Great cabin on the Constellation -- help

Presto2

Hi,

Have found out today that our cruise on the Reflection for 2018 has been cancelled as there is someone else who has booked it for 5 days mid cruise. We have been offered alternative dates, but can not do them because we have to sail in school holidays.

They have offered us $200 OBC as an 'apology' (our words) but have just a few days to think about moving to another cruise with Celebrity or cancelling full stop. (Thanks for nothing Celebrity)

We have seen a cruise on The Constellation for 10 days, but we have no knowledge of the ship at all and have never done any research re the best cabins. Has anyone got any tips please?

We generally are happy at the very front or in an aft cabin. Like a cabin with full sun or a mix of sun and shade. We like to look down on to the sea if in a cabin on the side, but can't see any of those from the deck plans.

Really would appreciate some help on this one

We were looking forward to coming back to Celebrity, but this has left us with a bad taste in our mouths and if we can't find what we are happy with, we will leave the $200 OBC and take our money elsewhere.

Disappointed tonight and going to take our cruise clock off the signature :(

Category 2C (sweet sixteen)

6030 - 6016 Starboard

6035 - 6021 Port

The 5 aft cabins in AQ class on deck 11 are lovely but they go quickly. You can find a deck plan by googling and make your choice from there. I hope you find something you like and that you have a great cruise.

Sorry to hear Celebrity screwed up your plans. The likelihood of finding a preferred cabin is slim. But I have liked the aft cabins when we've had them. Had one last year on the Connie.

I'd suggest you consider treating Celebrity as they treated you and care as much about sailing them as they wanted you to sail. $200 obc is nothing and quite frankly should be considered an insult. Azamara gave us $500 OBC for a cancelled cruise. They even honored our rate for the same category even though the current rates were a couple thousand dollars more.

Good luck in your sailing endeavors.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We had our 14 night Infinity cruise canceled a couple of years ago and, just as you mentioned, gave us $200 OBC for the inconvenience. However, they also offered to let you keep any perks you may have gotten on the original cruise, provided you didn't downgrade to an inside cabin. In addition, we were given a group of different cruises where the pricing would be honored. It is so far out ahead of time that airfare cancellation fees are probably not of concern. I know ours wasn't.

We chose one of the alternate cruises that they provided, although the deal wasn't that great so far out ahead of time, but as it came down in cost, we ended up getting a fabulous final price for a even more fabulous cabin. We were able snag one of the family verandas in the aft of the ship. It was awesome and were very happy with the cruise we chose ... even more so than if they hadn't canceled it. We were, however, very flexible and chose an itinerary that left from our home port. I only mention it as the Infinity and the Connie are similar and those aft family verandas are excellent cabins if you are able to get one.

One more note, at least with us, they were flexible on the time frame on which we needed to decide. Talk to the captain's circle host or one of the supervisors to discuss your dilemma and hopefully they will give you the same consideration on the expiry of that $200 obc. I didn't feel like it was an insult and even though it is a major inconvenience for you, it is business and they all do this. At least they have given you sufficient notice and didn't wait until 2 months before your trip to inform you, albeit, their communication could improve in these instances. Your roll call, if you are signed up, might be a better source of information when this happens. I hope, whatever you decide, that you find an amazing cruise, as we did ... and that you can hopefully take advantage of some of the additional obc they are providing.

Th sweet 16 as someone else posted have large balconies so they are a good choice. Our preference, if available, would be a C1. Aft cabin with huge balcony. The cabin is a bit larger than standard veranda (195 sq ft vs 175).

Thanks everyone.

Have seen an aft cabin that is still available but it looks like the balcony is mainly covered and I am thinking that it would make the cabin dark inside?

Have heard of the sweet 16 but aren't they above the theatre or something similar so are worried about the noise.

Thanks again. Just waiting so hear from the TA if we can book another cruise and have the OBC and AI drinks AND our $200 apology money or if they would class it as another booking and we couldn't have it. We'll see.

Sorry you've had to rearrange. It was an annual occurrence for Equinox in the Med (Atlantis yearly charter) until they moved her back to the Caribbean. I can definitely recommend the FVs and C1s on M class. We've stayed in both and love the larger balconies. I have photos of the two if you'd like me to post, obviously after you've confirmed what X are prepared to offer ;).

