Solstice Alaska & Inside Passage Timing

colliercruiser

We're on the June 30 Solstice cruise in Alaska, and I understand that we depart Skagway for the Inside Passage cruising around 6 PM. Anyone know when we start to see this area? We want to have our dinner before the Inside Passage and be able to view the sites from our balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really? Have you consulted a map? You have been in the Inside Passage since the day before Ketchikan, and will be again through the day before Victoria. EM

Wow! What great help. Bad day? They are not on the ship yet and I really don't see where a map will do a whole lot of good. How fast does the ship go, etc.

Sorry OP, I don't have the answer but just had to reply to this sarcastic response.

We're on the June 30 Solstice cruise in Alaska, and I understand that we depart Skagway for the Inside Passage cruising around 6 PM. Anyone know when we start to see this area? We want to have our dinner before the Inside Passage and be able to view the sites from our balcony.

Remember that sunset will be quite late at that time of year and latitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Have you consulted a map? You have been in the Inside Passage since the day before Ketchikan, and will be again through the day before Victoria. EM

Since the cruise itinerary lists the 6:30-10:30 PM time on this specific day as "Cruising Inside Passage", I'm assuming that this portion is of particular interest or note... perhaps special presentations and/or scenery.... and perhaps something that isn't obvious on a map to a first-time Alaska cruiser.