Celebrity Solstice - Wire in my food

Lewis2017

Waffle Iron? No, so far never any foreign or domestic objects in my food on a cruise.

I found a metal wire in my waffle that was served to me the morning of my departure from the cruise ship:eek::eek::eek:. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I found a metal wire in my waffle that was served to me the morning of my departure from the cruise ship:eek::eek::eek:. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I have to admit, that is one side with the waffles I have not tried yet. :')

I'm guessing it was from a wire cleaning brush. I've heard warnings about using them on outdoor grills, since the wires can get stuck on the grill and end up in food. There was a case of a woman who needed surgery to remove a wire that she ingested from a grilled burger.

Most definitely report it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. All the time. That's what they are called "waffle surprise".

No wire. Found hair in two separate dishes (same cruise). Best part of breakfast this morning was the danish server dropping a roll into the empty chair (holding luggage) then putting it back on the tray....

What did you do about it?

Seems just asking if anyone had a "similar experience" doesn't address the issue.

My dad found a dead fly in his salad at this well known local restaurant. He brought it to the attention of the waiter. Waiter said he would not charge him for the fly. Got him another salad.

This thread seems rather suspicious.

Welcome to Cruise Critic Mr/Mrs OP. I would call you by name but I have a feeling your first post will be your only pot. If I am wrong, I apologize.

As for the wire in your waffle.....

.....could be a valuable source of iron added to your diet.

.....the wires had to end up somewhere when all the ships went wireless.

....,you should be able to find others who have experienced this by doing a search for "wire in my food". Oh....wait...hmmmm....

Keepimg my tongue firmly in my cheek :o

I found a large staple like they use to fasten cardboard boxes in my salad from the salad bar onboard either a Celebrity ship or RCI ship. It has been awhile so can't recall which. I took it to Guest Relations and they thanked me for bringing it to their attention. Didn't seem very surprised but did apologize.

Being in the food industry, this happens on occasion. Most likely came from a "strainer" of some kind. How did the waiter handle it? If one wire was present it means the strainer is starting to fall apart. That can cause multiple issues.