An early booking deal for Prinsendam Fans

kazu

We recently booked a Prinsendam cruise and I was surprised by some "extras" that we were told we would get. There was nothing indicating this when I looked at our cruise, but this morning I found this special offer for Prinsendam 2018 Europe Cruises. I haven't seen this posted before, so thought I would share in case it is of benefit to anyone looking at sailing on her.

It includes an air credit, OBC, prepaid gratuities, dine around package and for suites an internet credit. Here is a link to the HAL page http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=2018_msPrinsendam&legacy=true

Of course, we'll keep an eye on prices to see if they go down when this is lifted, but since some itineraries don't always drop in price.....

Here are the terms and conditions page copied & pasted.

"Terms & Conditions

*Prinsendam Launch Offer is based on promo RP. Air credit: US$800 per guest (US$1,600 per stateroom), applies to the purchase of air using Holland America Line’s Flight Ease program for interior and above category staterooms, and is applicable to all U.S. and Canadian gateways. Air credit is available for new bookings only and is not combinable with any other fares, or shipboard credit offers. Prepaid gratuities (hotel service charges): Holland America Line pre-pays room gratuities on behalf of guests. Gratuities do not include gratuities for bar, dining room wine accounts or spa/salon services. Onboard spending money is offered in the following amounts: Inside and Ocean-view staterooms receive US$150 per guest (US$300 per stateroom) and Suites receive US$250 per guest (US$500 per stateroom.) Onboard spending money is in U.S. dollars and applies to new bookings only. Onboard spending money is available to 1st and 2nd guests sharing a stateroom only. Dine Around Package is subject to availability in the Canaletto, Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind restaurants. Reservations and dining times will be assigned on embarkation day. Offer excludes Specialty Dining Events in the Pinnacle Grill such as Le Cirque, De Librije, Master Chef’s Table and Sommelier Dinner. US$100 Internet credit: Holland America Line cannot guarantee the availability of internet connection or speed. Offer is capacity controlled and can modified or withdrawn without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. Ships’ Registry: The Netherlands."

Thanks, Kazu. We just booked late yesterday and got the same promo. I, too, was surprised.

We actually had two choices for fares, too. The first one was regular, website pricing, with the above mentioned perks. The second option was paying less but the deposit was non-refundable and we could not re-fare to a different promotion. Since our cruise isn't for some time, we went with the more flexible (higher) fare in the hopes that prices will drop a wee bit and/or another promotion that has greater value to us comes out. Since we were planning to book our flights on points, the air credit doesn't mean much to us.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Thanks, Kazu. We just booked late yesterday and got the same promo. I, too, was surprised.

We actually had two choices for fares, too. The first one was regular, website pricing, with the above mentioned perks. The second option was paying less but the deposit was non-refundable and we could not re-fare to a different promotion. Since our cruise isn't for some time, we went with the more flexible (higher) fare in the hopes that prices will drop a wee bit and/or another promotion that has greater value to us comes out. Since we were planning to book our flights on points, the air credit doesn't mean much to us.

Thanks for mentioning that Alberta Quilter :) I forgot.

I did ask about it without it too. My difference was negligible (for a change;) ) and like you, with it non refundable I was not interested.

I don't usually use HAL's air but since we have two one way flights, if HAL permits one flight only, I may consider it. Like you, we use our points - especially for travel across the pond :)

Edited by kazu

Thanks for mentioning that Alberta Quilter :) I forgot.

I did ask about it without it too. My difference was negligible (for a change;) ) and like you, with it non refundable I was not interested.

I don't usually use HAL's air but since we have two one way flights, if HAL permits one flight only, I may consider it. Like you, we use our points - especially for travel across the pond :)

The price differential for the two of us was almost $6K! It was a hard decision but since we have 18 months to the cruise, we chose the flexibility. I have my doubts that the fare will drop but I'm sure there will be other promotions (whether or not they're good for us is another story).

Thanks kazu, might just have to check one or two sailings out. Have never been on the Prinsendam......yet;)

Check out the May 5th Azores or the May 19th Celtic Explorer - or the collectors ;).

We really enjoy the ship - although some things are familiar, she has a lot of touches that you won't find on any other HAL ship and the crew have always been fantastic on our cruises.

The price differential for the two of us was almost $6K! It was a hard decision but since we have 18 months to the cruise, we chose the flexibility. I have my doubts that the fare will drop but I'm sure there will be other promotions (whether or not they're good for us is another story).

WOW AB! That's a big difference.

That's been the situation I have been in, in the past whenever there were "deals" offered. This time, it was negligible.

