Celebrity Segway Tour in Bermuda?

20pluscruises

We saw the Segway tour underway while we were in Bermuda last week. Looked like fun!

I would much rather book it independently than through the cruiseline.

Have you posted your question on the Bermuda ports of call forum? The people there will advise you on the best way to book this tour.

Has Celebrity or anyone had past problems with the Bermuda Segway Tour Company. Does anyone know why Celebrity doesn't offer the Segway Tour in Bermuda? Seeking much needed info. Thanks!

I did the Segway tour at the Dockyard about five years ago. Booked it myself, not through the cruise line. Riding the Segway is fun. You'll sign a waiver, go through a short training session, then ride behind the tour leader. You wear a headset receiver so you can hear the tour leader describe everything.

I think it was ninety minutes, and I found my ankles and calf muscles got tired. Ninety minutes was plenty.

We did the Segway tour last year in Bermuda and had a good time. The tour was "basic", but the Segway was fun. You book it right in the dockyard. I imagine it is not worth while for X to carry the tour, their mark up would make the price unattractive. We plan on doing the tour again this week in Bermuda, we sail Sunday.

We saw the Segway tour underway while we were in Bermuda last week. Looked like fun!

I would much rather book it independently than through the cruiseline.

Have you posted your question on the Bermuda ports of call forum? The people there will advise you on the best way to book this tour.

Thanks! I'll check that out!

Cruiselines "partner" with Providers... Which means that Celebrity / RC sets the parameters... As well as the pricing (often 2x the going rate, so they can make a profit too)

Some Independent Cos are ok with that and some are not (having a partner with too much say)

Unless it is a sketchy Port of Call, or there is a HUGE language barrier or complicated transportation issues... we organize our own Activites & Excursions... Tons cheaper

I suggest that you check out the following resources:

* The Ports of Call Forums here on CC

* Your CC Roll Call to see what returning Cruisers have done successfully in the past

* Bermuda's Official Tourism Website

* and CCs sister website... TripAdvisor. The latter can provide Reviews of various attractions. And their Forums might give you even more insight into the company from TAs Destination Experts & local alike (always a good thing... I never plan a vacation without consulting TA)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!