Some other Maasdam observations

Orcrone

A few other things I thought of. The stateroom had the old hair dryer permanently mounted in the bathroom. It also had a portable 220 Volt hair dryer. DW claims it's powerful. We stuck it out the window and pointed it towards the Caribbean Sea. It's now the Caribbean Pond.:D

Dutch night was Friday night. However, the selections were standard dining room fare, no Dutch selections. Someone claimed that the Maasdam had a new chef for this cruise. I don't remember exactly what was on the menu, as we ate at the Pinnacle. Just remember thinking that nothing looked any different than what I had already seen.

They had NE cruise items at 75% off. I didn't bring enough workout clothes, so I bought a NE/Canada shirt for $2.99.

I enjoyed the Wajang theater, but could have used more leg room. The popcorn seems to be made early in the day. It was always cold.

I liked having the Java Cafe, but it seemed underutilized. That deck does not get a lot of activity during the day, when the Cafe is open.

Orcrone....

Do you have your "Who's Aboard" they gave out the last night in place of daily program? If you do, would you check to see who was your Exec Chef.....was Chef Franz (tall, broad gentleman, red hair-beard) still aboard? I'm very curious if he is still there. Thanks if you are able to verify.

Orcrone....

Do you have your "Who's Aboard" they gave out the last night in place of daily program? If you do, would you check to see who was your Exec Chef.....was Chef Franz (tall, broad gentleman, red hair-beard) still aboard? I'm very curious if he is still there. Thanks if you are able to verify.

Sail,

The exec chef is Martin Groenendijk (glad I don't have to pronouce that).

One other thing. After hearing about the small 'half' lobster tail on formal night I ordered two. Each entree arrived with two lobster tails, quite generous indeed. So I was obligated to have four tails that night.:D

One other thing. After hearing about the small 'half' lobster tail on formal night I ordered two. Each entree arrived with two lobster tails, quite generous indeed. So I was obligated to have four tails that night.:D

And I'm sure you did your duty, swallowed your pride - and all 4 tails!

:rolleyes: -dave

Archived