If the price goes down, I will certainly do the math and may opt to drop the "perks" but the price is less than what I had paid last time in U.S. $ and I booked in Canadian this time (of course) :eek:

Kazu, did you notice that there is another promotion for certain locations? It is a pre-cruise hotel/exclusive tour package called Signature Experiences available in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Rome & Venice. It was offered to me for our Prinsendam cruise out of Amsterdam. It says it's free for those who book suites, which I believe you do. Guests in other categories can book the package at a cost. Here is the link: http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=2018Europe_SignatureExperiences&legacy=true

We do not book suites so it was too expensive for us. I was quoted ~C$2600 for the package but the two night hotel stay alone was C$1300. That means that the other C$1300 covered the cost of the exclusive museum tour, and the dinner for the two of us. Of course, that assumes that the hotel is the same for each package. That is just too pricy for me. However, if you get it for free by booking a suite that you would book anyway, it's a good deal. I just wanted to bring it to your attention. I'll start another thread about it so others are aware. The link is a little hidden on the HAL website.

Kazu, did you notice that there is another promotion for certain locations? It is a pre-cruise hotel/exclusive tour package called Signature Experiences available in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Rome & Venice. It was offered to me for our Prinsendam cruise out of Amsterdam. It says it's free for those who book suites, which I believe you do. Guests in other categories can book the package at a cost. Here is the link: http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=2018Europe_SignatureExperiences&legacy=true

We do not book suites so it was too expensive for us. I was quoted ~C$2600 for the package but the two night hotel stay alone was C$1300. That means that the other C$1300 covered the cost of the exclusive museum tour, and the dinner for the two of us. Of course, that assumes that the hotel is the same for each package. That is just too pricy for me. However, if you get it for free by booking a suite that you would book anyway, it's a good deal. I just wanted to bring it to your attention. I'll start another thread about it so others are aware. The link is a little hidden on the HAL website.

Thanks Alberta Quilter. How very thoughtful of you ;). I didn't see that so I will take a look, but DAM, if it's just pre-cruise it won't do me any good as we start in FLL. Now, if there was a post cruise package I could use it ;) as we end in Amsterdam. Really appreciate your kindness in mentioning it. Thank you :)

Edited to say - went to look - no Prinsendam sailings apply. Appears to be Oosterdam, Zuiderdam & Koningsdam sailings only.

Edited by kazu

Thanks Alberta Quilter. How very thoughtful of you ;). I didn't see that so I will take a look, but DAM, if it's just pre-cruise it won't do me any good as we start in FLL. Now, if there was a post cruise package I could use it ;) as we end in Amsterdam. Really appreciate your kindness in mentioning it. Thank you :)

Edited to say - went to look - no Prinsendam sailings apply. Appears to be Oosterdam, Zuiderdam & Koningsdam sailings only.

I saw that but my PCC mentioned it to me for our Prinsendam sailing and gave me the pricing. I wonder if all itineraries are showing in the links.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you started in FLL. It is only available for pre-cruise. I asked because I was more interested in the Rome one than the Amsterdam one.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I saw that but my PCC mentioned it to me for our Prinsendam sailing and gave me the pricing. I wonder if all itineraries are showing in the links.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you started in FLL. It is only available for pre-cruise. I asked because I was more interested in the Rome one than the Amsterdam one.

You have nothing to be sorry for. It was very thoughtful of you to mention it and I really appreciate it :). Thank you again :)

• 5 months later...

Hi Kazu,I saw this thread after I booked,but I did book it with all the special offers.I do have a question.I booked a Vista Suite.Its on deck 8 aft,and is room 216 which is a BC category. It shows there is no walk in closet.Does this mean its a new addition,and where would the best areas be to have a Vista Suite? :)

Hi Kazu,I saw this thread after I booked,but I did book it with all the special offers.I do have a question.I booked a Vista Suite.Its on deck 8 aft,and is room 216 which is a BC category. It shows there is no walk in closet.Does this mean its a new addition,and where would the best areas be to have a Vista Suite? :)

That is definitely a new addition. Those rooms have had a history of problems with vibration and with water draining onto the balconies although I have not heard too much of those issues recently.

Roy

HI PatLuv,

Yes that cabin is an AB cabin and one of the new additions. It is NOT representative of a standard P'dam cabin IMO.

Personally, I would avoid them, but I like the genuine P'dam cabins.

If going to AA isn't too much - try to see if 120 is available. I know several cc members that like that location.

Here is a pic of 130 which does show the walk in closet. click here for pic

Othewise, choose an alternate with "do not upgrade". Non walk in cabins are designated on the deck plan.

JMO though.