January weather

214fingerman214

Long range weather is no different than what's the weather going to be like tomorrow.

You just never know.

In general expect the ports to have highs in the 70's or 80's but it will seem warmer because of the humidity.

Galveston will be much more unpredictable so check the weather a couple of days before. It might be rainy or sunny or warm or cool.

Keith

Been cruising in January for the last 3 or 4 years.

It'll be warm enough for shorts and swimsuits......I'm not sure about Galveston but I always leave MO in winter clothes and change as soon as I get to a warmer climate.

We like to cruise out of NOLA and avoid the additional airfare $$$. NOLA like Galveston can be variable during the winter months.

Two cruises in December and no need for any warm clothes. On one cruise in March we were cool for about a day, but a heavy sweatshirt was enough. No need to double pack!

Get that group together and go. Regardless of the weather in Galveston for sail away, by the next day and through the time to all the ports you should have swimsuit weather during the days. Enjoy.

Galveston could be almost anything - but by your first sea day you will feel pretty warm.

Agree and it can be foggy too.

On our first cruise in December out of NOLA it was warm. I woke during the first night and looked out onto the balcony and it was a complete white out. Opened the balcony door and reached my arm out and could see nothing beyond my elbow. That was a new experience for me.

So put fog on your agenda and be willing to adjust your travel schedule for embarkation. We are planning our next cruise for April and it's about a 5 hour drive. But if fog is expected we will leave the day before.

Gotta be flexible when it comes to the weather cause the ship won't wait for you!

Archived