Return Flight Time after DCL Dream Cruise

LissyTx

Howdy, hoping someone can help...

So I thought I read somewhere that Disney Transfers are available for flights departing after 11:30am. We booked an 11:55 return flight. When I am doing the online check in and it asks me for after cruise plans, it popped up a warning saying my flight time might be too early. (It also has the Disney Transfers box grayed out so I cannot select it.)

I really thought an 11:55 flight would be doable. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Melissa

So I thought I read somewhere that Disney Transfers are available for flights departing after 11:30am. We booked an 11:55 return flight. When I am doing the online check in and it asks me for after cruise plans, it popped up a warning saying my flight time might be too early. (It also has the Disney Transfers box grayed out so I cannot select it.)

Thanks!

Melissa

My only thought is since your flight time is OK, and it's a domestic flight (right?), You should be able to select DCL transfers. Call them and ask why you can't.

Our flight was at 11:35AM, we purchased transfers. When I went into my account during online check in, I also could not click "How are you getting to the airport". DCL transfers were grayed out. It was no problem, when I got my booklet, I filled out the airport checkin coupon and gave it to the cast member. We had no problems getting off the ship, taking the DCL bus and getting to the airport in plenty of time.

Also we put out our checked luggage the night before and never saw it again until we got to our home airport.

We took late breakfast and were later getting off the ship, took the cruise line transfer and we got to the airport at 10AM. We didn't want to get there that early since our flight was much later but there we were. If we had taken earlier breakfast and rushed off as soon as we were able to get off we could have gotten there much earlier...

Thank you all so much for the information. Appreciate the specific info you shared, I learned about late breakfast since I'd rather kill time on the ship than in the airport with an 11 month old. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all so much for the information. Appreciate the specific info you shared, I learned about late breakfast since I'd rather kill time on the ship than in the airport with an 11 month old. Thanks!!!

If you have main dining and want late breakfast, talk to your head server the night before--he'll find a place to seat you buy likely not with you servers. DO NOT just show up for late breakfast. They will handle it, but it makes a mess for the CMs. Alternatively, there is breakfast on the pool deck.

If you have main dining and want late breakfast' date=' talk to your head server the night before--he'll find a place to seat you buy likely not with you servers. DO NOT just show up for late breakfast. They will handle it, but it makes a mess for the CMs. Alternatively, there is breakfast on the pool deck.[/quote']

Wow so much I don't know! We've cruised on RCL but never anyone else so we don't know what we don't know. [emoji6]

Thanks!

Melissa

Your flight time is completely within DCL guidelines for transfers. You do need to call DCL to add/pay for the transfers.

Wow so much I don't know! We've cruised on RCL but never anyone else so we don't know what we don't know. [emoji6]

There are 2 seatings for breakfast on the last day, to correspond with the two dinner seatings. Early dinner = early breakfast. You are at your assigned table with your servers. However, at breakfast there are lots of people who don't like their assigned time. If you have a late flight, you don't want to be up at 6 am...but if you have late dinner and want to get to either the airport or WDW ASAP, you might want to eat earlier.

SO, if you talk to the head server in advance, he'll make arrangements for you. Otherwise, you can go to the pool deck where breakfast service stops PROMPTLY at 8:30 am. You can stay and eat till 9, but line closes at 8:30.