Viking Ships ~ Morning Exercise

Bet & Peg

Any one who's sailed on Viking recently - are they still offering a morning exercise class???

Last year on the Neptune (Saone/Rhone Rivers) there was a 7am Morning Exercise Class of QiGong that I enjoyed SO much. I was just wondering if its still offered on all or some of their ships.

Just beginning to really think of packing! Thanks much!

Seems to be offered on all their cruises. Last year on our Rhone cruise there was a couple married 70 yrs that took the class. He was 93 and she was 92. It's a great way to start the day. If only I could keep it up when I get home, oh well!

last year the morning exercises were QiGong - a gentle form of stretching - that anyone could do! There were only about 4 of us who attended every day- but I thought it a great positive, gentle way to begin the day!

I'm hoping its an option on our next cruise - that why I'm asking if it was available on any Viking cruises this year!

I saw no sign of an exercise program on a Viking Grand European.

I do remember that when the Top Deck was open, some Bozo would run the Walking Track at dawn. We were on the 3rd Deck, just under the Track and the thumping from above was plenty loud.

The same day I decided to get up and talk to the person, they had finally stopped. I figure someone talked to them the day before.

I understand that regular exercise may be a requirement for health reasons in the age bracket we're working in, but a schedule adjustment is better than drawing early morning hatred from your fellow passengers.

When in port, there were frequently jogging paths on or near the waterfront and I saw folks from the ship using them. I would expect that to be much better than a short track on top of the ship.

jacksonnh ~ Thanks Much - you are SO correct - on last year's cruise, QiGong was held in the lounge at 7am and it is done to very quiet music - no jumping or running, just gentle stretching. While I do enjoy a yoga class sometimes, I'm not really "into" Eastern meditation or anything but QiGong was a wonderful way to begin the day! Just wondering if it was still being offered - I'll miss it if it isn't on our cruise!

Archived