Which SUMMIT balcony is larger?

Three Rings

Summit

I know that the cabin itself is larger in the CC class, but what about the balconies on these particular cabins?

Triangular balconies 8045 and 8046, vs Large balconies 7173, 7175, 7177, 7180, 7178, 7176?

Cabin size is less important to me than balcony size, and these two categories are my current choices. (I know the aft balconies are huge, but they are not in my budget at the moment). I know that 8045 and 8046 are Concierge Class, but even that doesn't matter to me as much as larger balcony size.

Thanks

Summit

I know that the cabin itself is larger in the CC class, but what about the balconies on these particular cabins?

Triangular balconies 8045 and 8046, vs Large balconies 7173, 7175, 7177, 7180, 7178, 7176?

Cabin size is less important to me than balcony size, and these two categories are my current choices. (I know the aft balconies are huge, but they are not in my budget at the moment). I know that 8045 and 8046 are Concierge Class, but even that doesn't matter to me as much as larger balcony size.

Thanks

If balcony size is more important than cabin size, you should take a look at the 2C category for one of the "sweet 16" cabins. There are 8 on each side on the M-Class ships.

Here is a picture of the starboard side:

2cbalconies1-vi.jpg

Notice 6016 through 6030 have balconies that are twice as deep. They are larger than any CC cabin balconies except those on the aft. On the port side, the cabin numbers are 6021-6035.

Wow Bob!!! Thank you for the picture! The deck layout certainly doesn't show that, and I couldn't find any pictures like that until you posted this one! Thanks to you, I've put a hold on of those great cabins. Any worries about noise from the theater below?

We've never stayed in one of them so I can't tell you about noise. But unless you go to bed really early, I don't see that the noise (if any) should be a problem. Try searching for "Sweet 16" or some of the cabin numbers and see what you find.

Glad I could help. The deck plans don't show a lot of things like that and many (most?) Celebrity agents and even many TAs don't know about it. I'm surprised Celebrity hasn't reclassified them to get a few more dollars for them.

My inlaws were in one of the sweet 16 last year on Summit.. they loved the room and never complained of any noise whatsoever.

They are a great find!:cool:

Do you know if they had problems with people looking down from the balcony above?? My DH is concerned about that....:rolleyes:

Thanks, Karen

Yes, the people above can see you in the outward 1/2 of the balcony ... we had these in the Med and unfortunately, that was before Celebrity outlawed smoking on the balcony .... Two different times I had a lit cigarette flicked down onto the balcony while I was out there ...If you choose to stay in the back 1/2 of the balcony the people above can't see you but your view to the sea is also reduced ....

Guest Host Cheryl
Do you know if they had problems with people looking down from the balcony above?? My DH is concerned about that....:rolleyes:

Thanks, Karen

We were on the Summit recently. We had the expanded balcony in the CC class room 6135. It had a overhang so the people above us could not see us. It also provided shade during the day.

Wow Bob!!! Thank you for the picture! The deck layout certainly doesn't show that, and I couldn't find any pictures like that until you posted this one! Thanks to you, I've put a hold on of those great cabins. Any worries about noise from the theater below?

Although it is not the same ship, on Radiance of the Seas we've had several times near the front, over the theater deck 7 E1 cabins that we selected because they also have an extra large balcony and noise was never an issue with that location.

We always do the CC-1s on the M class. However, after viewing the photos and comments, I wonder if we would be better off with a sweet sixteen. Are these cabins also CC, with all of the amenities appurtenant thereto? Also is the cabin size the same as the CC-1-i.e. 191 square feet, or is the size the smaller 170 square feet?

We always do the CC-1s on the M class. However, after viewing the photos and comments, I wonder if we would be better off with a sweet sixteen. Are these cabins also CC, with all of the amenities appurtenant thereto? Also is the cabin size the same as the CC-1-i.e. 191 square feet, or is the size the smaller 170 square feet?

I just researched this matter; and, I now remember why we did not book this designation earlier. The rooms are only 170 square feet; and, they do not feature CC amenities. That would not trouble me, but it does disturb the wife; hence, you know the name of that tune.

Thanks for the picture, Bob! We were considering booking one of these cabins on our upcoming Summit cruise but were scared off by the fact that it was so close to the theatre and the lack of privacy from overhead. We went with 2A cabin 7180 and was wondering if anyone had any pictures of this cabin? (The one big drawback to 7180 vs. the forward cabins that you show in your pic is you cannot look directly down at the ocean, but I guess every cabin has some drawbacks)...

But any info on 7180 would be greatly appreciated!

Actually, the sweet 16 balconies do look directly down on the water.

We've had 6033, 6030 & 6035, and absolutely loved it!

Never any problem with noise, either.

Our most recent cruise, we had booked 6035; our TA called to offer us a complimentary upgrade to a CC guar. cabin & we turned it down.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any hidden secrets about the SUMMIT. We have aft balcony 8176 reserved and our friends are by our side in 8185 and 8172. We know these are CC1 categories and do have a larger balcony.

We are wondering if deck seven has the same depth balcony or are they a bit larger, it may seem so from some aft pictures we've. seen.

We have mostly been on Royal and have stayed in the afts. We know a few secrets about those if anyone needs any info.

Thanks Carol

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the picture, Bob! We were considering booking one of these cabins on our upcoming Summit cruise but were scared off by the fact that it was so close to the theatre and the lack of privacy from overhead. We went with 2A cabin 7180 and was wondering if anyone had any pictures of this cabin? (The one big drawback to 7180 vs. the forward cabins that you show in your pic is you cannot look directly down at the ocean, but I guess every cabin has some drawbacks)...

But any info on 7180 would be greatly appreciated!

Looking for information on this cabin too....has anyone stayed in

7180?

Archived