PH in room dining

Love.II.Cruise

can you order from any restaurant for dinner (including specialty restaurants) for in cabin dining? If so, do you need to do a pre-order by certain time with the butler to arrange it?

yes

yes

yes

yes

Thanks! How soon do you need to pre-order? Also, is that in writing in the brochure?

THIS time I want to do this a couple nights. The last time we had a horrible butler - who didn't do squat and did not earn his tip (we should have removed them). Our butler couldn't even get us extra nights in the specialty restaurants - we had to do it ourselves.

If this happens again (about dining in cabin), I'll be complaining on day 2. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

Can you order from any restaurant for dinner (including specialty restaurants) for in cabin dining? If so, do you need to do a pre-order by certain time with the butler to arrange it?

You can order from any restaurant and do not have to pre-order dinner at any certain time..just make sure you have time before the restaurant closes..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

There isn't actually an official pre-order requirement, but the the real world reality is that each Butler services more than one Suite, and advance notice gives them the ability to stagger the workload.

room-service.jpg

Oceania really plays up Cabin Service in the Suites, and what with the tablecloths, glassware, china and silver, it's a labor intensive process even before the very first morsel of food reaches your lips.

I agree with Jim & Stan, it's just common sense to give your butler the right

amount of time to plan. You'll have a better dinner for it. But some people think they

can just call any time the want---and the butler will drop everything for them because they think their so special.

Rick

I have to say that at least on several occasions we gave last minute notice but because we didn't know until late that we didn't feel like going to one of the restaurants.

But we also told our butler there was no rush. If we decided at 7 that we wanted to eat in the suite (generally not that late, however), we wouldn't expect him to be able to turn around on a dime.

Mura

We eat most of our (small) dinners in the suite and are always our butler's first service which they love before the rush of 7:30-8:00. We tell him on day one and each afternoon he stops in for our two course order . Butlers love regularity which is one thing hard to come by.

We eat most of our (small) dinners in the suite and are always our butler's first service which they love before the rush of 7:30-8:00. We tell him on day one and each afternoon he stops in for our two course order . Butlers love regularity which is one thing hard to come by.

This is absolutely true.

We tend to let the butler know in advance what we want. When he stops by earlier in the day is usually when we gave him our dinner order.

Like orchestrapal, we like eating early, but indeed are flexible. The butlers appreciate that.

The brochure says (paraphrasing) "dine course by course in your cabin" - the implication being that you can order now and have your food delivered in 10 minutes. Reality is different.

Perfect time to add...we have been extremely impressed with the butlers we have had over the years. They do an incredible job.

gary

Just wonder if we dine in suite and want few glasses of wine, do we have to order our glasses one at a time or will they bring the bottle? We often have a glass of white and then a few glasses of red!! :) We have taken the drinks package..

Just wonder if we dine in suite and want few glasses of wine, do we have to order our glasses one at a time or will they bring the bottle? We often have a glass of white and then a few glasses of red!! :) We have taken the drinks package..

The wine arrives pre-poured, glass by glass, unless your cabin comes with the services of a Butler, in which case he will usually open the bottle(s) in your presence and serve until you are satisfied.

To be sure I understand how this would work with a butler, and on the Prestige drinks package -

We would order our dinner, along with our chosen wine/wines, and state the time we would like to be served our dinner. The butler will serve our dinner and our wine to us in our room. Correct?

In another scenario, what if we are getting ready for dinner and would like a cocktail, is this something we would ask our butler for, or room service for, or just pop up to a bar and get it and bring it back to the room?

To be sure I understand how this would work with a butler, and on the Prestige drinks package -

We would order our dinner, along with our chosen wine/wines, and state the time we would like to be served our dinner. The butler will serve our dinner and our wine to us in our room. Correct?

In another scenario, what if we are getting ready for dinner and would like a cocktail, is this something we would ask our butler for, or room service for, or just pop up to a bar and get it and bring it back to the room?

The Butlers handle all Room Service requests (both food and beverage) for their cabins, therefore, Passengers in the Suites don't call Room Service directly. Their Butler handles it all.

butler-service.jpg...absolutely everything arrives on a silver salver with a starched napkin... a person could get spoiled.

Edited by StanandJim