transport Orlando to port canaveral??

ROBINBIRDIE66

Hi,

I'm taking a trip in May on Freedom. We are flying into Orlando airport and are wondering what is the best way to get to Port Canaveral. Anyone have any recommendations on taxi companies, car services, etc? Or should I just book the shuttle through RCI (even though it seemed pricey)?

Thanks,

Robin

Hi,

I'm taking a trip in May on Freedom. We are flying into Orlando airport and are wondering what is the best way to get to Port Canaveral. Anyone have any recommendations on taxi companies, car services, etc? Or should I just book the shuttle through RCI (even though it seemed pricey)?

Thanks,

Robin

best thing to do is rent a car. its about an hours drive and the car rental companies have locations near the port with shuttles to get you back and forth to the agency. we used budget. cheaper than the shuttle.

Hi,

Thanks,

Robin

Check out the Florida Departures board for lots of info.

If we arrive the day before the cruise, we rent a car to have flexibility that evening. If we arrive the day of the cruise, we use Cocoa Beach shuttle. The Cocoa Beach shuttle will give a 10% discount if you mention Cruise Critic.

Bob

I've done this three times and the easiest way is to rent a car (look for discount codes on mousesavers.com) it is a straight shot to the cruise terminal and the car rental place (all on the same highway) plus several hotels (Radison for example).

B J

We fly in a day early, rent a car for a day and drop it off near the port. The rental car agencies all seem to have a van to deliver you (and pick you up again) to the ship. Its a bargain and very convenient, I think it runs about $50. Florida is a good place to rent cars as they don't seem to penalize you for one-way rentals.

If you are flying in the day before I would also reccomend renting a car. Should be able to get one for less than $50 is it is just the two of you. on the return day we book with cocoa beach shuttle with the cc discount which runs about $50 as well per couple. Its about the same as the car but without the hassle.

If you are flying in the day of your cruise I would reccomend cocoa beach shuttle both directions. don't forget to ask them for the cc discount.

We fly in a day early, rent a car for a day and drop it off near the port. The rental car agencies all seem to have a van to deliver you (and pick you up again) to the ship. Its a bargain and very convenient, I think it runs about $50. Florida is a good place to rent cars as they don't seem to penalize you for one-way rentals.

Beware of Thrifty - it does impose a $17 drop-off fee for a one-way rental from Orlando to Cape Canaveral. Only one that I found that did so in that area, though.

Do look for coupon codes (including using your Costco card, if you have one, good rates there).

During the first week in January Dollar/Thrifty was the best price even including the $17 drop-off fee. Other companies had no drop-off fee but a much higher daily rate.

I used the coupon code for the Oralndo Magicard.

Returning from Port Canaveral to Orlando, Dollar/Thrifty had a $40 drop-off charge and the best rate was from Avis. Of course, this may vary depending upon the promotional code you use.

Don't book RJ transportation or Orlando Transportation. We took our TA's advice (wrong...) to use RJ, he never showed up, but did send Orlando to get us instead. Said he would have a van with seatbelts to install my two sons car and booster seat...bus that was sent only had lap belts which are no good with the booster. The transfer to port was 45 mins late leaving our hotel, from port we were almost an hour late.

Travelynx had a tonne of shuttles at the port when we were there, and the shuttles from the cocoa beach hotels and car rental companies were very visible and came regularly. We had lots of time to make interesting observations while we were waiting :)

We stayed in Orlando the night prior to our Cruise in January 2010 and we used this service. Keep in mind that they will make stops at 2 or 3 other hotels and pick up passengers going to Port Canaveral too.

Transportation $35.00 per person round trip from Hotel to Cruise Terminal/From Cruise Terminal to Airport. You will pay cash to the driver the day of the cruise. AAA Access Transportation Ph. 407-832-1650. http://www.aaa-access-transport.com/

Keep in mind this was the pricing last year and may vary now, but is roundtrip.

Depending on the size of your party, a limo service might be cheaper than the cruise line transfers and much more comfortable / convenient. We used happy limo last year, based on a recommendation from mousesavers.com (who also has a coupon code for the limo)...and they were excellent. We got a Suburban, but they have vehicles of various sizes, including big limos...they were waiting at the airport with a sign at the appointed time. Very polite...seems well run. We got in the night before the cruise and stayed at the Raddison at the Port, who had their own shuttle to the port. Worked out very well without a rental car.

Regards,

Bill

Check out the Florida Departures board for lots of info.

If we arrive the day before the cruise, we rent a car to have flexibility that evening. If we arrive the day of the cruise, we use Cocoa Beach shuttle. The Cocoa Beach shuttle will give a 10% discount if you mention Cruise Critic.

Bob

This is the Florida Departures Board. I also agree that if you arrive a day before renting a car is good because of the flexibility it gives you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We paid $83.74 for three of us from Orlando to Port Canaveral cruise

in a private towncar and $132.50 for six of us from Port Canaveral

cruise to Orlando in a stretch limousine. Free stop at Walmart to pick

up some last minute items.

Contact Michael at 321-505-0009 Executive vip limo

we used BEACHLINE TRANSPORTATION in Dec...ok, once the driver finally told us WHERE to meet him...he kept telling us wrong areas and seemed confused and didnt know anything about the discount we were suppose to get by mentioning CC--lots of wasted time.

we are looking into Cocoa Beach hotels that offer Fly, Snooze and Cruise pkgs for our Dec cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been checking quotes online and it seems like they're charging up to $40 for a one-way fee when returning to MCO... I think this was with Dollar Rent A Car... anyone else finding that??

I've been checking quotes online and it seems like they're charging up to $40 for a one-way fee when returning to MCO... I think this was with Dollar Rent A Car... anyone else finding that??

Dollar is the only one I have ever heard of charging the fee. Check with Avis, Budget, Hertz, and Enterprise. They are all here and will shuttle you to/from the ship.

We rented a van from MCO to Port (did a couple days at Disney in between). We used Dollar and they charged $17 for the one way rental but it was still cheaper to go through them than the other companies. For the return to the airport though the car rental route didn't work out to be cheaper so we went with a shuttle through cruisexpress. They were fabulous and the best price we found at $20pp. I highly recommend cruisexpress. The owner's name is Wanda and she was great to deal with. She replies to all emails promptly.

Archived