DD on Adventure and Allure

I know that DD is going fleet wide. When will Adventure and Allure have it? Also will there be no main dining room offered at all? Not impressed with the DD menus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I know that DD is going fleet wide. When will Adventure and Allure have it? Also will there be no main dining room offered at all? Not impressed with the DD menus.

DD is NOT going fleet wide.

It will be on the Oasis starting March 2015 if all goes as planned. There are no current plans to bring it to any other ship at this time.

As per my friend currently working on Oasis!

DD is NOT going fleet wide.

It will be on the Oasis starting March 2015 if all goes as planned. There are no current plans to bring it to any other ship at this time.

As per my friend currently working on Oasis!

There have been numerous reports that DD will also be introduced on the Freedom during her Dry dock in January.

Sorry if I upset some about asking about DD. Thought cruisecritic was for info. We will be a large group sailing with over half being their first cruise. Since I have sailed I am the appointed one to gather info. It is hard when everyone is in different towns. And they are asking questions. Guess I will tell them to wait and we will see what happens.

Sorry if I upset some about asking about DD. Thought cruisecritic was for info. We will be a large group sailing with over half being their first cruise. Since I have sailed I am the appointed one to gather info. It is hard when everyone is in different towns. And they are asking questions. Guess I will tell them to wait and we will see what happens.

When are you sailing? If it is going to be rolled out to a ship it would be after a drydock.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

May 2015 on Adventure and May 2016 on Allure.

My guess is that you'll be fine on the Adventure and have Traditional, I don't think she has a dry dock scheduled between now and then. Good possibility that Allure may have it since her dry dock is late spring 2015.

unless whoever reads this is a frequent reader on CC, they won't have a clue what DD means

I did a search with no answer. AND my question still not answered. Will MDR still be an option? Simple question. If not going to answer, please don't bash the posters (not just me but anyone who posts). Not everyone is savvy on how to use this site.

I did a search with no answer. AND my question still not answered. Will MDR still be an option? Simple question. If not going to answer, please don't bash the posters (not just me but anyone who posts). Not everyone is savvy on how to use this site.

With DD, the MDR as we know it now will not exist.

Amen! I always try to search first, but, sometimes you have to sift through tons of info to find one mention or it's old so you are interested in current info. These are supposed to be happy things we are thinking about, a future vacation. I recommend this forum to anyone I meet that is thinking about a cruise, if they lurk as I started before I figured things out these people would turn newbies off to post. There should be no dumb question, obviously if they knew the answer they wouldn't ask. If it's that bad, DO NOT RESPOND. I don't frequent this unless I have a cruise planned as we do a variety of vacations and we have limited time off. I still am figuring things out as the format changed since the last time around.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cereal, thank you for an answer. Now I can tell the others and start making other plans.

Wow, a very very sad and common knee-jerk uninformed reaction on CC recently to something that has not even been experienced yet by anyone on any ship. The saddest part is maybe the new cruisers in this group will be denied the unbelievable experience the Allure provides... and since the new cruisers have no clue what MDR is, they'll likely love DD and be incredibly amazed, only to be unknowingly denied by very poor biased knee-jerk decision. OP, I truly think you should be gathering more information.

I truly hope all DD haters have the integrity and courage to try DD and if it does truly impress them, to come back here on CC and tell us about it. I have DD in Dec and will be extremely critical if it fails, but I am looking forward to it going in.

On a much more positive note, I hope all the DD bashers who insist they are leaving for another cruise line truly do! That way pricing will become like Carnival the last year or so as they try to regain market share... 0% supplements for solos and various 7 day itineraries down to $299pp. I'd happily pay $200 for specialty dining during the week with a $299 cruise fare in Indy or Oasis for example :D:D:D

Cereal, thank you for an answer. Now I can tell the others and start making other plans.

You can get all the info on DD like menus etc. by just scrolling down, there are 9 threads on DD on the first 3 pages of this board and 7 more threads on page 1 of the Q boards. 16 threads in all with a ton of info/ speculation/ and drama

Edited by setsail

thanks for asking, I am going on the Adventure in May 2015 as well. I am kinda glad its not going to be on there by then.

for the record I dont mind seeing repeat posts, If I see a topic that does not interest me i dont click on it .