Snacks?

Adrieske

I see lots of mentions of snacks for the kids. Are there not kid snack foods readily available? At home, my kids (7,4, almost 2) eat fruit, veggies, yogurt, crackers, etc. Won't I be able to find that kind of thing on board? I am thinking either buffet or room service should have something, right? I was thinking of packing some fruit buddy packets or something similar to have on our port days invade the kids don't care for the food we have access to, but since we will just be in Mexico, I'm sure we'll be able to find something. We will be on the Carnival Ecstacy. Thanks!

You can find those things on the ship, but I'm also bringing pre-packaged snack bags (crackers, cookies, fruit chews) for my 2 yr old for ports and just around the ship when you don't have access to fruit or yogurt or whatever at the time.

If you're on the ship I don't think it's a problem at all, especially for the 7 and 4 year old. If you get off of the ship you can't bring fresh fruit or unsealed snacks and for our 21 month old that could be a long day at the beach without a snack. This is our first cruise with her so we don't really know what to expect from her, but a few snacks she is familiar with will go a long way in making her happy, ie, making us happy. :)

If you're on the ship I don't think it's a problem at all, especially for the 7 and 4 year old. If you get off of the ship you can't bring fresh fruit or unsealed snacks and for our 21 month old that could be a long day at the beach without a snack. This is our first cruise with her so we don't really know what to expect from her, but a few snacks she is familiar with will go a long way in making her happy, ie, making us happy. :)

Some countries don't allow dairy products as well.. So no baby bottles with milk.

You can also get small boxes of cereal from the buffet. On Carnival there are usually a few different kinds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can order these from room service too, even if it is not on the menu ask for most of the time room service will have no problem grabbing an apple or something simple like that.

There is plenty for kids to eat. However, if your child is tied to a particular snack or brand of food,bring it along in case its not available. You can usually purchase snacks like candy, chips etc in the gift shop onboard. They will have yogurt, fruit,bread, bagels, sweets, boxed cereal for breakfasts. Pizza and ice cream are available 24/7. There is a NY style deli open 11am -11pm. There is always room service also. There will be something for your kids to eat at all times. I sometimes bring a small box of crackers or cheez-its for the room also.

I see lots of mentions of snacks for the kids. Are there not kid snack foods readily available? At home, my kids (7,4, almost 2) eat fruit, veggies, yogurt, crackers, etc. Won't I be able to find that kind of thing on board? I am thinking either buffet or room service should have something, right? I was thinking of packing some fruit buddy packets or something similar to have on our port days invade the kids don't care for the food we have access to, but since we will just be in Mexico, I'm sure we'll be able to find something. We will be on the Carnival Ecstacy. Thanks!

We always pack snacks for port days and in case there's a long wait to board. Anytime we leave the ship, I have a backpack with water and snacks in it so I don't have to drop what we're doing to track down food/drink for a hungry/thirsty/cranky kid. Except for cereal boxes, there aren't snacks or food you can take off the ship, so we bring pre-packaged ones.

Best,

Mia

I went on one when DS was 18 mos he's never been picky and we didn't bring any of our own snacks onboard... we did just fine there's plenty for kids to snack on :) In my opinion of course. We took the cereal packs off in port suggestion, if memory serves. But while on the ship there were no snack challenges.

Archived