We were in 6136 on the Infinity (sibling ship) about a year ago, had an amazing BIG balcony for a Concierge class cabin; Very sunny as well. 6135 across the ship is identical. 6144 and 6143 a little further aft are even BIGGER, yet still C1 cabins. They are all situated above the MDR upper level so no noise at night at all.

We've also stayed in one of the newer Oceanview cabins on deck 3 near the conference center, cabin 3130. All of these cabins from 3112-3144 have HUGE windows with an expansive view. They are also very quiet with little foot traffic.

I hope this helps.

Hi

Have been offered 7203 or 7206 C1 with huge aft balcony. They are giving us the OBC and AI drinks package as well as the 200 OBC (apology) so that isn't too bad. Very tempted.

Hi

Have been offered 7203 or 7206 C1 with huge aft balcony. They are giving us the OBC and AI drinks package as well as the 200 OBC (apology) so that isn't too bad. Very tempted.

This is the 10 day Greek isles sailing correct? That actually sounds like a really good deal. I've been in one of those cabins before on a cabin crawl. They are very nice! Although the M class ships aren't as new as the S class ships, they are still really nice. We love the Infinity! :)

Hi

I just checked on a reliable German based cruise website and it shows that 6143 and 6144 are still available. Although these aren't aft facing, they are BIGGER balaconies AND larger C1 cabins than any other Concierge class cabins onboard!

This is the 10 day Greek isles sailing correct? That actually sounds like a really good deal. I've been in one of those cabins before on a cabin crawl. They are very nice! Although the M class ships aren't as new as the S class ships, they are still really nice. We love the Infinity! :)

I just checked on a reliable German based cruise website and it shows that 6143 and 6144 are still available. Although these aren't aft facing, they are BIGGER balaconies AND larger C1 cabins than any other Concierge class cabins onboard!

Hi, yes the 10 day sailing. I think we are going to go for the deck 7 cabins. We are a little worried about being above the restaurant on deck 6 and like deck 7 as there are cabins above and below us. We had always wondered what it is like to go on one of the older Celebrity ships, so it looks like we are going to find out.

Re the thoughts that one is being sold ---- we've worked out that if we have to book flights and a hotel then we would be ok if they cancel the cruise as the hotel is ok to cancel and the flights could be moved for a relatively small cost! Once bitten !

Sorry to hear about the cancellation. What was the date?

I think it was the 9th / 10th August from Rome, returning in the 20th of August. As it is we have now ended up with a cruise that leaves on the 20th and as that is our wedding anniversary it may be a good choice :-)

Th sweet 16 as someone else posted have large balconies so they are a good choice. Our preference, if available, would be a C1. Aft cabin with huge balcony. The cabin is a bit larger than standard veranda (195 sq ft vs 175).

This is what we are going for ---- we love the aft cabins on Silhouette so am sure we will be happy :-)

Hi

Accept the offer - we stayed in 7208 last year- table and 4 chairs, 2 sunloungers and a small table with still lots of room. I'm gutted that the Constellation is possibly one of the ships for sale - I wanted to book one of these aft staterooms again!

Accept the offer - we stayed in 7208 last year- table and 4 chairs, 2 sunloungers and a small table with still lots of room. I'm gutted that the Constellation is possibly one of the ships for sale - I wanted to book one of these aft staterooms again!

Well, we've gone for it and booked 7203 with a total of $500 OBC ($300 plus the $200 compensation) and a free Classic Drinks Package. Our thinking is that the $200 could pay for an upgrade to the premium drinks package and the other $300 for some select dining venues as a treat.

Very pleased tonight and can now replace my Reflection Cruise Clock with a Connie one...

Re selling her --- I just hope that they will wait for us to sail this time.

• 1 month later...

Hi, we have just found some clips of the cabin we booked on youtube and can not believe how amazing the balcony is! The cabin looks amazing and now that we have booked a 3 night stay in Venice (with recommendations from CC folk) it looks like we will get a better holiday than the one that was cancelled.

We just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who helped us earlier this year. :-)

Hi, we have just found some clips of the cabin we booked on youtube and can not believe how amazing the balcony is! The cabin looks amazing and now that we have booked a 3 night stay in Venice (with recommendations from CC folk) it looks like we will get a better holiday than the one that was cancelled.

We just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who helped us earlier this year. :-)

Enjoy! You won't want a normal balcony ever again! We have booked one of these staterooms again for next year and can't wait!

• 1 month later...