sailing from Waterland Terminal in Amsterdam

Roundtop

Koningsdam sails from Waterland terminal in Amsterdam on July 30. I understand this terminal is in an industrial area. Has anyone sailed from Waterland? If so, are there any passenger facilities at Waterland? We will be disembarking from July 18-30 Silhouette cruise at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam on July 30, then transferring to Koningsdam for the 7-day July 30-Aug.6 sailing. We are trying to decide if we should store luggage at PTA, do some independent exploring in Amsterdam, reclaim luggage, then taxi to Waterland for boarding Koningsdam. All suggestions welcomed!

No Waterland terminal has no special facilities. It is situated in an industrial area in the western part of the port. Use google maps to see the exact location.

Indeed you can store luggage in the cruise terminal and pick it up later.

Inside the terminal there lockers, check the PTA website, bagage kluizen, whre you will see details re sizes and prices. Payment is only with 1 or 2 Euro coins.

Another option is lugagge storage at Centraal Station: http://www.ns.nl/en/stations/amsterdam-centraal.html

We are also on this cruise. I noted the change in embarkation terminal also yesterday when we got our boarding passes. A few days ago, we got an email from HAL listing specific check in times for boarding based on what deck your cabin is on. I wonder if these specific times are due to the lack of passenger facilities at Waterland terminal.

Ine, thank you for the information. I had originally envisioned strolling from one ship to the other, rolling our luggage. With the storage at PTA, we now will have more time to explore Amsterdam, prior to our 2pm boarding at Waterland Pier.

Denton 1, we experienced assigned boarding times when sailing with P&O out of Southampton last year. Weather didn't cooperate with the carefully orchestrated schedule, but eventually everyone boarded. We are from the Houston area and eager to enjoy some milder weather on the cruises.

I received an emai response from HAL today about some questions I had regarding the Waterland Terminal. I have copied the response from them below.

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line with regards to your upcoming July 30, 2017 sailing of the ms Koningsdam. Please see the answers to your questions as follows:

Are taxis from town allowed to drive into the site? Yes

Will there be luggage attendants to help with bags? Yes

Will there be places to sit as we wait for boarding? Yes

I guess that they will have adequate facilities there. Just more inconvenient than normal. At least the ship will return to the main passenger terminal downtown.

I received an emai response from HAL today about some questions I had regarding the Waterland Terminal. I have copied the response from them below.

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line with regards to your upcoming July 30, 2017 sailing of the ms Koningsdam. Please see the answers to your questions as follows:

Are taxis from town allowed to drive into the site? Yes

Will there be luggage attendants to help with bags? Yes

Will there be places to sit as we wait for boarding? Yes

I guess that they will have adequate facilities there. Just more inconvenient than normal. At least the ship will return to the main passenger terminal downtown.

I wonder of you know anything about a possible shuttle between this terminal and trainstation Amsterdam Sloterdijk?

Just so other passengers will know this too.

I noticed RCCL-Vision of the seas offers this.

Koningsdam sails from Waterland terminal in Amsterdam on July 30. I understand this terminal is in an industrial area. Has anyone sailed from Waterland? If so, are there any passenger facilities at Waterland? We will be disembarking from July 18-30 Silhouette cruise at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam on July 30, then transferring to Koningsdam for the 7-day July 30-Aug.6 sailing. We are trying to decide if we should store luggage at PTA, do some independent exploring in Amsterdam, reclaim luggage, then taxi to Waterland for boarding Koningsdam. All suggestions welcomed!

We have the same problem however different day. We are on Koningsdam July 2 and arrive at PTA on July 9. We board Vision of the Seas for another cruise at Waterland (found out yesterday). I, like you, was all set to simply "bag drag" between ships. Not now. So thanks for posting this. We have a 10:30 boarding time on Vision (that certainly helps), so my current plan is to simply set up a van service for pickup about 9 am. Will take my time getting off Koningsdam, likely leave the ship about 8:30 and meet the van. Then we'll be at Waterland around 9:30 and just sit around until boarding. Inconvenient, but such is life.

I wonder of you know anything about a possible shuttle between this terminal and trainstation Amsterdam Sloterdijk?

Just so other passengers will know this too.

I noticed RCCL-Vision of the seas offers this.

I haven't heard anything about shuttles. HAL really answered only the specific questions I had asked. We are staying downtown near the main train station the night before the cruise. I imagine we will just get a cab to the port. From what I can see, it is about 10 KM to the boarding point from Centraal station.

