding a day to have that pre-cruise dinner will be the difficult part...he's busy umpiring high school and Legion baseball...and we have The Next Cruise two weeks from today!! (Suitcases are ALMOST finished...)

Also stopped at Goodwill this morning. Found a coral knit top (Banana Republic) and a silky print scarf to go with it. Not bad for $3.00!:)

Taking Christmas pictures is a great idea. My husband and I take pictures too. A lot of times we will go to a store that has lots of decorations and take our picture next to them. We all so have the picture cards made up. This has made it very easy to send cards out. I all so print the address out, put in one of those (you either love them or hate them) Christmas letters. It just goes a lot faster this way.

Love the idea of a Santa hat picture while on a cruise! We are doing a family cruise in early November for Hubby's 60th. His first vacation ever with both of his kids (ugly divorce) and their spouses. We have never done the picture thing with Christmas cards. However, I think this year will be the first. I can see it...us in our Santa hats and swimsuits sitting on a beach. Loving it!!! Thanks for the great idea!!!

Love the idea of a Santa hat picture while on a cruise! We are doing a family cruise in early November for Hubby's 60th. His first vacation ever with both of his kids (ugly divorce) and their spouses. We have never done the picture thing with Christmas cards. However, I think this year will be the first. I can see it...us in our Santa hats and swimsuits sitting on a beach. Loving it!!! Thanks for the great idea!!!

And don't forget one of the little umbrellas in your drink.

Possible Christmas Card photos:

-Sitting on beach loungers, umbrella drink in hand, Santa hat

-Standing at the ship rail at sunset, dressed in Formal attire (me in a red dress, DH with red bow tie)

I like both of those scenarios:cool::)! Don't know which will work...We have never done photo cards, and only one pose will be chosen....

Hair color and cut yesterday. This is a record for me - the longest I have stayed with the same stylist. Chelsie knows my hair and makes me happyicon14.gif.

Tuesday is Mani/Pedi/Eyebrow Wax Day. The next week will be a busy one!!

Edited by indiana71