Champagne Cat Sail or Cinnamon Beach?

merinski

We have only done the Champagne Cat Sail, & plan to do it again this December. Great excursion, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is it kinda a party boat or more for families? We are not looking for a party boat. Thank you

I hear people talk about this but nobody ever mentions a private tour operator. Is this through Carnival or something? I don't see it listed on my RCCL tours.

It is through the cruise ship tours. It wasn't listed for our dec. trip on Celebrity till just recently. Depending on when yours goes, it may still come available.

Cinnamon beach we were just planning on taking the cruise st. john on our own tour to get to st. john, then taxi to Cinnamon beach. I was hoping maybe someone had done both Cinnamon & honeymoon beach to say which is better for snorkeling.:)

The snorkeling is usually better at Honeymoon Beach than Cinnamon BUT there's another beach right next to Honeymoon, Solomon (you can swim to it if you're a moderately strong swimmer), that usually has better snorkeling. So if you do the catamaran, you can really go to two beaches instead of just one.

The NPS had a publication that describes the snorkeling conditions at St John beaches, but not sure if it's available online. I have a hard copy from years ago.

The snorkeling is usually better at Honeymoon Beach than Cinnamon BUT there's another beach right next to Honeymoon, Solomon (you can swim to it if you're a moderately strong swimmer), that usually has better snorkeling. So if you do the catamaran, you can really go to two beaches instead of just one.

The NPS had a publication that describes the snorkeling conditions at St John beaches, but not sure if it's available online. I have a hard copy from years ago.

Thank you. Did you go to both beaches?

I hear people talk about this but nobody ever mentions a private tour operator. Is this through Carnival or something? I don't see it listed on my RCCL tours.

Don't know about Carnival or RCCL. :o

We've always taken it through Princess.

LuLu