I'm RUNNING to the ship!

Cruise Cat

jenny105 I think you're setting sail soon. Have a great cruise and come back with a quick review to tide me over until my cruise 2 months from now

5 more walk miles in the last couple days, so 236 down/629 to go

I plan to start biking this weekend and kick some mileage butt

bob voyage? I'm pretty sure I meant to say bon voyage. I'm also pretty sure you're not reading this anymore because your cruise is about to begin. YAY!!! Have a beautiful, relaxing cruise, jenny105

so, for me, with 60 days to wait, time to get moving - 7 mi walk this morning, 15 mi bike ride this afternoon - amazing what I can get away with on Mothers Day - gone from home all day just indulging my exercise jones

278 mi down

587 to go

• 2 weeks later...

injured my foot a week ago Thursday and have been pretty sedentary - but went for a bike ride today - I think the foot might be ok for biking

another 25 mi down

so 303 mi down

562 to go

47 days

that's an avg of 12 mi/day - not good

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I would love to join this thread! I am an avid runner and walker! Getting back in shape currently. I sail out in September and I started at 1 mile a few weeks ago and am now up to a slow 2.5 miles (jogging). Love to walk with my boxer until she gets pooped. Continuing to work on 2.5 miles for a bit, also started the T25 Workout videos by Shaun T. Those are definitely a workout!

• 3 weeks later...

Great idea. My next cruise is a long way away, but that means I have lots of time to get moving. I am not a runner, so my log in the beginning will be mostly walks. My goal in the beginning will be ten miles a week. I will start recording my time on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again! It's been a while. And it's been a LONG while since I've run. I wish I had thought about this earlier because I've been trying to find the motivation and just realized how excited I was to post my updates here.

I don't know how my legs are going to react to this, but I have an average of 2.42 miles per day to go between now and my cruise the last week of October.

This will also get me back in the gym because the treadmills there work well with my ailments (lol). I considered cancelling my membership because I haven't been going. I do go to my gym at work during lunch, but that's only 30 minutes a day and I've admittedly been slacking on it lately too. I'd also like to get some weight training in as well, something that is difficult to do at my work gym because of so many people and so little time.

I'm not sure WHEN I'll start walking/running again with life being extremely hectic right now, but expect an update from me very, very soon. Wish me, my shins/calves, and my knee luck, we'll need it!!

Miles walked/ran- ZERO

Miles remaining- 196.38

Days remaining- 81

Miles walked/ran- 21.71

Miles remaining- 174.67

Days remaining- 73

I'm at approximately 2.4 miles a day average for the next 73 days, which is certainly doable given there are some days where I do 3-5 miles. I'm also planning a trip to New Orleans this month where I'm sure I'll be getting in no less than 5 miles because I walk EVERYWHERE there. I don't have a FitBit or anything, so I'm not sure how I'll gauge that, but I'll figure it out.

I've had some trouble with shin splints, which is much more tolerable than the issues I was having before. My knee seems to be doing fine, other than when I go farther than about 3 consecutive miles. The insides of my calves/shins/whatevers are pretty good so far, I started to feel some pain in them one time this week but I just stopped running and walked for the majority of the distance.

This has definitely helped me to be motivated again... but now I just need to leave... the pizza... alone. lol :p

If you have a smartphone you can download a pedometer or better yet the charity miles app. It will calculate from your GPS how far you walk each day. I want to do that when we go to Disney next year. I'm curious how much we walk around those parks. But I need a new phone first cause the GPS sucks the life out of my current phone so fast!

Edited by jenny105

If you have a smartphone you can download a pedometer or better yet the charity miles app. It will calculate from your GPS how far you walk each day. I want to do that when we go to Disney next year. I'm curious how much we walk around those parks. But I need a new phone first cause the GPS sucks the life out of my current phone so fast!

That's what I was thinking, but I don't want my data to be used the whole time :( I have a friend going with who has a FitBit, maybe I'll just make her walk everywhere I walk and then copy her info lol!

Miles walked/ran- 46.67

Miles remaining- 149.71

Days remaining- 66

Average per day remaining- 2.27... shaving it down!

• 2 weeks later...

