Help from Regent Prime 7 gourmets

As much as I love the béarnaise sauce at the Prime 7 Steakhouse on Regent I have come to be a big fan of their bbq sauce as well. While my lips are sealed is to how I acquired the ingredients, I have! Unfortunately I lack the culinary skill to turn the ingredients into the sauce. I don't the 'steps' and method that is applied to the ingredients. Can anyone help? I've met a lot of fellow guests with great culinary talent.

Here are the ingredients:

220 gr Veg oil (don't know what kind)

400 gr red onion small dice

200 gr celery ribs small dice

500 gr ketchup

500 gr chili sauce

120 gr apple juice

160 gr worcester sauce

220 gr soy sauce

120 gr honey

200 gr sugar

2 tsp celery seeds

2 tbsp dry mustard

These are the ingredients. Any ides how to turn them into Prime 7 BBQ sauce? Also, would love your take on how you rank the sauce with your favorites.

Thanks for any ideas.

I am not one to really try to make BBQ/ sauce from scratch as we have some local pre made sauces that are quite good. Albert g's is the best, but you can go just about anywhere and get kc masterpiece which is quite good.

However, were t to be making this, I would sauté the onion and celery in the veg oil till pretty well. Cooked then add in the other ingredients. I guarantee it will be pretty good.

Something is missing. I think it must be water or wine. I think you need to cook slowly the onions and celery and strain them, and reduce the liquid. Then mix the other ingredients into the reduction. And the quantity of the oil sounds wrong too.... it would be very very oily with 2 declitres of oil! Plus 500g of ketchup and chili sauce is a LITRE in total -- Now I think about it maybe these quantities are made for 100 passengers at a time?

I would reduce them all...

Archived