Lanyards/yes or no

TheDivineMrsM

Small purse for me...pocket for hubby. Unless you want to look like you're at a convention, don't use lanyards! What do you do with a hotel key? Do the same thing!

Edited by cb at sea

I keep mine in my pocket since I like the freedom of not lugging a bag or anything.

We saw quite a few people wearing lanyards. No one was pointing or laughing at them. Do what works best for you. If I didn't have pockets I'd probably use a lanyard since I don't want to carry even the tiniest purse around on the ship.

As a percentage of the passengers aboard the ship, very few use them. Those that do use them seem to love them.

We never saw the need to have one hanging around my neck and a wrist strap will just get old real quick.

It travels in my pocket or my book aboard ship or in a small fanny pack on my waist when ashore.

Only recently, have I started wearing a lanyard. Needless to say husband wouldn't be caught dead with one on!

I love it, it's very practical for me. I don't carry a purse on board because all you need is your cabin card. Some of my shorts do not have pockets and the lanyard works perfectly.

What works for me is a pocket.

If you have a card you always carry eg. a credit card, carry your cruise card the same way. If not, there are no expensive options so feel free to try them all. A lanyard under your shirt is an option if you feel self-conscious.

I didn't like lanyards when I was working and don't want to wear one now I'm retired. I carry a camera with me every time I leave my cabin (never know what interesting sights I might see) so I carry a small purse. I tuck my key card into a side pocket.

Only recently, have I started wearing a lanyard. Needless to say husband wouldn't be caught dead with one on!

I love it, it's very practical for me. I don't carry a purse on board because all you need is your cabin card. Some of my shorts do not have pockets and the lanyard works perfectly.

Yes, for outfits with no pockets, I'm thinking of getting a wrist lanyard. I hate carry a handbag if I don't have to, even a small one.

I must have a bouncy sort of walk, since the neck lanyards bounce from one side of my body to the other when I walk, and drive me mad. And when I go out into the wind, the card flies up and smacks me in the face! :( So a wrist lanyard is the next attempt.