My legs are doing good, knock on wood! The weight is not decreasing, but I'm only concerned about that because I have a weigh in next Monday and I have to be 4 pounds less than my current weight. A little ridiculous considering I've been this weight for two years now and I'm happy with it, but they aren't. I'm considered "overweight" because of my BMI, but I'm also short and was cursed with big hips from my dad's side of the family. People look at me in amazement when I tell them what they want me to lose, because I do not appear overweight in the least. So frustrating!! Anyway. Thanks to that, I'll probably get in a bit more than the average 18-20 miles in this coming week.

Edit: This weigh in is for a program related to my health insurance at work. If I lose 5% of my weight from last year (which was all of 2 pounds more than I am currently) then I get a nice little chunk of change in return. Otherwise I wouldn't be so concerned about it. That's CRUISE MONEY, after all!

Miles walked/ran- 108.67

Miles remaining- 87.71

Days remaining- 42

Average per day remaining- 2.09

Edited by tdnosnhoj11

Miles walked/ran- 147.26

Miles remaining- 49.12

Days remaining- 36

Average per day remaining- 1.37

And I met the weight goal they set for me :D:D:D They said all my levels (glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure) were perfect. They also said my pulse was a little low because of the amount of running/walking I do, which I didn't know. Whoop whoop!

Hi everyone, I recently got back into running and would love to join you! I've done several 5Ks and a couple of 4-5-mile trail races, but I've got my first 10K coming up in 3 weeks! (It's at a winery, so knowing there's wine waiting for me when I'm done should be a great motivator! :p ) I also have a 5-mile race (also at a winery!) coming up in a week, so that should be a good step up from my usual 5K to help prep for the 10K.

I'm going to start my count from the beginning of this week because I ran farther this week than I have ever run in a week before! I kind of can't believe how much I ran, but sometimes when I'm stressed or upset, I just zone out - sort of like I'm running away from all of my feelings, and on days like that I almost feel like I could just keep going forever.

I really don't know what to set for my mileage goal because I have no idea how long I'll actually be able to keep up this level of intensity. So I think I'll go with something manageable like 60 miles.

Miles ran -- 12.6

Miles remaining -- 47.4

Days remaining -- 66

Avg. per day remaining -- 0.7

Edited by perkyblue

Miles walked/ran- 147.26

Miles remaining- 49.12

Days remaining- 36

Average per day remaining- 1.37

And I met the weight goal they set for me :D:D:D They said all my levels (glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure) were perfect. They also said my pulse was a little low because of the amount of running/walking I do, which I didn't know. Whoop whoop!

Congrats on meeting your (or your health insurance company's :rolleyes: ) weight loss goal and on your running! I ran over 12.6 miles this week and am completely beat! Your 18-20-mile average is really impressive!

Edited by perkyblue

Ran 5.9 this morning. Wanted to try for 6.5, but my knee & hip were hurting. :( In happier news, I may get to go to Vegas in a couple weeks! I've never been to Vegas & have always wanted to go! :D We get back 2 days before my 10K, so I think I'll downgrade to the 5K instead. I don't think I want to try to tackle my first 10K right after a week of vacation. My knee & hip will probably thank me anyway!

Miles ran -- 18.5

Miles remaining -- 41.5

Days remaining -- 63

Avg. per day remaining -- 0.7

Congrats on meeting your (or your health insurance company's ) weight loss goal and on your running! I ran over 12.6 miles this week and am completely beat! Your 18-20-mile average is really impressive!

Thank you! I try to get in two miles on my lunch breaks and go to the gym before work. Beginning tomorrow my plan is to do two in the morning and two at lunch. That way I'll have time in the morning to get some weight training in.

I actually have logged ZERO miles in the past week. I agreed with myself that if I met their goal I would relax and eat what I want for a full week. I think I gained back what I lost LOL. I actually worked a festival this whole weekend, and I imagine I got in over 5 miles through three days. But I'm not going to count those because about 5 of my recorded miles were on the elliptical. So I'll just begin my true count again today.

Miles walked/ran- 147.26

Miles remaining- 49.12

Days remaining- 28

Average per day remaining- 1.75 (I'm actually surprised that didn't shoot up farther!)