EQUINOX DEUX - 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean - PV Trip Report 3/13/17

FRMPEI

DSC02083%20Intro-XL.jpg

Hello,it's me

I've thought about us for a long, long time ... Todd Rundgreen

Yes! Hello, it's me again. It has been over two years since my last Trip Report and boy I am finally ready to report on our latest Fantastic 11 Day Cruise (and three pre-cruise days) aboard the Beautiful Celebrity Equinox. I took a little over 5000 photos and captured over 800 video clips. I promise to only share my best and relevant photos and clips. I scanned all the Celebrity Todays, took lots of photos of food, menus, ship, ships, people, excursions, etc.

The thing to remember about my style is that I do not do REVIEWS I do TRIP REPORTS. Seriously! Why would anybody want to read something were I am giving a rating? But, I will give you my opinion on things. I am not relying on my memory I have taken lots of notes. I still love my tech and I will spend some time on that.

So please come along for the ride. Please ask questions and or add your comments and I promise to respond to each and everyone of you. It will most likely take me quite a while to get this TRIP REPORT finished.

Brace yourself for the onslaught it is about to begin.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I lovingly write this Trip Report in memory of my mom, Shirley Reid, who passed away on March 31, 2017 just a few days after our return. My mom was never fortunate enough to go on a cruise but, she made it clear that she wanted Donna and I not to change our plans and go on this cruise.

Kevin, first off, my sincere condolences on the loss of your Mom, I'm thinking you have lots of photos and videos of your times together to help ease the loss somewhat.

Very much looking forward to this report...we are on the Equinox late October and are keeping up with a couple of other reviews currently on the boards. I guess some of the beverage package lists are already outdated since your cruise but maybe the menus will be similar when we finally get to go!

Cathy

Kevin, my condolences on the loss of your Mom.

I don't usually read trip reviews, but do enjoy reading yours.

We took this very same trip in late November of 2016, and am anxious to see if you had as good of a time as we did.

I enjoy your writing style and the quality of your photos.

Kevin, my condolences concerning the loss of your Mom.

I'm looking forward to reading your report.

I'm also glad for you that you were able to take this cruise after not cruising for two years.

Did you book another cruise while on board?

Carl

Love you trip reports! I departed the Equinox the day you boarded..Looking forward to it.

Hello pretty princess,

I have some neat pictures of you guys coming into Port Everglades early in the morning shot from our hotel room that I will share. An exciting morning for us but, I am sure it was quite a downer for you guys?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Very much looking forward to this report...we are on the Equinox late October and are keeping up with a couple of other reviews currently on the boards. I guess some of the beverage package lists are already outdated since your cruise but maybe the menus will be similar when we finally get to go!

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for joining me again on my third Trip Report. I really do not pay too much attention to the beverage list because we upgrade DW, Donna, to Premium and the classic is all I need because I only drank water and Cokes. But, I did discover that I liked Café Lattes this trip.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi neighbor ... We did this cruise in April.... Can't wait to read your trip report.

Hello back to you neighbour. (autocorrect tried to take out the "u" in neighbour)

So how close of a neighbour are we? Thanks for joining in.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Sorry about your loss.

Will be following your trip report.

Hi easyboy,

Thank you! Glad to have you along for the LONG haul.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I don't usually read trip reviews, but do enjoy reading yours.

We took this very same trip in late November of 2016, and am anxious to see if you had as good of a time as we did.

I enjoy your writing style and the quality of your photos.

Hi Ozzmund,

Comments like yours make it all worth the work to put together a trip report. I can tell you right now we had a great time with no let downs. I am hoping that my photos are even better than my previous reports or I spent too much money on my new camera equipment. :D

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I am really looking forward to reading your report on the Equinox. Thank you for posting.

Hi Arzeena,

Thank You! I am really looking forward to getting this report going. It took me quite a while to get this thread started.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

... Looking forward to another one of your fabulous trip reports.

Hi Champagne123,

I just hope I can also make this Trip Report fabulous. I think I have the content to succeed.:halo:

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Deepest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother. I hope your memories will bring you comfort.

Hi QueensChick,

Thank You! I was wondering about your screen name and first thought it was Queens University in Canada. Then Clicked on your profile and quickly figured it out. Glad to have you along for the ride.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Looking forward for your trip report, we were on the same cruise.

HI Vaux,

Thanks and glad to have you joining in. Did you go to the CC meet and greet? Slot pull? Be sure to point out if you pop up in any of my pictures?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Kevin, my condolences concerning the loss of your Mom.

I'm looking forward to reading your report.

I'm also glad for you that you were able to take this cruise after not cruising for two years.

Did you book another cruise while on board?

Carl

Hi Carl,

Thank You! I am sorry that you were not able to cruise with us this time.:(

Yes! We booked a 12 day on Silhouette for 2019. Already have 2018 booked on Reflection. I will get into more detail in the Trip Report but, we original had booked Edge for 2019 onboard but later went down to Future Cruise cancelled and replaced with Silhouette. Stayed tuned more to come especially my opinions on Edge.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hello Kevin!

Looking forward to reading your trip report. Your reports are always fun to follow.

I have a question. I'm on the Summit Canada/New England cruise that calls at PEI on Wednesday, 18 October 2017. Have tried contacting Duncan at Duncan's Island Tours, but no response. Can you recommend a good tour guide? Thanks!

lajessen at yahoo dot com

Kevin.

We have been waiting with baited breath for the trip report.

Now we are aware of the reason for delaying it. Can I offer our sincere condolences on the loss of your mum.It was obviously a difficult time.

It was great to meet you and Donna and your cruise mates.

Really looking forward to your report.

Wes and Liz.