I haven't heard anything about shuttles. HAL really answered only the specific questions I had asked. We are staying downtown near the main train station the night before the cruise. I imagine we will just get a cab to the port. From what I can see, it is about 10 KM to the boarding point from Centraal station.

I know the locations. Trainstation Amsterdam Sloterdijk is more close to the terminal and more convenient for those going to/from the airport. As RCCL offers a shuttle I wondered whether this shuttle was organised by the terminal or by the cruiseline.

• 3 weeks later...

The following from the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam Web Site may be useful:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PASSENGERS WHO TAKE A CRUISE FROM AMSTERDAM IN JULY 2017:

COSTA MAGICA - VISION OF THE SEAS & KONINGSDAM 2017

Passengers boarding at:

Costa Magica (June 18), Vision of the Seas (June 27) and Koningsdam (July 23):

You embark at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA). Your cruise does not end at PTA, but at Waterland Terminal. In case you want to come by car we recommend using Valet Parking Service via Central Parking. Your car will be driven away and parked for you on the day your cruise starts and your car will be waiting for you when you return from your cruise so you can start your way home immediately. If you are being picked up at the end of this cruise than this will be at the Waterland Terminal and not at PTA!

Address: Waterland Terminal – Elbaweg 1 – 1044 AD - AMSTERDAM

Passengers boarding at:

Costa Magica (July 2), Vision of the Seas (July 9) and Koningsdam (July 30):

You embark at Waterland Terminal. Your cruise does not end at Waterland Terminal, but at PTA. In case you want to come by car we recommend using Valet Parking Service via Central Parking. Your car will be driven away and parked for you on the day your cruise starts and your car will be waiting for you when you return from your cruise so you can start your way home immediately. If you are being picked up at the end of this cruise than this will be at the PTA and not at Waterland Terminal!

Address: Waterland Terminal – Elbaweg 1 – 1044 AD - AMSTERDAM

Please note:

- the Waterland Terminal does not have any parking facilities

- Use of Valet Parking Service is by far the best option

Please check this link for more information http://centralparking.nl/passenger-terminal-amsterdam/

- There is no public transport to the VCK Terminal and Waterland Terminal

- P+R Sloterdijk

- PTA advises passengers to buy a transferticket by bus to Schiphol Airport on board of the ship. This is by far the easiest way to travel into the airport.

In case you have any queries please sent us an email to : info@ptamsterdam.com

Address information:

Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA)

Piet Heinkade 27 Amsterdam

Waterland Terminal

Elbaweg 1 1044 AD Amsterdam

Valet Parking

http://centralparking.nl/passenger-terminal-amsterdam/

+31 (0)20 224 1777

P+R Sloterdijk

Piarcoplein 1 Amsterdam

Taxi Centrale Amsterdam: +31 (0)20 777 77 77

I know the locations. Trainstation Amsterdam Sloterdijk is more close to the terminal and more convenient for those going to/from the airport. As RCCL offers a shuttle I wondered whether this shuttle was organised by the terminal or by the cruiseline.

Hoi Ine, any idea how old that Waterland Terminal is?

Hoi Ine, any idea how old that Waterland Terminal is?

Not sure, my best guess is about the 70s since at that time that area was developed. It is usually used by cargoships but due to lack of enough space when 2 big ships dock at the same time at the cruise terminal this is an alternative docking.

There used to be an alternative docking even more outside of Amsterdam (the former ms Queen Elisabeth had to use it since it couldnot sail over the Coentunnel) that was worse, but that one is closed.

I was told the shuttles offered by RCCL was organised by them, not by the terminal.

Not sure, my best guess is about the 70s since at that time that area was developed. It is usually used by cargoships but due to lack of enough space when 2 big ships dock at the same time at the cruise terminal this is an alternative docking.

There used to be an alternative docking even more outside of Amsterdam (the former ms Queen Elisabeth had to use it since it couldnot sail over the Coentunnel) that was worse, but that one is closed.

I was told the shuttles offered by RCCL was organised by them, not by the terminal.

Thanks! I thought for a minute that Waterland Terminal was where that old live-in/accommodation cruise ship 'Rochdale One' was moored in A'dam from 2004 until 2011

I wonder if other ships will go there.

Yes also Celebrity, Royal Caribean and Costa dock there. As far as I can see all of them just 1 or 2 times. The regular cruiseterminal seems to have problems when 2 big ships want to dock there at the same time.